SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (0-1) vs Montana (1-1) 11/15 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

reid grant showed absolutely nothing last night?  

sueker looks like a different player from last year but that probably comes from knowing your guy now not the d2 transfer....bruns looked good...norman knocked a few down...and the big football player (howard...i know his name now!) was a spark...he can score!

fun game

I believe  Reid will do just find.  He can handle the ball, play defense and his time will come to knock down shot.

7 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I believe  Reid will do just find.  He can handle the ball, play defense and his time will come to knock down shot.

i think this was his first action but he didn't do either of the three last night...he looked lost. assuming he took ethan's minutes who was wearing a knee brace on the sidelines?

Reid needs to be confident in his shot. Isn’t that a big reason why he is where he is? Passed up on some open looks. It will come, can’t blame the kid thrown in for his first real minutes. Like the look of all these newcomers. Was pretty down on Nero in the first half but he adjusted and was able to draw fouls, would be nice to finish some of those (I know he finished the game winner). Just a fun team effort yesterday. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i said this about chad mustard in the past....mitchell sueker would make a really really nice tight end for bubba and would be a huge upgrade for the football team if and when his bball career ends.

He did play a little FB in HS, but he was a QB.  Didn't play a whole lot because some other guy was a little bit better (some dude with the last name of Lance). 

• Like 1

Great grit last night in coming back to beat Montana.  

-This is a game that UND would lose by 20+ with last years team at this time

-UND needs the version of Nero that closed out the Griz game going forward.  

-Important development for Sueker:  Going 2-4 from 3.  He struggled last year but historically was a high 30% 3 point shooter.   18 and 6 isn't a bad nights work

-Howard is just a basketball player.  There is no other way to describe him.  He put up some big numbers off of the bench.

-Loved that they outrebounded the Griz, even though they had moments where they allow the Griz to get multiple offensive rebounds in the 2nd half.  I don't remember UND ever doing that against them.  

-Norman stroking it from 3.  Nice

-They were not afraid to be physical with the Griz.  This will be important come conference season.

-Bruns had his moments, also had some rough ones as well.  I can't wait to see what he can do when he puts it all together.

-Defense was pretty good, minus the guards against Whitney.  Too many times he just scorched the guards, although when Nero got on him late, he was able to handle him.

-Mathews had a tough night, so did T.  Panoam also had a rough night.

-Still need to work through the lean moments and make them less and less.  

-15-17 from the line in the 2nd half.  23-30 overall in the game.  That will work going forward. 

This is a good win, now go get a few wins down in Boca.  Keep building off of this win.  This was something that the team last year was unable to do.  Too much see saw action.  There still will be some bumps in the road, but more reasons to be encourage than discouraged. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

You could tell Bruns lost a lot of confidence when he got blocked on his fastbreak. I wouldn’t say he didn’t anything that was too costly but then once he was able to see a couple fall when he went to the foul line you could see his confidence pickup. 

he knocked down a big one late in the second...him and norman physically look mature....for freshman.

26 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

he knocked down a big one late in the second...him and norman physically look mature....for freshman.

Not that it matters but Norman played two years of JuCo at Snow College before coming here. 

But your point stands, both he and Bruns don't look as young as they are.