SiouxSports.com Forum

UC Davis Predictions

MoSiouxFan

Agreed - and also agree with Siouxfan 512 about style - if we see more of this one yard running in the middle of the line offense, I am afraid we will lose home crowd momentum for most of the season, barring something spectacular.  Time for coaches to pick it up.  

Totally, need to win the game, and have some explosive plays. This can't just be a win, but it needs to be exciting and entertaining. Even if the defense were to have a bad game and it was an offensive shootout, that would still be ok. We just need to win, move forward, and engage the fans.

If we want to move forward as a program we need to start kicking ass. The players on both sides of the ball need to be nasty. It has to be a need to win not a want. That's what I'm looking for from this team. Do they want to win or do they need to destroy every team they play. It's a change in mentality that will propel to the next level.

I just want to remind the posters on here that there will be half the students at the game. It just part of what happens at UND football. There is always a big drop off after the first game and it really has nothing to do with the win or loss record of the team.

This can be changed with "consistent" winning. When I was a freshman in 03, we packed them in, but student would leave at halftime. This was usually because we were up by so much, a problem that would be nice to get back to.

This can be changed with "consistent" winning. When I was a freshman in 03, we packed them in, but student would leave at halftime. This was usually because we were up by so much, a problem that would be nice to get back to.

Yup even after recently winning a championship and still winning. Students would only fill half the section and/or leave at halftime.

Didn't you just contradict yourself? More will show up if UND starts winning more regularily but no matter what will leave at halftime.

Edited by Cratter

Yup even after recently winning a championship and still winning. Students would only fill half the section and/or leave at halftime.

Didn't you just contradict yourself? More will show up if UND starts winning more regularily but no matter what will leave at halftime.

No I said student would leave because our team was so dominant at the time. There is still a big difference between winning at the FCS level, and dominating at the D2 level.

Lets be consistently competitive against MT and MT ST and E Washing, compared to destroying Crookston and Augustana. There will be a difference, but first and foremost, we need to get back to winning.

We generate less than 100 yards on the ground. Defense catches one of three interception opportunities. We win by seven.

I'll give you 1.5 out of 3. I didn't see any dropped INTs, so you don't get the half-point for that. And I'm REALLY glad you were wrong on the ground game. I couldn't handle another 25 yard output, much less 4. On to PSU!