SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I like Cam....but to be honest a TON of what went into his godly numbers had to do with our jacked up D core last year.  Wolanin was rotating in last year.....that's pretty crazy because he's very good.

I honestly think we sweep this week (if we have a full lineup).

Was really impressed with him on Saturday.  Seems to slide into Tucker's role and take the puck down low.

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

You don't save 93.5% of shots for an entire year mostly due to a jacked up d core.

You do it because you're a good goalie.

I never said he wasn't a good goalie....however a 93.5% isnt just good, it's great.  It's great because of the fact he is a good goalie and had a jacked up D core.

12 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I never said he wasn't a good goalie....however a 93.5% isnt just good, it's great.  It's great because of the fact he is a good goalie and had a jacked up D core.

My point is that he saved 93.5% of shots he faced in a year which is quite impressive no matter the dmen in front of him.

5 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

My point is that he saved 93.5% of shots he faced in a year which is quite impressive no matter the dmen in front of him.

And my point was that he achieved the 93.5%, in large part, because of those dmen.  It's not a knock on him.

9 minutes ago, franchise said:

A great D in front of you will certainly help your GAA, but save % is pretty much all on Cam.  I guess you could argue that the D can keep shots to the outside, prevent some Grade A chances, limit screens, etc

Not if all the shots are from the perimeter and he's getting great looks......your second sentence.

Guys this isn't a witch hunt against Cam nor do I think he should sit. I can think of one really bad goal all year (1st shorty against Duluth).  Other posters were throwing Cam under the bus regarding the first goal Saturday night and I was there sticking up for him (because it was a point blank shot).

My point was that the guy hasnt been tested all that much because our D last year was generational.  I can think of maybe one college team (Goofs in 2002 or 2003) that had a more loaded college D core. When your D is that loaded goalies just dont get tested often...that's a fact.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Not if all the shots are from the perimeter and he's getting great looks......your second sentence.

Guys this isn't a witch hunt against Cam nor do I think he should sit. I can think of one really bad goal all year (1st shorty against Duluth).  Other posters were throwing Cam under the bus regarding the first goal Saturday night and I was there sticking up for him (because it was a point blank shot).

My point was that the guy hasnt been tested all that much because our D last year was generational.  I can think of maybe one college team (Goofs in 2002 or 2003) that had a more loaded college D core. When your D is that loaded goalies just dont get tested often...that's a fact.

Yeah, he's for sure seeing a high quality of looks this year.  Last year's D wouldn't let the Gophers camp out in front. 

I think he's been ok.  That being said, I wouldn't mind Tomek getting a start, esp if it would keep him from leaving.

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I agree with most of what you say, I just think Cam doesn't get his due for what he provided the team last year.

I think at this point we're splitting hairs.  However, yes I do think he could use some competition and take a game off.

The issue with that is it doesn't seem like the coaches are eager to play Hrynkiw or Tomek for some reason.

6 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

The issue with that is it doesn't seem like the coaches are eager to play Hrynkiw or Tomek for some reason.

It is strange.  I can't believe that Tomek didn't play a game against Canisius or RPI.
Now throwing him in without game action against DU or SCSU wouldn't be wise.

Same with Rinks if he's really the backup over Tomek.

• Upvote 1

I'd be curious what Monty is preaching to his boys at Magness this week during practice and film. If I had to guess, DU won't take UND lightly but that said, I wonder if it's in their minds that our guys could be a tad fragile, ego wise, and really come out hard against us on Friday. To me, DU is a better all around team than Minnesota but we're playing at home so that helps negate some of that a bit.

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

I'd be curious what Monty is preaching to his boys at Magness this week during practice and film. If I had to guess, DU won't take UND lightly but that said, I wonder if it's in their minds that our guys could be a tad fragile, ego wise, and really come out hard against us on Friday. To me, DU is a better all around team than Minnesota but we're playing at home so that helps negate some of that a bit.

They won't have the high end offensive ability though.  Won't skate as well either.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

It's awful quiet around here....

...Not sure if anyone knows this, but Denver's coming in, home ice for the good guys, the Pios are #2 in the country!

Come on Friday! I feel a statement weekend is upon us! I see 3 BIG victories for UND, 1 Friday and 2 Saturday!

Go Sioux!!

I sure hope you're right.  16 hrs of driving the last 2 Fridays to see a loss and a tie has been less than ideal

• Upvote 1