SiouxSports.com Forum

Manke

sucka

I want to see Manke in the game this weekend. I am going to call it right now. He will start. The kid is too good to leave on the bench. Although I am a little worried what Manke may do if they don't play him this week. He played really well last weekend against UMD. Alot better than Belmore did. If he sits on the bench all year and only comes in when the game is out of hand, what is his motivation for next season? Possibly a program that lies 63 miles to the south. I dont know, but it is closer to his home and I know that NDSU was highly interested in both Reed and Rory. With Ryan graduating after this year, why would they stay and ride the bench all season when they would get playing time down there.

I just get worked up when Belmore gets to play every game. Sorry but I am hoping that Manke gets to play. And I think that the quaterback situation at UND is the only real problem that we have. And U2 Bad1, do you really think that any of the 3 Mankes would ever post anything on this website? You're a fool if you think that they would. I am just a huge Manke fan because they always find a way to win. And that would help our team immensly.

All three Manke's are Sioux football players and their ACT scores were too high so they couldn't have gone to the agricultural college if they had wanted to (I think you need to be below a composite ACT of 12). I am sure the fact that Ryan was at UND was a factor, but both Reed and Rory made up their own minds. They liked the coaches, players and academic programs UND has to offer.

I think Reed will continue to excel at QB and it sounds like he will get his opportunity to start this weekend. If anyone thinks the Mankes would leave simply because they weren't playing don't know them. They will be team players until they get their opportunity and as long as they are treated fairly will do whatever they need to do to help the team win. I don't think they would want to stay anywhere they weren't given the opportunity to earn their playing time. I think Coach Lennon will see to it his players are treated fairly. I did not understand why it took as long as it has to see what Reed could do, but now he needs to go out and make plays and have fun. I think he will show he is a winner. He tends to make the players around him better. He had great coaches in HS and he was a winner there because he was able to make his second and sometimes his third reads and he throws a very "catchable ball". He also made his teamates better but was the first to credit them for playing well. It should be fun to see him develop.

Speaking of QB's, the kid from East Grand Forks is the real deal. Is UND going after him?

I just get worked up when Belmore gets to play every game.  Sorry but I am hoping that Manke gets to play.  And I think that the quaterback situation at UND is the only real problem that we have.  And U2 Bad1, do you really think that any of the 3 Mankes would ever post anything on this website?  You're a fool if you think that they would.  I am just a huge Manke fan because they always find a way to win.  And that would help our team immensly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This advertisement was paid for by boyfriends of Manke

iramurphy, I think that we have had this conversation many times. I disagree with any idea that any of the Mankes would even consider transferring. Knowing them as I do, they are all good team players and are willing to contribute to the team when the time comes. Every player in the UND system, Manke or not, has to wait their turn (except Dressler).

Sucka, make it less obvious next time that you just made a name and post from it. Especially in a Manke forum and having that name, or by creating it some days ago and then posting from it. Try harder next time.

Manke will start this weekend and probably, struggle a little bit in the beginning, but who doesn't have the jitters for their first career collegiate start? I'd say by mid-1st early 2nd quarter those feelings are behind and he leads and controlls the offense effectively. He made a winner out of average teammates in high school in DL, he will probably/hopefully do the same here. We're all pulling for you Reed. (You know who we are)

Belmore and Manke. Manke and Belmore.

What's going to be interesting is if this conversation will be going on next year, for the #2 job, after this year's redshirt freshman Dan Freund comes out of fall camp as the #1 quarterback.

Now I've gone and done it. :):0

Belmore and Manke. Manke and Belmore.

What's going to be interesting is if this conversation will be going on next year, for the #2 job, after this year's redshirt freshman Dan Freund comes out of fall camp as the #1 quarterback.

Now I've gone and done it. :):0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've thought of that possibility, also. Freund's credentials are pretty impressive, although I have no idea how he's doing this year in practice.

This is all speculation on my part, but I suspect Manke might be one of those players who does better in a game situation than in practice. I'm afraid Belmore might be just the opposite, at least at this point in his career.

hey - we'll see what Manke can do tomorrow...if he can get the ball within 6 INCHES instead of 6 FEET of Caleb Johnsons hands as he's breaking deep to the endzone - I say he's in!! Belmore hasn't impressed me since his first game subbing for Bow - a playmaker could come in real handy since Carney is the 5th Quarterback on a 4-deep roster :0

Well, pro-Manke camp, please state your case today. Thank you.

Why?

Because I'm hoping for any kind of 4-quarter QB at UNO Saturday or UND is toast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was impressed with Manke in the first half, except for the interception into the endzone which was a poor decision. The second half? That was a whole different story. He had the same struggles that Belmore has had with regard to poor decision-making and bouts of inaccuracy. I'm thinking Bowenkamp will probably be given a shot on Saturday. If he can throw at all, which he apparently now can, there's nothing to lose.

On the bright side, UNO has given up at least 13 points in every game this year, and with the way the Sioux defense has been playing, that could actually be enough.

I was impressed with Manke in the first half, except for the interception into the endzone which was a poor decision. The second half? That was a whole different story. He had the same struggles that Belmore has had with regard to poor decision-making and bouts of inaccuracy. I'm thinking Bowenkamp will probably be given a shot on Saturday. If he can throw at all, which he apparently now can, there's nothing to lose.

On the bright side, UNO has given up at least 13 points in every game this year, and with the way the Sioux defense has been playing, that could actually be enough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I pretty much came to the same conclusion. The biggest thing that sticks out to me though- Manke committed four turnovers. That is obviously unacceptable, especially with how good the defense is. If UND can just hold on to the ball on offense and not put the defense in bad situations, the Sioux are in great shape to win every game.

Now here's what really worries me about the UNO game: UNO's linebackers are very athletic and outstanding at playing zone coverage and jumping on pass routes. In fact, one of their linebackers has returned three or four interceptions for touchdowns this year. With the way Belmore and Manke have made some terrible reads in the short passing game, that could spell big trouble. What I really hope to see out of the Sioux offense (especially if Bowenkamp can't go) is to stick with the running game as much as possible (45+ carries) and when they do pass, use play action and throw deep. UNO can be worn down if the running game keeps pounding on them.

RD17-

What's your assessment of UNO's offensive line? On paper, they don't really seem like they'd be as good as what UNO typically has, and yet they're again putting up huge rushing totals. Is it more a matter of Day being that good, or is the relatively inexperienced offensive line better than expected? Can the Sioux realistically keep Day somewhat under control?

UNO's offensive line is not as good as last year, but Day is a better running back than Kammrad was. The two probably offset each other. I definitely think UND can keep him under control and force Masek to throw the ball. Whether or not the Sioux offense can put enough points on the board is a whole different matter.

The big thing for UNO is that they got Chris Denney back last week coming off of a hamstring injury he suffered in the season opener. They were really hurting in the passing department without him because he is a big time receiver. I think he had a couple of long catches that led to scores against SCSU and his presence makes the UNO offense much better.

Here's something interesting to ponder: What if the UNO and SCSU games had been switched around on UND's schedule? SCSU was peaking when they played the Sioux and are now absolutely decimated by injuries. UNO was a very average team the first month of the season, but now they are playing some very good football. If UND had played those two teams in a different order, they win both games by 10+ points. Just goes to show how much things can change over the course of a season.

Well, pro-Manke camp, please state your case today. Thank you.

Why?

Because I'm hoping for any kind of 4-quarter QB at UNO Saturday or UND is toast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Manke played really well in the first half. There were a few plays where Belmore would have panicked and tried to scramble which would have given them a loss. Instead Manke made the throw to an open reciever. I think Manke needs another game to get some experience. We gave Belmore 5 chances to prove that he can learn and I saw nothing improved. Instead I think he may have regressed. Give Manke one more start and he will prove that he should be behind Bowenkamp.