SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Six man football viable for small ND towns?

South Dakota has authorized six man football.  Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Colorado have it.  Why not ND with all the small high schools in the state?   Seems better than consolidating and having 8th graders play against seniors.

https://trib.com/sports/high-school/football/addition-of--man-football-in-south-dakota-could-have/article_c0070715-3771-5bc1-a0dd-79326ee5f3a4.html

• Like 1

I believe Alexander and Center-Stanton are playing a 6-man schedule right now.  Grenora plays with Westby, MT as Mon-Dak in Montana right now.  May be one other team.  I think if the NDHSAA sanctioned it a few more teams would have it.

I'd be happy with seeing 6-man football come to ND...as long as we can also get 3-class boys' and girls' basketball too and send these private schools in the larger cities masquerading as "Class B" schools into a division of their own.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I'd be happy with seeing 6-man footlball come to ND...as long as we can also get 3-class boys' and girls' basketball too and send these private schools in the larger cities masquerading as "Class B" schools into a division of their own.

th?id=OIP.ov21C-BvUqt7IAC2dONI-AAAAA&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

6 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I'd be happy with seeing 6-man footlball come to ND...as long as we can also get 3-class boys' and girls' basketball too and send these private schools in the larger cities masquerading as "Class B" schools into a division of their own.

We can stay two class... just tell private schools they have to play class A ball since they have access to a lot more players. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/12/2018 at 12:59 PM, MafiaMan said:

I'd be happy with seeing 6-man football come to ND...as long as we can also get 3-class boys' and girls' basketball too and send these private schools in the larger cities masquerading as "Class B" schools into a division of their own.

Next you'll want an all private school section of Minnesota high school hockey.....:lol:;)