SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 NHL Season

cberkas

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Zach Parise a healthy scratch for the first time in his wild career.  Has always been a classy human being, lets see how he handles it going forward.

I believe he still has 4 years on his contract.  Wonder if/when the Wild will try shop him.

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Wild don’t put up too much of a fight while getting smoked by Vegas.  Wonder if Parise will play Friday night against Arizona...

I'm thinking that he's back in the lineup and all parties move on.  Lots of haters on social media.  Took a long shift, bad bounce of the puck going over his stick, and its in the back of the net.  Funny on that play that they let Tuch sit wide open all alone to tie the game up on the back door.  Zach was in the right spot, just a bad bounce.

I can't see another team taking that contract unless its the Leafs or serious contender looking for a role guy to solidify a third line.  He does have a no trade clause, so he will get to choose exactly where he wants to go.  

2 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I’ve never been a fan of the nut check. Don’t mess with a mans junk. Ovie should of just dropped the gloves and do it the right way 

Agreed.  If you are going to take it there, you'd better be willing to drop em and take some punches until the linesmen step in.  I remember Gooch getting tossed for that a few years ago.  In college its a 5. 

41 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm thinking that he's back in the lineup and all parties move on.  Lots of haters on social media.  Took a long shift, bad bounce of the puck going over his stick, and its in the back of the net.  Funny on that play that they let Tuch sit wide open all alone to tie the game up on the back door.  Zach was in the right spot, just a bad bounce.

I can't see another team taking that contract unless its the Leafs or serious contender looking for a role guy to solidify a third line.  He does have a no trade clause, so he will get to choose exactly where he wants to go.  

I think the Wild management royally screwed up with how they handled Parise.  You don't dump on a veteran leader of the team like that.  Given the results last night the message didn't motivate the boys at all.  All this did was fracture the locker room between players and coaching staff/management.  Healthy scratched a franchise player because he took an extended shift to try to make something happen?  GTFO with that crap.  The franchise players are who you WANT on the ice in crunch time.  This is isn't junior or college hockey where coaches wield absolute authority and power, this is the NHL.  You healthy scratch guys who are loafing on and off the ice, who aren't committed, who are being cancers in the locker room, sure, the players understand that.  This was just dumb.  Parise taking it like a pro, as expected.  Four years left on the contract.  Good job Wild.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

I think the Wild management royally screwed up with how they handled Parise.  You don't dump on a veteran leader of the team like that.  Given the results last night the message didn't motivate the boys at all.  All this did was fracture the locker room between players and coaching staff/management.  Healthy scratched a franchise player because he took an extended shift to try to make something happen?  GTFO with that crap.  The franchise players are who you WANT on the ice in crunch time.  This is isn't junior or college hockey where coaches wield absolute authority and power, this is the NHL.  You healthy scratch guys who are loafing on and off the ice, who aren't committed, who are being cancers in the locker room, sure, the players understand that.  This was just dumb.  Parise taking it like a pro, as expected.  Four years left on the contract.  Good job Wild.

I don't agree with this.  He continued to make excuses.  He screwed up and his explanation was crap.  He said we was trying to get Folino a hat trick.  You play to win the game and to help the team, not for individual teammates.  I have always liked and defended Parise because no one works as hard as he does, but he screwed up and would not admit it.  

Hopefully the message was received and both the Wild and Parise move on and continue what has been a good season so far.

21 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I don't agree with this.  He continued to make excuses.  He screwed up and his explanation was crap.  He said we was trying to get Folino a hat trick.  You play to win the game and to help the team, not for individual teammates.  I have always liked and defended Parise because no one works as hard as he does, but he screwed up and would not admit it.  

Hopefully the message was received and both the Wild and Parise move on and continue what has been a good season so far.

Totally with you on this. I too have loved Zach since he first put on the Sioux jersey. The beatings he has taken in front of the net over the years unfortunately have taken a toll in his body. It’s just reality 

25 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Besides,  a hat trick off an empty net goal isn't that impressive.

1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

It's the 'new' Wild...everybody has to earn their playing time...unless of course you're buddies with the owner.

After last night's game they should healthy scratch the rest of the team.

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

I’ve never been a fan of the nut check. Don’t mess with a mans junk. Ovie should of just dropped the gloves and do it the right way 

This was before that, but sounds like Frederic was trying to fight Ovie all game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Blackheart said:

It's the 'new' Wild...everybody has to earn their playing time...unless of course you're buddies with the owner.

After last night's game they should healthy scratch the rest of the team.

Not like they played like crap. Fleury made some really big saves. His game was on 

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Not like they played like crap. Fleury made some really big saves. His game was on 

Well they didn't do a stellar job keeping the puck out of their net.  That's on the whole team; not just Talbot.