SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

49 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Minesota /Wisconsin

Shots: 38-19 Minnesota

Shot attempts: 62-34 Minnesota

Wisconsin should really be embarrassed with how things have gone for them because of Berry pushing for B10 hockey

That's what happens when your AD understands ZERO about the sport and the rivalries, the fans, etc.  Barry didn't like that the Badgers had to play teams like Anchorage, Omaha, Bemidji and Mankato because they are a B1G school.  But they ended up giving up WCHA rivals DU, CC, NoDak, and Duluth that they had been playing for DECADES.  Badger hockey right now is a dumpster fire at best.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, jk said:

Boy I bet Omaha wishes it could go back a few weeks and not get swept by Miami.  Flip those two losses and Omaha is PWR 14 instead of 21.

Yeah, they are much better than 21st, but played down to MIAMI, CC and St Lawrence. They have to win the Frozen Face off to make the party. 

12 minutes ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

Seriously? That doesn't sound right, I feel like they've made at least one

They have not. They also never made the WCHA Final Five when they were in the WCHA for its final years before realignment. 

And they are the only NCHC team to have never made the Frozen Faceoff. 

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

That's what happens when your AD understands ZERO about the sport and the rivalries, the fans, etc.  Barry didn't like that the Badgers had to play teams like Anchorage, Omaha, Bemidji and Mankato because they are a B1G school.  But they ended up giving up WCHA rivals DU, CC, NoDak, and Duluth that they had been playing for DECADES.  Badger hockey right now is a dumpster fire at best.

Wisconsin hockey was a smart, fine-looking woman who lost her job and other things important to her and just let herself go.  Now she doesn't look good until just before closing time.  But dam, she and Sioux had some good times back in the day. 

The formation B1G hockey and the resulting breakup of the WCHA was bad news for a lot of schools, but with expansion to new schools, Big Ten hockey was gonna happen.   Putting it on Alvarez is OK with me though.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

Seriously? That doesn't sound right, I feel like they've made at least one

They made last year NCHC tourney at the Ralph (everyone did) but they’ve never made a Final Five or Frozen Faceoff. 

43 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Old time hockey?

We were in omaha visiting the in-laws. My wife is a Mavs fan (went to UNO). One of the best college games I’ve seen in a while. Very much old time hockey. Play of the night? Abate got cross checked and tussled a bit with a Pio, the kid punched him in the face and he laughed at him. Of course every time Savoie skated past, I yelled ‘Savoie you suck’, fans all around me cheered me on. Fun folks, good game. Not a fan of the Pios, chippy as hell when they went down by three. We might go again tonight!

• Upvote 1