SiouxSports.com Forum

Rip on Hak

jk

Since there has been some discontent about UND's lousy 4-2-2 start after six road games and two at home, I thought I would start a thread for criticizing the coaches. This way we can keep it out of all the other threads and have a central repository for it.

I'll start. Among Hakstol's problems:

1. Sometimes when he talks on the radio, Hakstol sounds like he might be from Canada.

2. He keeps cross-checking guys in front of the net when the team's already shorthanded.

3. I had ten cub scouts ready to come over to my house to watch the lunar eclipse last week, but it was cloudy. I think it's Hak's fault.

Criticize not just Hakstol but also Berry and Eades. If you haven't gotten it out of your system yet, criticize Blais for some good-old-days fun. Sorry I can't bring myself to start this section. Even on an anonymous internet board, those guys are just too menacing for me to go there.

Also feel free to add advice. Then we can make sure they see the thread and perhaps they will incorporate some of our suggestions. An example would be: On the PP, bring the goalie up and plant him in the slot in the offensive zone. With all his gear on, he would make a perfect screen.

This is what UND gets for hiring the wrong guy this summer.  They could've had me, but they didn't think I was "qualified" for the job.  I hope they learned their lesson.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to have graduated to be able to get hired. :silly:

This is what UND gets for hiring the wrong guy this summer.  They could've had me, but they didn't think I was "qualified" for the job.  I hope they learned their lesson.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry Dirty - they were going to hire me, but I wanted to finish school, the ABA only allows students to work 20 hours a week :silly: So they panicked and hired that Hakstol guy, I'm pretty sure he's not even an American. Cheap Canadian labor can only take you so far.

Thank you for starting this thread -- I've been steamed for a couple days at the coaching staff --

During Friday's game vs BC during the 2nd intermission I decided to make caramel brownies (in the attempt to avoid Watching the final period and to just Listen to the last period since the CSTV intermission guy stated that BC was going to "blow open" the 3rd period on the Sioux)

Sure enough the coaches must have done something to fire-up the team 'cause the exciting come-back attempt resulted in me forgeting the d@mn baking goods until a "crisp" smell reached the living room.

So: I blame Hak and Co. for the tough edges on the caramel brownies and the smell in the house. :silly::D

I don't understand why we should "Rip in Hak" or any of the other coaches for that matter (except eades...i'm still bitter). I dont think we should rip on any of them, they aren't the ones who are out on the ice skating and checking and trying to catch a pass....i'm blaming the players at this point. they just need to wake up or SOMETHING needs to happen, i'll be watching the CC series from behind my hands most of the time. i dont know what it's going to take?:D:silly: