SiouxSports.com Forum

Best song to be played at a hockey game

phoenixin05

I came up with this topic after watching Game 6 of the Canuck-Flames series. In the 6 periods played i heard the macarena and who let the dogs out at least 5 times each. In my view Welcome to the Jungle by Guns and Roses fits hockey better than any other sport. So say what you think is the best or just make fun of the worst.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Detroit Red Wings do a pretty amusing job of mixing songs up, particularly when penalties are called. I can recall hearing "It's a Mistake" by Men at Work when a Red Wing is marched off to the sin bin for two minutes. One of the funnier ones I heard, though, was when the St Louis Blues team goon (I forget his name...scrolled thru the roster and couldn't find it) was sent to the penalty box in a game earlier this season. The guy had hair about 4' long and they played "Sign" by Tesla...not the whole song, just the part where it said "and the sign said long haired freaky people...need not apply." You could hear the laughter throughout the arena.

As far as best song, though? Like it or not, Gary Glitter's "Rock n Roll Part I" will always rule the roost.

The guy had hair about 4' long and they played "Sign" by Tesla...not the whole song, just the part where it said "and the sign said long haired freaky people...need not apply."

Originally written by the 5 Man Electrical Band. I like Tesla but I'll bet the original version can't be beat.

7 Nation Army by the White Stripes is a good one to play! It gets the crowd into the game. Arenas play some wacky songs during games and the Ralph is guilty of it, too! There is one that they play that is jsut horrible; the one with the high pitched voice. I have no idea what song it is, but it sickens me to here it at a game...

My list:

'Thunderstruck,' AC/DC

'Rock & Roll Part II,' Gary Glitter

'Welcome To The Jungle,' Guns 'n' Roses

'Flirtin' With Disaster,' Molly Hatchet

'3am,' matchbox twenty (pre-game warmup song)

'Shoot To Thrill,' AC/DC

'Back In Black,' AC/DC

...I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. I burned a CD full of hockey songs. :D

Elizabeth

To keep players in a cheery mood and the fighting to a minimum, I'd like to hear "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" and "Don't Worry, Be Happy" played regularly. I'm sure DaveK will back me up on this. :D

WHY HASNT ANYBODY MENTIONED THE AWESOME SONG BY THE GEAR DADDIES?:D? "I wanna drive the Zamboni"

The Hockey Song is great too though!

Along with "Wild Side" by Motley Crue, and Hells Bells by AC/DC which comes on here @ The Joe (Joe Louis Arena) in Hockeytown USA!!!!!!

OOT

Hmmm.... Nobody has mention a personal favorate of mine, kind of a theme for me if you will. Dr. Feelgood by Motley Crue. A couple of others I can think of would be the Mission Impossible theme and Cochese by Audioslave.

There is one that they play that is jsut horrible; the one with the high pitched voice. I have no idea what song it is, but it sickens me to here it at a game...

My guess as to the one you are talking about is that "I believe in a thing called Love" by the Darkness. I just find the name of that band to be wierd in general. You hear the name Darkness and expect a bunch of really Gothic looking freaks to pop out, to yell fastly into the might, not those high-note hitting love children. :D

Redwing: Is this the one you're thinking of?

OK GO LYRICS

"Get Over It"

Lot of knots, lot of snags,

lot of holes, lot of cracks lot of crags. Lot of naggin' old hags,

lot of fools, lot of fool scum bags.

Oh it's such a drag, what a chore... oh your wounds are full of salt.

Everything's a stress and what's more, well it's all somebody's fault.

(Hey!) Get, get, get, get, get over it! [x3]

Get over, get over it.

Makes you sick, makes you ill,

makes you cheat, slipping change from the till.

Had it up to the gills... makes you cry while

the milk still spills. Ain't it just a bitch? What a pain...

Well it's all a crying shame. What

left to do but complain? Better find someone to blame.

Get over, get over it.

Got a job, got a life, got a four-door and a faithless wife.

Got those nice copper pipes, got an ex, got a room for the night.

Aren't you such a catch?

What a prize! Got a body like a battle

axe... Love that perfect frown, honest eyes...

We ought to buy you a Cadillac.

Get over, get over it.