SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (1-6) @ SIU (4-0) 12/18 3 PM (Game 2)

SWSiouxMN

Just now, Dagger said:

Hate to say this. We are not a good team. And probably won’t be later this year either. Not enough talent. Maybe down the road players will get better with experience. But not anytime soon. 

I think it just kind of shows how much Marlon did for this team. I think we have more talent across the board this year but no one near Marlon’s talent. 

Hate to say it, but at this point any shot Brady takes outside of a layup is a bad shot. 28% career FG% and 23% from 3. There’s been some nice flashes like last year against Oregon St, but the sample size is pretty big now. I would love nothing more than to eat crow on this sometime down the road because the kid plays his butt off and has some pretty good instincts on the glass. But in today’s game you can’t give up that much on the offensive end.

This team as a whole isn’t going to set the world on fire on offense. Sims has been the biggest bright spot.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, UNDFan2577 said:

Hate to say it, but at this point any shot Brady takes outside of a layup is a bad shot. 28% career FG% and 23% from 3. There’s been some nice flashes like last year against Oregon St, but the sample size is pretty big now. I would love nothing more than to eat crow on this sometime down the road because the kid plays his butt off and has some pretty good instincts on the glass. But in today’s game you can’t give up that much on the offensive end.

This team as a whole isn’t going to set the world on fire on offense. Sims has been the biggest bright spot.

those are bad bad stats....

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I get recruiting some hard-working types but this is D1.  There better not be more than 2 of them that actually play. The rest better make up for them with sheer athletic ability and talent.  I dont see that right now.

I agree. Hard-working is such an overrated, over-used compliment. This is D1 ball, everyone works hard.

• Like 1