SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-10, 0-1) @ Omaha (2-12, 1-2) 1/6 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

6 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We were predicted to be the worst team in the conference? If so, why?

They were picked 7th, so it wasn't the worst.

Because players made dumb decisions to go into the portal and found out the grass wasn't greener.

A grad program wasn't in person so a player HAD to transfer.

We’re in year 3 of Sather yet the product on the floor has gotten worse each year he’s been here. There are about 360 D1 teams and we are currently one of the 10 worst teams. We can blame the portal and players leaving but every team in the country has had to deal with that. We have not utilized the portal to help build our roster. Moving forward we got Bruns, Treysen looks to be a good recruit, I think Mathew’s should be decent given some time, and I think Norman could play a role for a decent team. Everyone else we will see I guess. If anymore spots open up I hope we can utilize the portal and get some high impact guys like other teams seem to find. At the end of the day I’ll keep watching and supporting hoping for some different results but it’s just kind of sad to see where we’re at at the moment 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

We’re in year 3 of Sather yet the product on the floor has gotten worse each year he’s been here. There are about 360 D1 teams and we are currently one of the 10 worst teams. We can blame the portal and players leaving but every team in the country has had to deal with that. We have not utilized the portal to help build our roster. Moving forward we got Bruns, Treysen looks to be a good recruit, I think Mathew’s should be decent given some time, and I think Norman could play a role for a decent team. Everyone else we will see I guess. If anymore spots open up I hope we can utilize the portal and get some high impact guys like other teams seem to find. At the end of the day I’ll keep watching and supporting hoping for some different results but it’s just kind of sad to see where we’re at at the moment 

I thought Year 1 exceeded expectations, but yes...the product on the floor is pretty lousy right now.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CMSioux said:

This year is what it was predicted to be. Support the team they are student athletes that chose UND.

I will continue to support the team as I always do.  But North Dakota should NEVER be "predicted" to be one of the two or three worst teams in its league.

Sather seems to know what he is doing as far as in game coaching and X's & O's.  But I am questioning his eye for talent and/or his ability to recruit that talent which would explain the strong finish his first year with Jones' players (Jones was actually a great recruiter).  Now in year 3, this team appears to possibly be one of the worst UND basketball teams in years.

I thought Sather was a great hire at the time, and hopefully he still will turn out to be.  My fear though is that, in hindsight, Northern State basketball is a lot like UND Hockey or NDSU football.  It doesn't really matter who the head coach is, whoever is there is going to win at a pretty good clip.

• Upvote 1