SiouxSports.com Forum

Dumpster fire

iramurphy

I suggested to UND they allow all fans with proof of vaccination. Good way to get people vaccinated is to allow restaurants, sporting events, concerts bars etc to reopen to everyone with proof of vaccination. Alumni office said they would pass idea to Chaves. I would assume others have suggested same. Hopefully the Governors around the country would favorably consider something similar. 

30 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

I suggested to UND they allow all fans with proof of vaccination. Good way to get people vaccinated is to allow restaurants, sporting events, concerts bars etc to reopen to everyone with proof of vaccination. Alumni office said they would pass idea to Chaves. I would assume others have suggested same. Hopefully the Governors around the country would favorably consider something similar. 

haha..."show me your papers comrade or you can't enjoy UND football"...think attendance is lacking at the alerus already? do this and you'll be able to hear our qb calling the plays in the huddle in the luxury boxes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

Would add to that those of us that have already had Covid are now immune and non-contagious.

2 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Would add to that those of us that have already had Covid are now immune and non-contagious.

For 3 mos maybe 6 or 7, maybe more. It is recommended that you should still get vaccinated without regard to activities attendance  

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

haha..."show me your papers comrade or you can't enjoy UND football"...think attendance is lacking at the alerus already? do this and you'll be able to hear our qb calling the plays in the huddle in the luxury boxes.

As it is, only 1000 get in as of now. You really have a problem with opening up the games and other activities to additional fans who can show they have been immunized?  (You can stick the “comrade” crap.) 

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Politics uber alles, I guess.

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

As it is, only 1000 get in as of now. You really have a problem with opening up the games and other activities to additional fans who can show they have been immunized?  (You can stick the “comrade” crap.) 

yes i have a problem with having to show documentation of any kind to attend public events....

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

yes i have a problem with having to show documentation of any kind to attend public events....

Sorry to hear that. Might that be the least of your problems. No tickets? No ID to get into a pub? No passport to travel?  If someone wants to try to decrease risks to other attendees and at the same time increase the opportunity for others to attend an event and you aren’t willing to participate, then don’t go. That’s one of the privileges of living in a free country. I’ve traveled into communist countries. This doesn’t compare. 

23 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Sorry to hear that. Might that be the least of your problems. No tickets? No ID to get into a pub? No passport to travel?  If someone wants to try to decrease risks to other attendees and at the same time increase the opportunity for others to attend an event and you aren’t willing to participate, then don’t go. That’s one of the privileges of living in a free country. I’ve traveled into communist countries. This doesn’t compare. 

comparing a vaccine id card to actually having a ticket to the event or proving your 21 or having a document proving a  US citizen is quite the leap.  nice try.

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

comparing a vaccine id card to actually having a ticket to the event or proving your 21 or having a document proving a  US citizen is quite the leap.  nice try.

If you are afraid of vaccines, take  your teddy bear with you. It isn’t a big deal. I was trying to think of ways more people can get in to UND athletic events. No one is forced to get vaccinated and no one is forced to attend the event. Why would anyone else care if others would take advantage the opportunity?  

5 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

If you are afraid of vaccines, take  your teddy bear with you. It isn’t a big deal. I was trying to think of ways more people can get in to UND athletic events. No one is forced to get vaccinated and no one is forced to attend the event. Why would anyone else care if others would take advantage the opportunity?  

if your afraid of a virus with a survival rate of 99.9% stay in your basement with your teddy bear....as for getting more people into the alerus center i couldn't think of a worse or dumber way of doing so by having people asked for their medical records at the door.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Sporting events have been ticketed for decades. Bars have restricted access by minors and carded patrons for decades. Most international travel has required a passport for...ready for this, decades.

The vaccine has been available literally for hours.

Let that sink in. And then come back and tell us what a comparison is.

• Like 1

I certainly didn’t wish to derail another topic with politics.  I’m not going to get into a debate with anyone who hasn’t kept up with the reason for masks.  My point wasn’t to start a debate about Covid. Neither of you two folks are going to teach me anything about health care, including infectious disease or immunology. Too many topics on SiouxSports have been derailed by politics.  My point wasn’t about lock downs or masks ( although the evidence is clear it decreases transmittal, though isn’t 100% effective). My thought was would this be an opportunity to bypass restrictions and allow more people to attend and minimize risks to others. I’ve stated my opinion without politics and I don’t wish to turn this into another train wreck.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, TBR said:

Websites of both the Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins University state that wearing masks effectively limits transmission of the virus responsible for covid19. Who on this forum can speak more authoritatively than these institutions, and what are their credentials?

there are videos of this small guy named fauci that said at the beginning of this back in february NOT to wear masks....interesting.

but science

1 hour ago, TBR said:

Websites of both the Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins University state that wearing masks effectively limits transmission of the virus responsible for covid19. Who on this forum can speak more authoritatively than these institutions, and what are their credentials?

Just now, iramurphy said:
1 hour ago, TBR said:

You don’t want to confuse anyone with scientific evidence and recommendations from world experts. Just a wild guess but I believe I have more experience with Covid patients than the folks who are trying to derail another subject with politics and misinformation. Moderators please move my original post suggesting an idea to get more fans in to our athletic events and all subsequent related responses somewhere else or to the trash bin. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, TBR said:

So how effective?  90% - 50% - 10%?  I agree that they are effective in the macro droplets but do little for the micro droplets ie aerosolized spread.  How else can anyone explain the spread in LCF's and the state of MN.  The experts and models have been so wrong and they are hanging their hat on masks as they don't really know what to do.  Yes mask help but it's not the answer.  The virus will always be with us and everyone at one time will be exposed to it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

there are videos of this small guy named fauci that said at the beginning of this back in february NOT to wear masks....interesting.

but science

Yes...because they were in short supply and even front line medical workers were having difficulty getting them. Context is important...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison Dan said:

So how effective?  90% - 50% - 10%?  I agree that they are effective in the macro droplets but do little for the micro droplets ie aerosolized spread.  How else can anyone explain the spread in LCF's and the state of MN.  The experts and models have been so wrong and they are hanging their hat on masks as they don't really know what to do.  Yes mask help but it's not the answer.  The virus will always be with us and everyone at one time will be exposed to it.  

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-research-confirms-critical-role-of-masks-in-preventing-covid-19-infection/

1 hour ago, Bison Dan said:

The Mayo Clinic says masks are critically important reducing spread of 0.2 micron sized (aerosol) particles. See link.

16 minutes ago, TBR said:

The Mayo Clinic says masks are critically important reducing spread of 0.2 micron sized (aerosol) particles. See link.

any benefit of a paper mask is nullified the second someone pulls out a three week old mask from their back pocket before going into hugo's....

38 minutes ago, TBR said:

Yes...because they were in short supply and even front line medical workers were having difficulty getting them. Context is important...

so there was a shortage of old hanes t-shirts to make clothe masks when fauci said don't wear a mask? interesting.