SiouxSports.com Forum

George Gwozdecky to leave Lightning to pursue other opportunities

rhenry8439

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone heard of where he might end up yet? A quick Google search revealed no new information?

Wisconsin would be lucky to have him. I wish he'd take over the Avs, but it'll take a couple of more crap years before Roy gets the boot.

Ohh come on, he hasn't been that bad. Finished first in the central his first year and then with 90+ points in the toughest division in the NHL. Remember who he had to take over for, it wouldn't be instant.

• 3 weeks later...

I still think he's there for a year and moves to his alma matter next year.  Coaching at Valor Christian is just a convenient way to pass his time, considering it's in the Denver suburb where his family has lived since he started at DU.

I still think he's there for a year and moves to his alma matter next year.  Coaching at Valor Christian is just a convenient way to pass his time, considering it's in the Denver suburb where his family has lived since he started at DU.

Agreed.  This seems like a path leading directly to UW next season.