SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (1-2) @ ISU (1-1)

SWSiouxMN

UND hopes to salvage a road split as they travel to Poky to play ISU.

UND is 5-0 all time against ISU since joining the Big Sky, and I fully expect them to make it 6-0.

I guess the cool thing about this matchup for me is I can check out former T-Wolves guard's little brother Ethan Telfair for ISU. First glance, they appear to be very guard heavy and play porous defense.

Other games

Idaho (2-0) @ EWU (0-2)

PSU (1-1) @ MSU (2-1)

SAC (0-2) @ MONT (3-0)

NAU (0-2) @ SUU (1-1)

Weber (2-0) @ UNC (1-2)

This young team is going to have games where they play down to their competition.  And play harder against the teams they need to.  I am hoping this team has it rolling come tournament time. You see stretches where they play really good, would like to see a whole game against a lesser foe. Then would like to see them put together a full game against a top opponent.  I like the overall makeup of this team.  Hopefully, they grow into a perennial contender in the Big Sky.  Plus Telfair had a great game!

Did what they needed to.  ISU isn't the tire fire they used to be but still pretty rough.  Telfair was their entire offence, 37 points and 7 dimes, impressive for the young man.

Shanks and Baldwin in the 1st half and Hooker in the 2nd half to slam the door.

Montana swing at home next week.  Lets see if they can build on this a little. 

We're not there yet but we are definitely headed in the right direction. Rebounding is now a strength, free throw shooting is mental - we are worst in the conference, even if we were just middle of the pack we would have a couple more in the win column.  Seems like we have numerous players who play with confidence just need to keep getting better with each game. Nice win - love being able to watch the games on the Internet - felt like I had a UND Sports Saturday from the comfort of my recliner.

Shanks played well offensively other than the turnovers but that was a problem for the whole team. I just can't get over Shanks rebounding though. Four boards for a 7 footer, tied for least of the starters with a 6' guard. All in all though, a road win is always a good win. If Ethan Telfair had any help we would have been in trouble.

5 hours ago, CMSioux said:

We're not there yet but we are definitely headed in the right direction. Rebounding is now a strength, free throw shooting is mental - we are worst in the conference, even if we were just middle of the pack we would have a couple more in the win column.  Seems like we have numerous players who play with confidence just need to keep getting better with each game. Nice win - love being able to watch the games on the Internet - felt like I had a UND Sports Saturday from the comfort of my recliner.

I took a peek at the stats. 

McDermott 83.3% (10/12)

Hooker 81.4% (79/97)

Crandall 68.6% (24/35)

Seales 61.1% (22/36)

Avants 60.0% (21/35)

Baldwin 58.6% (17/29)

Shanks 56.3% (18/32)

Drick 41.3% (19/46)

Team is shooting 63.6% from the line... blah!