SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Signing Day GDT

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

I agreed he has to be good.  Why else would we sign him.  They do need to develop 

2 or 3 years everyone was ticked off because we didn't sign HS recruit every year.  

Projected depth signees: They aren't needed at this time for the QB position. 

Plenty of examples of UND QBs over the years who have had little to no chance to ever start and win football games (Heidlebaugh, Grover, Bolinske, etc.). 

2 or 3 years everyone was ticked off because we didn't sign HS recruit every year.  

Most of us still would be. A constant rotation of transfers at the "most important position in sports" isn't healthy for the team. Boltman is the only HS commit at the QB position since 2014 perceived as legitimate..... not good. 

We'll send your suggestion in to Danny.  Maybe save them a bunch of research.

Freund doesn't want to hear from you, or probably most on this board, regarding football recruiting and strategy. 

If UND's coaching staff starts regularly taking suggestions from people on this board then UND football is worse off than I thought.  

21 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

After next season we'll have a senior (Grover), who UND-FB-FAN says has no chance to ever start and win, and a junior (Boltman). Need to keep the pipeline full.

I predicted the same thing with QB Ben Bolinske from Minot and got chastised on this board. Guess what, he left for Division II. Same went for Heidlebaugh but thankfully he found a spot at receiver. Grover will never start. If he does, UND won't win. 

A lot on here refuse to listen to realistic criticism. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I predicted the same thing with QB Ben Bolinske from Minot and got chastised on this board. Guess what, he left for Division II. Same went for Heidlebaugh but thankfully he found a spot at receiver. Grover will never start. If he does, UND won't win. 

You may be right, I've never seen Grover play or even practice. I just don't believe you have any actual knowledge of Grover's potential either. 

If you're correct, it reinforces my point about the mostly empty qb pipeline. 

26 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

You may be right, I've never seen Grover play or even practice. I just don't believe you have any actual knowledge of Grover's potential either. 

If you're correct, it reinforces my point about the mostly empty qb pipeline. 

I’ve watched his film and have seen him practice.

Next QB up. It hurts not getting Cedric Case but that ship has sailed. Now on to the next recruit. 

40 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

So why waste a scholly on Grover at QB?     Find some other place to fit him in.   The same goes for any potential HS QB recruit.    Get someone who has great potential, no use getting someone just to say we got a QB in this class.   We don't need another Grover just marking time.   I'd rather see no QB in this class than another marginal one is what I'm getting at.

19 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

So why waste a scholly on Grover at QB?     Find some other place to fit him in.   The same goes for any potential HS QB recruit.    Get someone who has great potential, no use getting someone just to say we got a QB in this class.   We don't need another Grover just marking time.   I'd rather see no QB in this class than another marginal one is what I'm getting at.

I don’t think Grover is on a scholarship. Right? 

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Ok, we need an actual QB recruit in this HS class. That work?

Obviously we don't want to recruit a bad player, but we absolutely need a QB. Get one. 

But a Grover or Heidelbaugh type QB is almost worse than nothing, and I remember how hyped people were about H when we first signed him.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Freund doesn't want to hear from you, or probably most on this board, regarding football recruiting and strategy. 

If UND's coaching staff starts regularly taking suggestions from people on this board then UND football is worse off than I thought.  

I'm not the one suggesting anything to the staff.  However, you seems to always have the answers.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I'm not the one suggesting anything to the staff.  However, you seems to always have the answers.

Relative to most on here, yes; therefore, I'll take that as a compliment. 

Despite my track record of predictions on here, most would rather blindly dispute all forms of criticism.

To each their own I guess.