SiouxSports.com Forum

And the winner is....

choyt3

I get a kick out of all you crybabies on here....shall i need to order a box of kleenex for you all??? Parise might have deserved it however, did he march UND to Boston? Answer...No....Congrats Junior! :sad::0??????:(:(:(

I think this is the nicest thing that Dishman has said about UND in his 10 posts.... :p He almost admitted that Parise deserved it. :(

You're slippin'...how are we supposed to take you seriously as a troll when you post like that? :p

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't, someone already pointed that out to me. :0

LEETCH WAS ROBBED! :(:sad:

Maybe Leetch and Panzer should get together with Parise and cry about it! :(

Uh, DISHMan, before you jump all over us, the good majority of us already thought Junior would win the award. There are only a few who think otherwise.

The point is that we would have liked to see Zach take home the award, but it didn't happen. Junior was very deserving of the award and he took it home and rightfully so.

Perhaps Mr. Parise's abrupt decision to leave UND the Monday after the loss to DU weighed in on the decision just a wee bit. I'm no expert, but this is a college hockey award. Why would they award it to someone who is no longer enrolled in college and is on an NHL roster? Whether or not that's supposed to weigh in on the decision and whether it actually does are two different things.

I thought Parise was a good player, maybe a little too afraid of taking a hit, but still good. Lessard is a good all around player, and he should be congratulated.

Hope Parise enjoys his year off in 2004-05.

Parise wasn't a good player, he was a fantastic player. Where do you come up with the idea that he was afraid to take a hit? He was the most mauled player in college hockey and never skipped a beat.

That being said, Junior deserved the award. Congrats to him...

Junior came in basically as an unknown and spent 4 years working to get where he is today while Parise was highly touted and expected to do amazing things. I think that is a big reason why Junior won it - he went from a season of about 12 points his freshman year to leading the nation this year. He deserved it. Parise did too, but for different reasons. Either would have been an intelligent choice and both Junior and Parise are classy guys who represent the WCHA well. Besides, if you would have told Parise at the beginning of the year that he could either go to the WJC and be MVP on the gold medal team or win the Hobey Baker, we can all pretty much agree on which he would have chosen. :sad:

Wow. Whoever had the picture of Yoda... the flame war has begun, you were right. (Nice image, by the way. :sad:)

My two cents: I would have loved to have seen Parise get the Hobey, I personally think he deserved it. No doubt that Junior was right up there, and I think what pushed it in his favor was Duluth making it farther than UND. I think Parise was a better player, and I'll stick to my guns that he deserved it. But it wasn't my decision, it was the panel's decision, and obviously we don't think the same way.

However, I'm not going to whine. I did my share of whining when Mark Hartigan didn't win it. :0

Elizabeth

Panzer got screwed. :0:sad:

I don't think Zach is too worried about the Hobey, especially when he looks at his bank account.

Lessard was a great choice IMO. I don't think Zach's chances were helped by our loss to Denver, or by his early signing with Devs. Either way, I'd bet Lessard and Zach would prefer a Title to a Hobey.

Just a question, no flaming intended. What kind of season will a UND player need to win the Hobey Baker? Just seems that voters find a way to justify giving it to a player one year and then totally voting with different credentials in mind the next. There have been many deserving candidates over the years, but only one winner from the Sioux.

I like our 7 national championship banners hanging in the Ralph, i'm sure UMD would trade a few of their Hobeys for them.

It's a bunch of crap.

Don't tell me it isn't

If you're not a Sioux Fan

Get the HE LL off this site.

We are in total Mourning

As I told a crying Gopher fan in St. Paul last month, the world is an imperfect place. I'm sure Zach's not sitting at home dwelling on this, so why should we? We know he was the all around best college hockey player in the nation. The committee members see highlights only. I'm sure they don't see the double teaming that Zach had all year.

It's pretty sad that you can't handle opinions from non-Sioux fans. It really shows close-mindedness. The best way to learn about other teams is to visit their sites, and chat with their fans. Seeing fans of other teams symbolizes a real college hockey fan. Putting up with all the BS they receive takes a lot of heart. Let's welcome everyone.

As far as the Hobey being a curse for the NHL, there are a few recipients who have done okay. Neal Broten, Brendan Morrison, Brian Gionta. Will Lessard be there, most likely, no, but I'd hardly say the award is a curse.

As far as the Hobey being a curse for the NHL, there are a few recipients who have done okay. Neal Broten, Brendan Morrison, Brian Gionta. Will Lessard be there, most likely, no, but I'd hardly say the award is a curse.

Brian Gionta didn't win the Hobey...Ryan Miller won instead of him and Panzer in 2001. Chris Drury, Paul Kariya and Jason Krog have had pretty good careers after winning the Hobey as well.

Brian Gionta didn't win the Hobey...Ryan Miller won instead of him and Panzer in 2001. Chris Drury, Paul Kariya and Jason Krog have had pretty good careers after winning the Hobey as well.

recent Hobey winner playing well in the NHL named Leopold...even scores and everything!

WPoS

What kind of season will a UND player need to win the Hobey Baker?

Based on history, I'd guess:

- a 46-70-116 scoring line (assuming it leads the nation)

- a season capturing the MacNaughton Cup, a Broadmoor Trophy, and an NCAA National Championship

- a cure for cancer and a workable Middle East peace plan probably wouldn't hurt either.

Based on history, I'd guess:

- a 46-70-116 scoring line (assuming it leads the nation)

- a season capturing the MacNaughton Cup, a Broadmoor Trophy, and an NCAA National Championship

- a cure for cancer and a workable Middle East peace plan probably wouldn't hurt either.

That is kind of what I was thinking

:D;)

I like our 7 national championship banners hanging in the Ralph, i'm sure UMD would trade a few of their Hobeys for them.

Agreed. While 4>1, (7>0)>(4>1). :D

The boys came so close and I'm really proud of them. The 12 returning seniors on the Bulldogs roster will be hungry next year. Can't wait!

Agreed. While 4>1, (7>0)>(4>1). ;)

The boys came so close and I'm really proud of them. The 12 returning seniors on the Bulldogs roster will be hungry next year. Can't wait!

You should be proud. :D The Dogs should be very good again next year. I was cheering for them against Denver, but it wasn't meant to be. The WCHA is going to be very tough again next year, especially if Minnesota and UND return most of the underclassmen. CC and Wisconsin should also be very good, and you can't count out Denver after this year.