SiouxSports.com Forum

Captains for next year..

Siouxhockey03

Prpich would be well suited to have an A on his jersey. Sometimes it takes something like that to get a player to realize that he needs to step up and take responsibility. Mike deserves the position and I think it would be a good move cause I think that the players on the team respect his work ethic. I just think it would be a good move to motivate him to watch the stupid penalities.

I'm probably digging myself another hole. ;):D

I wasn't real excited to hear "bad bounces" and "wasn't our night" and "they're a good team" talk from the captain after some of this season's losses in the post-game radio show.

I wanted to hear more "we need to work even harder" and "we need to raise our intensity to meet the challenge" more often from the captain. Having said that, ....

I'd move the "C" onto Matt Jones and I'd put an "A" on Bochenski and Schneider.

Now, I am basing my assessment on what I see and hear in the media. If what happens in "The Room" makes my assessment void, meaning Schneider really does "rally the lads with rousing words" there but withholds them from the media (and the other team's locker room door too), so be it. Have him keep the "C" and put an "A" on Jones (and still Bochenski).

I'd expect the "C" to go onto Prpich in fall of 2005.

The Sicatoka Posted on Apr 16 2004, 10:39 AM

I wanted to hear more "we need to work even harder" and "we need to raise our intensity to meet the challenge" more often from the captain. Having said that, ....

I'd move the "C" onto Matt Jones and I'd put an "A" on Bochenski and Schneider

I would have to agree. Jones would be a good "C" or "A" He wore the "A" in Green Bay and did what he was supposed to do, so we'll see if he gets the "C" or "A" this season.

Schneider did what he was supposed to do this season, so we'll see where he ends up.

Prpich- not sure about him in a captain position. Bochenski I think should definitely hold a position based on what he did last season, but holding the position isn't necessarily about how good or bad you are as a player- also involves how you are in the locker room and outside of the game.

Schneider needs to remain Captain if for only one reason, I have a "C" on my Schneider jersey. :D

C: Schneider

A: Jonesy

A: Bucks

From what Hennessy said after the Denver game, I'd be really suprised if Brandon isn't at least an "A". Tim pretty much said that Brandon has matured more then any other player he has seen at UND.

Of late, the C has been a bit of a curse for the UND player wearing it on their jersey. That being said, give it to a d-man - if they all come back UND can afford for one of them to not have a stellar season, but UND CANNOT afford, IMO, to have Bochenski suffer from the captain "jinx"!!!

When was the last time we had a Captain that had, what consensus would call a "Good" season?

When was the last time we had a Captain that had, what consensus would call a "Good" season?

2001 - Panzer!

But, that was the year that he and KG started as co-captains and KG asked that the C be removed during the season.

2004 - Schneider had a very average season

2003 - R. Hale, 7 points in 41 games and not reelected for 2004

2002 - C. Mazurak - terrible senior season, IMO, despite decent point production

Schneider needs to remain Captain if for only one reason, I have a "C" on my Schneider jersey. :D

C: Schneider

A: Jonesy

A: Bucks

From what Hennessy said after the Denver game, I'd be really suprised if Brandon isn't at least an "A". Tim pretty much said that Brandon has matured more then any other player he has seen at UND.

I could live with these UND Sioux as the captains. Good solid leaders on the ice.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, or maybe there's a lot that goes on off the ice, but Schneider just didn't seem like that big of a leader on the ice this year. I, personally, don't think he deserves a C next year.

This is a not a personal attack on Andy, just something I've noticed.

I think everybody can agree that Schneider should be captain.

I think Andy should be "a" captain, but not necessarily "the" captain.

I would like to see Bochenski with the C. He has the leadership, the talent to spark the team when they need it, and we've all seen how the team responds when he takes charge. (SCSU away) Mark my words, he will be the leader on the ice next year, whether he wears an extra letter on his sweater or not.