SiouxSports.com Forum

Thanks Coach Blais

jk

Let's keep the replacement speculation out of this thread.

THANKS Coach Blais for bringing UND hockey back. It was a hell of a run and the program is on as firm a footing as it has ever been. Good luck to you and your family, professionally and personally.

Signed, a student in your ninth-grade phy-ed class at Minot High School in 1979.

Thanks for giving the fans a style of hockey that was exciting to watch, and thanks for all of the success we've enjoyed in the past years. You've certainly left your mark here at UND, and you will be missed. Good luck in Columbus.

(not that you read this internet stuff anyway) :D

Thanks Coach

You've given us fans a hell of a ride. When I first met you, (24 years ago) I knew then you were a unique, gifted, all around funny dude.

Good luck Dean. Let the "Big Show" see what you're made of.

Thanks to Dean for 10 great years. If you have to leave, going out when you've got the program in very healthy shape is the best way to do it. I wish you the best of luck at the next level and I hope you always consider yourself part of the Sioux family.

Thanks Deano. Truly one of the best. You will be missed. Not only does UND prepare the players for the NHL but coaches also. Dean would never hold a player back from the NHL if he was ready to go, and Dean, you are definately ready for the NHL.

Good Luck.

Thanks Dean,

...for being a "regular guy" although you had a super high pressure job that would have turned many into an uptight jerk

...for always making "us" feel welcome at practice every week, even though we were just doing our jobs, you always had a smile on your face and patience we really appreciated

...for making every season, even the few not-so-great ones, fun to watch and be a part of

...for your honesty...you never were one to sugarcoat the truth...and that's something else "us" guys appreciated

...for bringing some great athletes to GF...we don't know how much we (and hopefully they) will appreciate their UND experience in the future....

...and finally, thanks...for putting your trust in Hak...if you think he's the man - I and many more are willing to go along with that endorsement for the future of this great program!!!

Best of luck in the NHL!!

I am going to miss the big time risks you would take when our team was down and needed a lift. Usually when the goalie is pulled you feel as if it was a last gasp of desperation but I have seen it succeed more than I have seen it fail. In the final five game this year against the rodents when you pulled the goalie and then put him back in on the fly by the reaction of rodent fans around me you had everyones respect in that arena. Thanks for being a great coach that gave the Sioux a chance to win every game!

My favorite memory of Coach Blais:

I was in Ann Arbor for the 1998 West Regional and seriously, the ONLY person in the building wearing a Sioux jersey. Yost was a madhouse of maize Michigan jerseys. I walked right by Dean in the concourse area and said "good luck coach." He quickly pulled me aside, shook my hand, and said, "looks like we might be the only people in the building pulling for the Sioux, huh?". I laughed, he chuckled, and he went on his way.

The guy is truly down-to-earth and a genuine good guy. It was a nice ten year run in Grand Forks, Coach Blais, and I wish you all the best in the NHL. I hope the 2004-2005 Sioux run the table and win the NCAA title as your going-away present.

MafiaMan

All I want to say is thanks coach for the memories & the championships. I have been a UND "FIGHTIN SIOUX" HOCKEY FAN for 30 years hey so i'm giving everybody my age here. Anyway, you have made this GATOR one proud SIOUX HOCKEY FAN. Don't laugh folks there are folks that graduated from UF that have follow UND HOCKEY. You see what I have started. Thanks again coach for everything.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973

Dean is proof that with an environment rich in tradition and hockey excellence, even a former Gopher can be converted.

Thanks for banners, Dean! I believe we should put up a few more in your honor.

taz will miss the crazy guy who pulls the goaltender in the title game.

"My 19 years at UND have prepared me for the next challenge," Blais said.

There are few guys at the my old fraternity house that have said the same thing. Their problem was they were students the whole time...Good luck to Dean. We'll see you at the Frozen Four in Columbus cheering on the Sioux...