SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

It's so easy to post things like this when you are on top...2009 wasn't long ago was it.

NDSU has had three losing seasons since 1964. I repeat 3. They followed a 2009 season when the experienced significant injuries and disciplinary issues with one of their best recruiting classes ever and a controversial playoff loss in the FCS quarterfinals against the eventual national champions. Somehow you fail to remember that NDSU had back to back 10-1 seasons in both 2006 and 2007, beat 3 FBS teams, and were the number one ranked team in the FCS for multiple weeks. 2008 they went into the year ranked #1 in the FCS and had an injury plagued year. 2009 was an anomaly in the D1 era.

Will NDSU have another down season? Yes of course. With that being said in the last 6 decades, they have responded very fast. UND on the other hand had relatively brief periods of good football followed by extremely large stretches of futility.

12 national championships vs 1 darell. Really no comparison between these two programs and their history of football excellence. Look, UND is going to be a good team again. They are a state flagship institution. It is inevitable. I just think it is unrealistic to try to say that in 5 years they will be a top program like NDSU. They are still an afterthought in this region for recruiting and really didn't show me they have talent, at this point, to be a top FCS program in 5 years.

NDSU has had three losing seasons since 1964. I repeat 3. They followed a 2009 season when the experienced significant injuries and disciplinary issues with one of their best recruiting classes ever and a controversial playoff loss in the FCS quarterfinals against the eventual national champions. Somehow you fail to remember that NDSU had back to back 10-1 seasons in both 2006 and 2007, beat 3 FBS teams, and were the number one ranked team in the FCS for multiple weeks. 2008 they went into the year ranked #1 in the FCS and had an injury plagued year. 2009 was an anomaly in the D1 era.

Will NDSU have another down season? Yes of course. With that being said in the last 6 decades, they have responded very fast. UND on the other hand had relatively brief periods of good football followed by extremely large stretches of futility.

12 national championships vs 1 darell. Really no comparison between these two programs and their history of football excellence. Look, UND is going to be a good team again. They are a state flagship institution. It is inevitable. I just think it is unrealistic to try to say that in 5 years they will be a top program like UND.

please explain your last sentence.

It was a long climb to not only de-throne NDSU but make the playoffs year after year and play 2 NC games from 2001-2003, while UND was on top of the NCC world and becoming a known name across the DII world they were also winning NC in women's bb and hockey, not bad where football isn't our #1 sport. Funny how the Fargodome didn't host one single DII playoff game while the Alerus hosted numerous ones in your last days of DII.

I'm sure that really bothers Bison fans now after beating multiple FBS teams, winning 4 consecutive FCS national championships and having a men's BB team who had made 3 NCAA tourney appearances with a win in the tourney and has multiple wins over ranked power conference teams.

I know you hear the year 2001 and a little bit of blood rushes downwords but give it a rest man.

please explain your last sentence.

I meant NDSU. Wasn't paying attention.

Maybe Roughrider nation can actually get behind UND and support the team and they become a top FCS team. I doubt it within 5 years though. What has Bubba done to prove that? Is he crushing it on the recruiting trail? Last time I checked no and it isn't even close.

UND has a lot more to worry about than NDSU. They compete every year against Montana and Montana State for conference titles. Both of those schools have significantly better fan support and better teams. Cal Poly is a team in the waiting and EWU has been great the last decade plus. Then you go against NDSU, SDSU and UNI for players in your back yard, all schools with significantly larger fan and school support and significantly better football programs.

There are far more things going against UND being a top FCS program than things going for it.

NDSU was never on top prior to 2011, in fact your fanbase was calling for Bohl's head after a 3-8 season just 6 short seasons ago. I wonder what was being said about NDSU on SDSU's, UNI's among other message boards. UND was at the bottom of the NCC when Roger Thomas took over in 1986 and it was a long climb but UND make it to the top, Bubba was there when it happened and saying they can't do it again is just ignorance and fright.

NDSU was on top... Just wasn't eligible.

It proves our football program does more with its "limited" funds, kinda like other non-football schools. Could Kansas or Duke be a football powerhouse of the funds weren't geared towards basketball? Could NDSU win more NC in other sports if they didn't gear the funds towards football? But let's ignore that fact and count rings.

Duke wouldn't win anything if they spent everything on football. Just not their thing. Same with Kansas.

Those are opinions. Not facts. PS if you look, I'm guessing you'll see Duke and Kansas throw more money at football than basketball. In fact, I'll go ahead and say they definitely do.

Blaming UND's priorities for their failure to be relevant in football is dumb.

NDSU was on top... Just wasn't eligible.

I liked how he referenced the 3-8 and calling for Bohl's head. That is the difference right there. Bubba has a losing season and UND fans praise him for his team trying hard. NDSU demands excellence from coaches. No excuses.

UND better hope Bubba wins fast because he is in the good old boy club. They will tolerate futility with him even longer than they did with Muss.

I liked how he referenced the 3-8 and calling for Bohl's head. That is the difference right there. Bubba has a losing season and UND fans praise him for his team trying hard. NDSU demands excellence from coaches. No excuses.

UND better hope Bubba wins fast because he is in the good old boy club. They will tolerate futility with him even longer than they did with Muss.

That season was bad. Really bad. But yes, he failed to address the teams before that

I meant NDSU. Wasn't paying attention.

Maybe Roughrider nation can actually get behind UND and support the team and they become a top FCS team. I doubt it within 5 years though. What has Bubba done to prove that? Is he crushing it on the recruiting trail? Last time I checked no and it isn't even close.

UND has a lot more to worry about than NDSU. They compete every year against Montana and Montana State for conference titles. Both of those schools have significantly better fan support and better teams. Cal Poly is a team in the waiting and EWU has been great the last decade plus. Then you go against NDSU, SDSU and UNI for players in your back yard, all schools with significantly larger fan and school support and significantly better football programs.

There are far more things going against UND being a top FCS program than things going for it.

Bubba has coached 1 season, got UND to almost .500 with Mussman's players and got the defense towards the top of the country...IN ONE YEAR!! Now year 2 Bubba is getting recruits signed earlier than Muss ever did, and he is restoring confidence in the players and fans that haven't been seen since 2007. This is a good start and after this season we will really see where this new era is going. I don't recall anyone saying we are going to win a NC in 5 years, but I would hope in 5 years we are towards the top if not on top of the conference plus a couple of playoff berths.

Bubba has coached 1 season, got UND to almost .500 with Mussman's players and got the defense towards the top of the country...IN ONE YEAR!! Now year 2 Bubba is getting recruits signed earlier than Muss ever did, and he is restoring confidence in the players and fans that haven't been seen since 2007. This is a good start and after this season we will really see where this new era is going. I don't recall anyone saying we are going to win a NC in 5 years, but I would hope in 5 years we are towards the top if not on top of the conference plus a couple of playoff berths.

Lol that's amazing

That season was bad. Really bad. But yes, he failed to address the teams before that

That was the year the Best Buy ring was in full action with a team loaded with thugs. Soon after many of them were kicked off, and the Fargo crime rate skyrocketed. Coincidence?

Right that is exactly what I am saying...top end in the conference with a couple of playoff births. That is far different from the term top FCS team like NDSU that was used . When you say top like NDSU, I think of teams like Montana, JMU, Delaware and App State/GSU before their move etc...teams with continued success, national championships, perennial national championship contenders and packed attendance.....that is far difference from being a top 25 FCS team making playoffs.

For the record, I don't call a defense that gave up 24 ppg and gave up over 30 points to Missouri State as one of the top in the FCS.

That was the year the Best Buy ring was in full action with a team loaded with thugs. Soon after many of them were kicked off, and the Fargo crime rate skyrocketed. Coincidence?

You are either the definition of insane or retarded. I'm going to let you decide since you got that fancy UND education with your lower than NDSU average ACT score.

Just curious but what do you think Bubbles will be able to market better? Roughrider Nation? Green Hawk Nation? No Name nation?

I would think the pride associated with those nicknames coupled with images of a half filled Areoa center should really start raking in the recruits. Christ he already has such a built in recruiting advantage with all of those prospective doctors and lawyers who want to play football. Amazes me how NDSU has even managed to win 12 national championships compared to 1 at UND with all of UND's built in advantages.

• Downvote 2

You are either the definition of insane or retarded. I'm going to let you decide since you got that fancy UND education with your lower than NDSU average ACT score.

My biting humor must of hit home.

So hilarious about ACT scores. MIT sent me an application because of my ACT score. Suppose they wanted geographical diversity, but you can't get into MIT without a math score of near genius. But to moo u grads we're all just so dumb!

Heard that I was grossly retarded at bisonville for years because I'm just too far ahead of slower people like you and bisonville posters. I can actually think seven years ahead and ponder the permutations, while you just project the present into the future without any thought to it.

My biting humor must of hit home.

So hilarious about ACT scores. MIT sent me an application because of my ACT score. Suppose they wanted geographical diversity, but you can't get into MIT without a math score of near genius. But to moo u grads we're all just so dumb!

Heard that I was grossly retarded at bisonville for years because I'm just too far ahead of slower people like you and bisonville posters. I can actually think seven years ahead and ponder the permutations, while you just project the present into the future without any thought to it.

Mhm and my friend from school got recruited to play ball for Iowa St until they saw his film. Also I would question the intelligence of anyone who passed up on an MIT education to go to UND or pretty much any state school for that matter.

Blind squirrels find nuts on occasion from time to time. So when is memorial being remodeled again?

Just curious but what do you think Bubbles will be able to market better? Roughrider Nation? Green Hawk Nation? No Name nation?

I would think the pride associated with those nicknames coupled with images of a half filled Areoa center should really start raking in the recruits. Christ he already has such a built in recruiting advantage with all of those prospective doctors and lawyers who want to play football. Amazes me how NDSU has even managed to win 12 national championships compared to 1 at UND with all of UND's built in advantages.

Can you just STFU already?  Non-stop stupid sh*t, adding nothing to any conversations.  Where are the mods?

• Upvote 4

Wow this thread has gotten so lame I had to fast forward through the last page or so.  I see we have another what seems to be new Bison troll has joined now to come spout off how great NDSU is.  Well hopefully keep all their bragging to this thread so I can just not even check this thread anymore and read the other ones.

Mhm and my friend from school got recruited to play ball for Iowa St until they saw his film. Also I would question the intelligence of anyone who passed up on an MIT education to go to UND or pretty much any state school for that matter.

Blind squirrels find nuts on occasion from time to time. So when is memorial being remodeled again?

You can't distinguish between emotional, social, spiritual, and mental IQ, can you? My family didn't have money and I didn't have the maturity, can't you tell? Having worked with MIT grads, I can say I'm thankful for my UND education, especially among such grounded people. My technical suggestions in chemical engineering have been laughed at sometimes, only to be valiated by Princeton PhDs.

This should be taken off board and to PMs anyway.

I believe Memorial stadium will have a near total rebuild with REA-type features thanks to a donor or maybe donors.

You can't distinguish between emotional, social, spiritual, and mental IQ, can you? My family didn't have money and I didn't have the maturity, can't you tell? Having worked with MIT grads, I can say I'm thankful for my UND education, especially among such grounded people. My technical suggestions in chemical engineering have been laughed at sometimes, only to be valiated by Princeton PhDs.

This should be taken off board and to PMs anyway.

I believe Memorial stadium will have a near total rebuild with REA-type features thanks to a donor or maybe donors.

So you were afraid of getting a world class education. Got it. Where are you from? Anyone that gifted must be well known

And I asked when this rebuild would happen.

You know what I think is funny, NDSU fans come here and tell us how great they are, and how bad UND is.  But....then they openly admit they did not want to play us because they were afraid the game might be close or that UND might win somehow.  I mean why be so afraid it might be a close game if you keep saying we've never beat anybody, and you guys are holier than thou.  For as good as NDSU has been in football the past five years, you guys as a fan base are the biggest group of sissies there is.  I've never seen a group so afraid to lose their perch.  And I've never seen a group of sissies as cocky as you guys either.  I would have inserted a P word instead of sissies, but didn't want to get banned. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So you were afraid of getting a world class education. Got it. Where are you from? Anyone that gifted must be well known

And I asked when this rebuild would happen.

At the world class corporate lab that I interacted with, every body raved about this chemist from ... Dickinson St. Morons like you and others from bisonville would have thrown his resume in the trash, but those PhDs from highly esteemed schools raved about a chemist from Dickinson St. I have a world class education, and so does he, but you and other bisonville posters just nonstop trash us and start believing your own BS smells lovely.

A Memorial rebuild needs to be ready by the 2019 season. Count backwards if you can.

You know what I think is funny, NDSU fans come here and tell us how great they are, and how bad UND is. But....then they openly admit they did not want to play us because they were afraid the game might be close or that UND might win somehow. I mean why be so afraid it might be a close game if you keep saying we've never beat anybody, and you guys are holier than thou. For as good as NDSU has been in football the past five years, you guys as a fan base are the biggest group of sissies there is. I've never seen a group so afraid to lose their perch. And I've never seen a group of sissies as cocky as you guys either. I would have inserted a P word instead of sissies, but didn't want to get banned.

Agree 100%!