SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs

cberkas

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Or Haula. 

A friend of mine from HS is video guy for the Minnesota Wild and apparently, Haula was a cancer in the locker room (his words). He's around the team all season long. That's why he was sent packing. 

29 minutes ago, Goon said:

A friend of mine from HS is video guy for the Minnesota Wild and apparently, Haula was a cancer in the locker room (his words). He's around the team all season long. That's why he was sent packing. 

Good grief, thought he was the best of the former Gophers playing for the Wild. Guess he maybe  took on some of the typical Gopher arrogance while he was there.

Who did they get for trading away 1st rounder Tuch?

4 minutes ago, sprig said:

Good grief, thought he was the best of the former Gophers playing for the Wild. Guess he maybe  took on some of the typical Gopher arrogance while he was there.

Vegas not taking Dumba.

1 hour ago, sprig said:

Minnesota traded Tuch to Vegas for a third-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft... We're going to find out this summer, I guess. 

LAS VEGAS -- Alex Tuch first heard about it on Twitter. Then, on June 21, while watching the NHL Expansion Draft on TV, he found out it was official: He had been traded to the Vegas Golden Knights by the Minnesota Wild.

It was a somewhat stunning turn of events for the 21-year-old forward, considering defensemen Matt Dumba and Marco Scandella, and veteran center Eric Staal, were left unprotected by the Wild.

But the Golden Knights ended up taking none of them. Instead, they signed Wild free agent forward Erik Haula and were given Tuch in a trade for doing so.

1 hour ago, sprig said:

I am disappointed that the Wild didn't hold on to Alex Tuch. He had 15 goals and 37points in his first full NHL season. That's not a bad start. 

21 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

There is a reason Fletcher is on the unemployment line. And this is one example of that.

He owns the current Wild team and it's way too perimeter and soft. You can't score goals in the NHL shooting from the top of the faceoff dot. You have to be able to crash the net. The Jets exposed the Wild, like most of us thought they would. 

10 hours ago, Goon said:

Well, he's a former Gopher, so, yea...