SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (0-2) @ Minnesota (3-0) 12/4 8 PM

SWSiouxMN

Hell of a half by UND! I’m rolling two TVs to watch hockey too, but my attention was very even with basketball. Awesome to see them neck and neck with the Goofs. Can’t let up now, keep playing their game. Carr is going to heat up, have to match his explosiveness.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Gophers are going to come out angry.  I expect to see a heavy dose of Carr and Gach in the first 5 minutes.  If UND can survive the wave and keep it close.  Maybe it might be time to start thinking:  A chance?

Gophers came out sleep walking with a couple completely blown assignments both from Carr giving UND wide open shots and some unforced turnovers. UND took advantage and built the lead and I think gained some confidence and energy. A half to forget for Carr with the struggles defensively and trying to do too much offensively. Gach has been very good and needs to keep attacking the rim. Gopher bigs especially on the defensive end have to have a much better effort and fight. That is a problem that hasn't improved much through 3 1/2 games so gives me a little concern thinking ahead to B1G play. I'd expect a much more intense effort defensively from Minnesota to start this half trying to force some turnovers and get out in the open court.