SiouxSports.com Forum

A Tough Day for UND Athletics

UND Fan

I'd say it's been "tough years" for UND Athletics. Good lord....I'll tell you what though, people need to stop worrying about NDSU. They are LIGHT YEARS ahead of us in every sport and to be honest, as much as this hurts to say, they are out of our league when it comes to sports. OUT OF OUR LEAGUE (literally and figuratively).

We are horrid in FB and BB They are winning titles every year in FB, and make the dance every year in BB. This year will be what? 3 of 4 years they make the dance. It's getting pathetic. It was sooooooo great we got into the BIG BAD BIG SKY THOUGH! Give me a break. Put UND into a conference they can compete in for god sakes. This is embarrassing.

I'd say it's been "tough years" for UND Athletics. Good lord....I'll tell you what though, people need to stop worrying about NDSU. They are LIGHT YEARS ahead of us in every sport and to be honest, as much as this hurts to say, they are out of our league when it comes to sports. OUT OF OUR LEAGUE (literally and figuratively).

We are horrid in FB and BB They are winning titles every year in FB, and make the dance every year in BB. This year will be what? 3 of 4 years they make the dance. It's getting pathetic. It was sooooooo great we got into the BIG BAD BIG SKY THOUGH! Give me a break. Put UND into a conference they can compete in for god sakes. This is embarrassing.

NDSU has obviously had their recent successes.  But that doesn't mean that UND can't either.  The Bison lost tons of scoring last year in basketball, projected to finish 5th and now they are dancing.  (3 of the last 7 years they have made it byt the way).  UND has shown that they can be successful in both basketball and especially football.  Tough to be patient when you see the school down the road with so much success.  But the way things are now aren't the way things are going to be forever.  Bubba has the football team heading in the right direction.  We have some great players coming up in MBB. (sure the coaching is an issue, but thats a whole different topic).  Brewster struggles at the end of the year with the WBB team, but he has shown he can produce a Championship caliber team.  UND can compete in the Big Sky. 

Actually it's 3rd time in 7 years. And light years in football and maybe basketball I agree but only men's basketball as UND has been to the dance in women's basketball where their women's basketball program is horrid. UND volleyball is on par or even better than NDSU. Their minor sports are better like baseball/softball, soccer. Hopefully with Bubba we can catch up in football in the near future and as for men's basketball...there is a thread for that one.

Stick to hockey and leave the rest to the people that give a s--t.  

• Upvote 1

Nice attitude.  Can't stand  "hockey only fans". 

Not saying anyone is or isn't a "hockey only fan," but there is a big difference between "Sioux Hockey fans," and "UND fans," much like my NDSU friends say there is a big difference between "Bison Football fans," and "NDSU Fans." IMO "Sioux Hockey Fans," & "Bison Football Fans." give both fan bases bad names. It's even worse when someone is a combined "Sioux Hockey, Bison Football fan"

I'll follow that up by saying I am a really big UND Hockey fan, but sometimes I'd rather talk with a NDSU fan of every sport than a "Sioux Hockey Fan." 

I agree with your analysis of our recent problems, but not your attitude toward them.  Throwing in the towel is not the answer.