SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-3) @ NAU (1-5)

SWSiouxMN

After UND came oh so close to a home sweep of the Montana schools, they will hit the road this week.  First up, a NAU team that has surprised for all the wrong reason this year.

Cannot understate these two important facts

1) Only meeting with NAU this year, so a must win for tiebreaker purposes

2) Winnable road game. Must have to stay in good shape for a top 4 seed

Other Games

UNC (2-4) @ SUU (2-4)

Idaho (3-2) @ Mont (6-0)

EWU (3-2) @ MSU (2-4)

Weber, ISU, Sac State and PSU are all off and will play travel partners on Saturday.

My expectations: To win and go for the road sweep this weekend.

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

After UND came oh so close to a home sweep of the Montana schools, they will hit the road this week.  First up, a NAU team that has surprised for all the wrong reason this year.

Cannot understate these two important facts

1) Only meeting with NAU this year, so a must win for tiebreaker purposes

2) Winnable road game. Must have to stay in good shape for a top 4 seed

Other Games

UNC (2-4) @ SUU (2-4)

Idaho (3-2) @ Mont (6-0)

EWU (3-2) @ MSU (2-4)

Weber, ISU, Sac State and PSU are all off and will play travel partners on Saturday.

My expectations: To win and go for the road sweep this weekend.

Great opportunity for a road sweep, using UND footballs slogan, DAY BY DAY

Played a couple good basketball games last weekend and I expect that trend to continue.    We need to win tomorrow night;  there are a lot tougher road games that lie ahead, so make this opportunity count.   No lapses defensively and we'll win this one by 15+     Go Fighting Hawks!   Talons Down!   Beaks Up!   :)

• Upvote 1

I think Quinton Hooker is one of the top five players in the conference,” N. AZ Coach Murphy said. “I felt it was a shame, and I am partly responsible -- as all the coaches are -- that he wasn’t all-conference last year in some capacity.” He is a very good player and he has developed really nicely,” Murphy said. “Coach (Brian) Jones has done a great job with him. He was the only freshman on that team a couple years ago that had so many seniors. Then last year as a sophomore I thought he really developed and this year he has developed into one of the best players in the league.” “They do a good job in the gaps, they will switch up their defenses, they will play a little zone,” Murphy said. “They have always been aggressive defensively and really give you different looks.”

Well, I watch UND Basketball as much as I can, but I am by no stretch a great basketball mind. Hell, there is plenty about the game I just don't understand, and haven't ever tried to learn, but I've found this to be a very entertaining half.

- Hope to see Baldwin keep hitting 3's like that. Heck hope to see everyone keep hitting 3's like this.

- Really impressed with Yanku for NAU

- Pretty entertaining play by play guy. Really unbiased, and has some pretty entertaining calls.

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Since this point, UND and NAU have played even basketball (still a 12 point lead) with 2:40 left in the half. 

Right after I typed that UND finally went on a nice run to finish the half. Q with the last second dish for McDermott for the 3.