Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geaux_sioux

Early Signing Day GDT

Recommended Posts

I agreed he has to be good.  Why else would we sign him.  They do need to develop 

2 or 3 years everyone was ticked off because we didn't sign HS recruit every year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

I agreed he has to be good.  Why else would we sign him.  They do need to develop 

2 or 3 years everyone was ticked off because we didn't sign HS recruit every year.  

Projected depth signees: They aren't needed at this time for the QB position. 

Plenty of examples of UND QBs over the years who have had little to no chance to ever start and win football games (Heidlebaugh, Grover, Bolinske, etc.). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

2 or 3 years everyone was ticked off because we didn't sign HS recruit every year.  

Most of us still would be. A constant rotation of transfers at the "most important position in sports" isn't healthy for the team. Boltman is the only HS commit at the QB position since 2014 perceived as legitimate..... not good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After next season we'll have a senior (Grover), who UND-FB-FAN says has no chance to ever start and win, and a junior (Boltman). Need to keep the pipeline full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

Ok 

the signing day is almost over

now what do I do for the next seven months?

:love:

Signing day 2.0 on February 6th :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

We'll send your suggestion in to Danny.  Maybe save them a bunch of research.

Freund doesn't want to hear from you, or probably most on this board, regarding football recruiting and strategy. 

If UND's coaching staff starts regularly taking suggestions from people on this board then UND football is worse off than I thought.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

After next season we'll have a senior (Grover), who UND-FB-FAN says has no chance to ever start and win, and a junior (Boltman). Need to keep the pipeline full.

I predicted the same thing with QB Ben Bolinske from Minot and got chastised on this board. Guess what, he left for Division II. Same went for Heidlebaugh but thankfully he found a spot at receiver. Grover will never start. If he does, UND won't win. 

A lot on here refuse to listen to realistic criticism. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I predicted the same thing with QB Ben Bolinske from Minot and got chastised on this board. Guess what, he left for Division II. Same went for Heidlebaugh but thankfully he found a spot at receiver. Grover will never start. If he does, UND won't win. 

A lot on here refuse to listen to realistic criticism. 

You may be right, I've never seen Grover play or even practice. I just don't believe you have any actual knowledge of Grover's potential either. 

If you're correct, it reinforces my point about the mostly empty qb pipeline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

You may be right, I've never seen Grover play or even practice. I just don't believe you have any actual knowledge of Grover's potential either. 

If you're correct, it reinforces my point about the mostly empty qb pipeline. 

I’ve watched his film and have seen him practice.

Next QB up. It hurts not getting Cedric Case but that ship has sailed. Now on to the next recruit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I predicted the same thing with QB Ben Bolinske from Minot and got chastised on this board. Guess what, he left for Division II. Same went for Heidlebaugh but thankfully he found a spot at receiver. Grover will never start. If he does, UND won't win. 

A lot on here refuse to listen to realistic criticism. 

So why waste a scholly on Grover at QB?     Find some other place to fit him in.   The same goes for any potential HS QB recruit.    Get someone who has great potential, no use getting someone just to say we got a QB in this class.   We don't need another Grover just marking time.   I'd rather see no QB in this class than another marginal one is what I'm getting at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

So why waste a scholly on Grover at QB?     Find some other place to fit him in.   The same goes for any potential HS QB recruit.    Get someone who has great potential, no use getting someone just to say we got a QB in this class.   We don't need another Grover just marking time.   I'd rather see no QB in this class than another marginal one is what I'm getting at.

I don’t think Grover is on a scholarship. Right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, we need an actual QB recruit in this HS class. That work?

Obviously we don't want to recruit a bad player, but we absolutely need a QB. Get one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Ok, we need an actual QB recruit in this HS class. That work?

Obviously we don't want to recruit a bad player, but we absolutely need a QB. Get one. 

But a Grover or Heidelbaugh type QB is almost worse than nothing, and I remember how hyped people were about H when we first signed him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hawkster said:

But a Grover or Heidelbaugh type QB is almost worse than nothing, and I remember how hyped people were about H when we first signed him.

One athlete and one walk on. I said an actual QB recruit. UND needs to get one in this class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

But a Grover or Heidelbaugh type QB is almost worse than nothing, and I remember how hyped people were about H when we first signed him.

I understand where your coming from, but this process has it's margin of error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Well the article the GFHerald had had a quote I believe saying they still want a HS QB or a QB with 4 years eligibility. 

Seeing as we didn't get a HS QB last year, let's do both. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

So with this early signing period how long are players able to sign before it closes again until February?

Early signing period is only 3 days, ends on the 21st.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Freund doesn't want to hear from you, or probably most on this board, regarding football recruiting and strategy. 

If UND's coaching staff starts regularly taking suggestions from people on this board then UND football is worse off than I thought.  

I'm not the one suggesting anything to the staff.  However, you seems to always have the answers.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I'm not the one suggesting anything to the staff.  However, you seems to always have the answers.

Relative to most on here, yes; therefore, I'll take that as a compliment. 

Despite my track record of predictions on here, most would rather blindly dispute all forms of criticism.

To each their own I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...