SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. CC - FRIDAY Game 1

AZSIOUX

Best game of the season by far for #4.

#25 was really good.

#28 stepped up with a really good overall game.

Too much fancy garbage by the CBS line. They need to just go north to south.

#26 took a hard shot off the hand with seconds left. Basically went straight down the tunnel after horn sounded.

UND played the way a top seed should at home vs. an inferior opponent.  

With such a large disparity in SOG early you knew it was not a matter of if, but when.

Good crowd atmosphere too considering this QF series has been light on attendance in the past.  There were some residual student attendees and that added to the feel.  10,800 is impressive and I can only assume some non-regulars picked up some tickets.  Everyone wants to see this team play because they could accomplish memorable things over the next month. 

1 hour ago, GoalieMask said:

UND played the way a top seed should at home vs. an inferior opponent.  

With such a large disparity in SOG early you knew it was not a matter of if, but when.

Good crowd atmosphere too considering this QF series has been light on attendance in the past.  There were some residual student attendees and that added to the feel.  10,800 is impressive and I can only assume some non-regulars picked up some tickets.  Everyone wants to see this team play because they could accomplish memorable things over the next month. 

Yep, I brought my kids to they could watch these players while they could.....edge of their seats and had a blast!  

Watching these guys on TV is one thing but the squality of the footwork, puck handling and hustle had my mite aged sons eyes wide all night.

He was looking at he game like I remember watching in 87 with my dad. 

• Upvote 1

Did I hear it right that CC basically had one goalie for the game?  Sounds like the guy who was the backup as only seen about 5 minutes of game time and is a freshman.  The way that UND started to score on CC last night, I think if I were the coach I would have put in the backup so that you get a better mindset tonight from the starter, meaning doesn't get beat up as much as he did.  Tonight the team has to come out early and put up a goal or two and I think this is over. 

25 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Did I hear it right that CC basically had one goalie for the game?  Sounds like the guy who was the backup as only seen about 5 minutes of game time and is a freshman.  The way that UND started to score on CC last night, I think if I were the coach I would have put in the backup so that you get a better mindset tonight from the starter, meaning doesn't get beat up as much as he did.  Tonight the team has to come out early and put up a goal or two and I think this is over. 

The 3rd string goalie got lit up by St Cloud, not exactly a confidence builder to go against UND the next weekend.