NORTH DAKOTA

North_Dakota_OLD2.gif North_Dakota_OLD3.gif North_Dakota_OLD1.gif
? - 1968 1969 - 1970 1971 - 1985

North_Dakota_OLD4.gif North_Dakota_OLD5.gif North_Dakota_OLD6.gif
1986 - 1989 1993 - 2008 2009 - 2015

North_Dakota.gif
2016 -
*see note 1 below

*1 This design has uniform numerals on its left side only; the right side has an "ND" logo (as depicted below).

North_Dakota-R.gif

Found this on http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/ if that helps.

Face masks are wrong for 1968 to at least 1973.

2 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Kelly Green. That is All American Mike Deutsch. Drafted by the Bears. Did well and likely to make the team. I believe he had cervical spinal stenosis found on his last physical which ended his very promising NFL career. Great athlete. Also lettered in track. He knew what his assignment was on each play and usually knew that of his teammates. Huge thighs, ran low to the ground, very difficult for one guy to tackle. Fullback was Mark Belmore. Also very tough to tackle. Great blocker. My junior year we were playing UNLV in Vegas. They had a stud MLB who was trash talking and throwing racial slurs about the white boy. Belmore got pissed so we were lined up to run the next play and he yelled at him “ok you f’in n..... we running right here” and pointed to where the play was going and yelled “I’ll meet you there”. One of most violent collisions on FB field I have seen. Problem was he did same thing next play. We only gained about 4 yds on the two plays. These to RB’s could play on any team any era. 

So in this photo I think it's 1973, was he wearing a grey or a silver helmet? 

32 minutes ago, Nodak61 said:

After looking at these helmets, I would kind of like to see a white throwback helmet for a game.   Thoughts?

I think I'd prefer the gray three stripped ones from the 80s I think it would go well with the gray pants . Either way I would just love to see a throwback. 

7 hours ago, Nodak61 said:

After looking at these helmets, I would kind of like to see a white throwback helmet for a game.   Thoughts?

Ever since we started talking about new uniforms and/or another helmet color a couple of years ago....I've always thought white should be our next helmet color, would look sharp! 

On 4/22/2020 at 9:42 PM, iramurphy said:

Kelly Green. That is All American Mike Deutsch. Drafted by the Bears. Did well and likely to make the team. I believe he had cervical spinal stenosis found on his last physical which ended his very promising NFL career. Great athlete. Also lettered in track. He knew what his assignment was on each play and usually knew that of his teammates. Huge thighs, ran low to the ground, very difficult for one guy to tackle. Fullback was Mark Belmore. Also very tough to tackle. Great blocker. My junior year we were playing UNLV in Vegas. They had a stud MLB who was trash talking and throwing racial slurs about the white boy. Belmore got pissed so we were lined up to run the next play and he yelled at him “ok you f’in n..... we running right here” and pointed to where the play was going and yelled “I’ll meet you there”. One of most violent collisions on FB field I have seen. Problem was he did same thing next play. We only gained about 4 yds on the two plays. These to RB’s could play on any team any era. 

I love stories like this, thanks for sharing.

• 2 months later...

The helmet color was changed from white to gray two or three years earlier than 1971 which is the conversion year indicated in the illustration above. I distinctly remember the gray helmets at a game I attended somewhere around "68 or "69 when I was in high school.