SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Mankato - Friday

jk

No even strength practice tommorrow. I think Blais should work entirely on PK lines. No, our PK is still great, but we need to have as many PK lines as we have even strength ones. That way, when we get 15 penalties tommorrow, we won't be that tired.

After tonight's special teams work, I doubt we'll be as run and gun as we were tonight in tommorrow's game.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blais said there was a lack of discipline tonight. He said the guys went crazy on the bench and started talking to the ref.

Blais said MSM's power play got tired out -- fortunately for the Sioux. He'll take 2 points and the ugly win.

Blais doesn't sound too happy with the way the Sioux played. Calls it an ugly game. He gives Jake Brandt a lot of credit for making some big saves.

Guys who took the penalties were the guys who talked about NOT taking them.

Hennessy: You want to play on the edge, but not over the edge.

Blais: We were down the mountain.

Blais said maybe we needed a stupid game that we won to bring us together.

Hennessy and Blais agree that Smaby played a good game.

Sioux lost way too many faceoffs in the defensive zone, Blais says.

GAH! Blais backsteps about the refs. "Not that it was the refs fault." THE HELL IT WASN'T!!!!

Comon Blais! I'm sure we'd pass the collection plate at the Ralph to pay for the fines, it's so common!

And how about TH remarking about the guys around the press box not even watching the game?

GAH! Blais backsteps about the refs. "Not that it was the refs fault." THE HELL IT WASN'T!!!!

Comon Blais! I'm sure we'd pass the collection plate at the Ralph to pay for the fines, it's so common!

And how about TH remarking about the guys around the press box not even watching the game?

Contrary to most Gopher fans beliefs...Blais has class, which is why he doesn't make comments about the ref. If I remember correctly, after the Gopher sweep at REA two years ago (Shep let that one get out of control) Blais declined to talk to the media saying he didn't want to say anything he'd regret.

Imagine how much worse he would be if he was plural

Unlike Doublemint gum, we wouldn't be doubling our pleasure; more like doubling our penalties. (I think we had 15 penalties for 30 mins. tonight, so we would have spent the entire game shorthanded if an Adam-clone was working the game tonight with him).

His obvious bias is so transparent it's ridiculous. The only + was that it shifted Sioux fans' anger outside of UND & away from Kupchella for the time being.

I was at the game on Friday and it was a very messy game to say the least. The third period wasn't even fun to watch because it looked like the players were thoroughly confused out there. Neither team new how many players were on the ice, it was a free-for-all.

We did take some very stupid penalties. Greene took the delay of game penalty and punched a guy in the head right after I had just finished telling my friend that he can't control himself and doesn't think at times. As Blais said, the players need to just keep playing and keep their negative emotions to calls in check. I am sure that the penalties will be much more even tonight because we will be more disciplined and the referees will see the disparity from Friday.

This was my first time visiting Mankato's arena. It seemed very dull, probably because the home team has been the pits this year. They didn't have a very big student section. They had one idiot who yelled out "F#$@ you Parise" during the national anthem, very classy. Kind of like some people on this message board. :lol:;)

We looked like we started out very slow. Our defense wasn't playing the body very well and they skated right around us. Jake did come up with some key saves during the game. He was a little shaky at first and flopped around a little when he lost sight of the puck, but settled down after that. He looked very poised in goal and knew when to come out and challenge to break up a play.

Our passing looked okay and could have been better. Parise and Bochenski had nice passing on their two on one break (Bochenski shooting wide with lots of net to look at), as well as Murray and Parise when they scored. Brandon didn't shoot as much as I saw when I visited St. Cloud.

Keys for tonight are to start fast, play disciplined and we shouldn't have a problem. We also need to outshoot these Mavs as we usually do to our opponents. Brandt in goal again?

Side note: I am trying to collect an official WCHA puck from each team that has the WCHA emblem on the back side. I was dissapointed to see that neither Mankato's game puck nor the one for sale in the lobby had the logo on it. They stopped doing this two years ago. It must be because they are a new WCHA team and can't afford the extra money to have both sides printed. ;)

There were some players with 4 penalties last night. Is there a maximum number of penalties that a player can have in a single game which if exceeded could cause them to sit a game?

Is there a max for the team which would impact the coach?

Don't believe there are in NCAA rules, least I couldn't find any.

In USA Hockey, it's 6/player, 15/coach.

It was funny to listen to TH slamb Donny Adam and the job he did last night officiating the game. Classic.

There were some players with 4 penalties last night. Is there a maximum number of penalties that a player can have in a single game which if exceeded could cause them to sit a game?

Is there a max for the team which would impact the coach?

Mike Prpich had 4 or 5 himself. Matt Jones got a double monor for crosschecking someone. Sounds like an ugly game.