SiouxSports.com Forum

Captains for next year..

Siouxhockey03

I would like to see Bochenski with the C. He has the leadership, the talent to spark the team when they need it, and we've all seen how the team responds when he takes charge. (SCSU away) Mark my words, he will be the leader on the ice next year, whether he wears an extra letter on his sweater or not.

I agree. I think the team needs a "leads by example" player, as Lee Goren was in 2000.

Are you asking who the captains were in those years?

If so, I believe it is as follows:

'87 - B. Joyce, M. Krampotich and I. Kidd

'97 - D. Litke, K. Hoosteen and M. Pivetz

'00 - P. Armbrust, J. Ulmer and L. Goren

Do you have your History of Sioux Hockey book or is this off the top of your head? If the latter very impressive. If the former, also impressive you have such a great resource within close reach. :D

Next year captains

C:Schneider

A:Prpich

A:Jones

prpich, lol, ur terrible he's never shown leadership skills besides fighting, he sure doesnt spark the team by scoring.

Here's how it should go:

C: Schneider-carried it already, did nothing to lose it

A: Jones-solid defensively, keeps a good head on the ice

A: Bochenski-provides a spark with scoring ability, said to be a leader in the locker room, what you want out of your assistant

• 3 weeks later...
C: Schneider-carried it already, did nothing to lose it

While he did nothing to lose it, I can't off hand think of any outstanding instances of what he did to keep it.

(This of course from someone who has no idea of his leadership role in the locker-room and practices.)