SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 team

Longtime fan

This weekend und is playing for a potential playoff opportunity.  As many people have mentioned, it's been 8 yrs since we've had this buzz in November.  Win or lose on Saturday,  the pride factor is back. 

Thank you Bubba for being our coach!  Your passion for und and the football team are without a doubt.  You've given us the long overdue excitement back in 2 short yrs, all the while reinstalling the style of football und was known for.  Can't say enough on how fortunate we are to have you!

Thank you coaching staff for accepting Bubbas offer to und.  You've turned this football program back to being relevant!  Not an easy task for what you guys were dealt.  

Thank you senior class for staying!  Regardless of the many opportunities to exit, you didn't take the easy way out!   You stayed through losing seasons, a new coaching staff, injuries, name change (or no name)... etc.  This class will be known as the class that put und on the d1 national radar!  

Thank you juniors, sophomores and freshman.   Thank you for you're patience and hard play!   It doesn't go unnoticed. The future is bright with the talent we have returning for the coming yrs. 

Thank you to the 2015 football team for making this year fun, exciting, interesting, and keeping my optimistic radar high.  Bubba could do special things here and he's fully invested to do so.  Let's make the playoffs !!

I'll add a hearty amen to that!

This weekend und is playing for a potential playoff opportunity.  As many people have mentioned, it's been 8 yrs since we've had this buzz in November.  Win or lose on Saturday,  the pride factor is back. 

Thank you Bubba for being our coach!  Your passion for und and the football team are without a doubt.  You've given us the long overdue excitement back in 2 short yrs, all the while reinstalling the style of football und was known for.  Can't say enough on how fortunate we are to have you!

Thank you coaching staff for accepting Bubbas offer to und.  You've turned this football program back to being relevant!  Not an easy task for what you guys were dealt.  

Thank you senior class for staying!  Regardless of the many opportunities to exit, you didn't take the easy way out!   You stayed through losing seasons, a new coaching staff, injuries, name change (or no name)... etc.  This class will be known as the class that put und on the d1 national radar!  

Thank you juniors, sophomores and freshman.   Thank you for you're patience and hard play!   It doesn't go unnoticed. The future is bright with the talent we have returning for the coming yrs. 

Thank you to the 2015 football team for making this year fun, exciting, interesting, and keeping my optimistic radar high.  Bubba could do special things here and he's fully invested to do so.  Let's make the playoffs !!

Echoing your sentiment.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3886737-und-football-new-town-lineman-proud-be-leader-youth-reservation

We are truly blessed to have landed this kid. He is special. And he's also, I think, the reason for our OL domination in recent games. It seems most of Santiagos big runs are right behind the Grady Train. It's too bad his brother didn't come here as well.

Well said.

Echoing your sentiment.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3886737-und-football-new-town-lineman-proud-be-leader-youth-reservation

We are truly blessed to have landed this kid. He is special. And he's also, I think, the reason for our OL domination in recent games. It seems most of Santiagos big runs are right behind the Grady Train. It's too bad his brother didn't come here as well.

said around signing day UND got the best player in ND last year not named Johanesson and Grady might even be better than him even. The scary thing with Grady is that he is already playing at an all conference level and he hasn't even hit winter weights. Has a chance to be really special. Santiago has been a really impressive true freshman but Grady has been just as impressive to me.

side note - I also thought his brother would've looked good in green and white. The coaches in the mon-dak game said he was the best player in practice all week. Anyways I don't see him on the U Mary roster, wonder what happened there. Maybe Mary wasn't a good fit and we could get him to come walk on here to play with his brother.

• 2 weeks later...