Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
UND Fan

2020-21 Recruiting

Recommended Posts

First known '20-21 offer:

F Chloe Van Zeeland, 6'1", Kaukauna (Kaukauna), WI  Has offers from IL St & UW-Mil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New offer:

PG Kailee Davis, 5'6", Detroit (Renaissance), MI  Has offers from Toledo & IN St

1st team All-Detroit metro as a sophomore, averaged 15 pts, 6  assists, 5 rebounds & 4 steals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

5'10" G out of California

Family moved to CA from the Twin Cities a couple of years ago.  Olson averaged 7 pts as a sophomore for an 18-9 team last year.  Older sister plays for SMU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New offer:

G Alexa Hocevar, 6'1", Chesterland (West Geauga), OH  Has offers from Youngstown St & Oakland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 12:58 PM, UND Fan said:

Family moved to CA from the Twin Cities a couple of years ago.  Olson averaged 7 pts as a sophomore for an 18-9 team last year.  Older sister plays for SMU.

Her older sister has transferred to NDSU, will be eligible next year.  Marie Olson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  10 hours ago, shep said:

New recruit coming

Jodi Anderson Centennial Cougars Circle Pines MN

********

She averaged just under 16 points as a junior along with 5.7 rebounds (nearly as many offensive rebounds as defensive).  Had a FG average of 51% (didn't shoot the 3 much) and 76% from the line.  

I am going to include this under the '21 recruiting thread.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New recruit coming: Makayla Wallace, PG though the Twitter profile doesn't seem to show where she's coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shep said:

New recruit coming: Makayla Wallace, PG though the Twitter profile doesn't seem to show where she's coming from.

Transfer from University of Evansville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hambone said:

Transfer from University of Evansville.

Thanks. I saw her pic which showed her as a back to back State Champ but it was in 2018. 
Does she have 2 years left?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 5'4" guard who doesn't score much.  Let's hope she can penetrate and steal the ball cause we need to get girls that can play with USD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shep said:

New recruit coming: Makayla Wallace, PG though the Twitter profile doesn't seem to show where she's coming from.

We may have the PG we have been looking for.  She started 20 games as a freshmen, averaged 6.3 points and led the team in assists and steals.  Started 4 games last year, averaging 4.8 points and still led the team in steals.  Averaged about 2 TOs a game in both years.  Shooting %'s are not great but if she can run the offense and handle the ball well, we don't need her to score.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UND Fan said:

We may have the PG we have been looking for.  She started 20 games as a freshmen, averaged 6.3 points and led the team in assists and steals.  Started 4 games last year, averaging 4.8 points and still led the team in steals.  Averaged about 2 TOs a game in both years.  Shooting %'s are not great but if she can run the offense and handle the ball well, we don't need her to score.   

Agree with “if she can run the offense and handle the ball well, we don’t need her to score”. Someone who can break a press without panicking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New offer:

C Miranda Vanderwal, 6'5", Strathvoy (Southwest Academy), ONT  Must a project as she average only a couple points/game last year.  Nice size!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

New offer:

C Miranda Vanderwal, 6'5", Strathvoy (Southwest Academy), ONT  Must a project as she average only a couple points/game last year.  Nice size!

I am actually surprised there is not a stronger Canada/UND connect in basketball (men's or women's). Is there just there not a lot of D1 talent? Winnipeg has like 8 high schools and there has two be a least a couple of D1 role players within the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...