SiouxSports.com Forum

Adrian Peterson wants trade to Cowboys

AP is not a normal human being.  Anyone who rushes for over 2,000 yards one year after shredding his knee is not your average NFL player.  He works hard in the weight room and takes care of his body, unlike Randy Moss, who could have been the greatest WR of all time but didn't want to put in the off-season work like Jerry Rice did.  He played in one game last year, which means he didn't get beat up in games and any nagging injuries have healed by now.   Any team that wants to win right now will be interested in him.  And as for a rookie draft pick having "more tread on the tires", that doesn't mean he'll give you anything close to what AP gives you, a home run threat every time he touches the ball.  With a productive QB (Bridgewater), he'll be even more dangerous.....if he comes to his senses and gets back on board the Mike Zimmer Train before it leaves the station.

how do you know he is a threat anymore? has anyone seen him play football in the last year? just because you don't take hits does not mean your body doesn't keep aging. yes, jerry rice did put in the work but he wasn't anything like he was when he was younger. same with Ray Lewis, he never should've been a starter his final few years in Baltimore because of how slow he was. No matter what kind of "hard work" you put in in the off season, father time eventually catches up with everyone

how do you know he is a treat anymore? has anyone seen him play football in the last year? just because you don't take hits does not mean your body doesn't keep aging. yes, jerry rice did put in the work but he wasn't anything like he was when he was younger. same with Ray Lewis, he never should've been a starter his final few years in Baltimore because of how slow he was. No matter what kind of "hard work" you put in in the off season, father time eventually catches up with everyone

Yes, eventually Father Time wins (I actually use that a lot).  But I am not convinced that AP is all washed up yet.  And the Ravens won a championship in Ray Lewis' final season, so I guess he wasn't all that "slow".  His leadership presence more than compensated for any "slowness".

When is that future going to come for the Vikings? It seems like they have always said that "we are building for the future".....Drafting players like Christian Ponder and Troy Williamson in the 1st round is not building for the future....

Oh, you are right, those were bad picks. But every team has bad picks now and then. The NFL draft is a crap shoot, especially at the QB position. But then, if that's true, isn't that all the more reason to keep a known commodity on the team instead of letting him go for the crap shoot of the draft? 

When is that future going to come for the Vikings? It seems like they have always said that "we are building for the future".....Drafting players like Christian Ponder and Troy Williamson in the 1st round is not building for the future....

Every team in the league has drafted first round picks that are a bust.  It is not just the Vikings.  Sure Ponder and Williamson ended up being busts.  But its not like the Vikings haven't drafted good players in the first round over the years.  Funny how Vikings haters seem to leave out these guys:

2014 - Teddy Bridgewater

2014 - Anthony Barr

2012 - Harrison Smith

2009 - Percy Harvin

2007 - Adrian Peterson

2006 - Chad Greenway

Besides Percy Harvin, all of those guys are still on the team and are all productive starters at their possession.  Harvin is gone, but he was offensive rookie of the year!  So while the Vikings, like every other team, have had busts, the Vikings have deffinitely made some great draft picks as of late.

• Upvote 1

how about cordarrelle Patterson losing his starting job to a practice squad player???

Wide receivers typically take a while to develop...usually three years. Cordarelle has great physical talent, we'll see whether he'd able to put it together this year, or not. I'm betting that he will. 

Anyway, the Vikings coming up with a great find like Charles Johnson is hardly evidence that they're not making progress.

or how about the big blunder the Vikings made by voiding out their 7th overall pick? ???

Are you talking about 2003? If so, you really don't know what you're talking about. The Vikings ended up with 6-time Pro Bowler and 5-time first team All-Pro Kevin Williams at #9, the player they wanted anyway. He turned out to be better than Byron Leftwich or Jordan Gross, the players that Jacksonville and Carolina sneaked ahead of them to draft. That "mistake" worked out fabulously well for the Vikings.

In any case, that was 12 years ago under completely different ownership. management, and coaching.

AP is not a normal human being. Anyone who rushes for over 2,000 yards one year after shredding his knee is not your average NFL player. He works hard in the weight room and takes care of his body, unlike Randy Moss, who could have been the greatest WR of all time but didn't want to put in the off-season work like Jerry Rice did. He played in one game last year, which means he didn't get beat up in games and any nagging injuries have healed by now.

I've cracked the code: you're either AP's personal trainer or his agent.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yes, eventually Father Time wins (I actually use that a lot).  But I am not convinced that AP is all washed up yet.  And the Ravens won a championship in Ray Lewis' final season, so I guess he wasn't all that "slow".  His leadership presence more than compensated for any "slowness".

Is anyone saying AP is washed up?  Just that he is regressing like ALL running backs do when they hit 27.  He ran for 2,000 yards and then followed it up with an average year (just like the stats have shown).

Linebacker is different than running back.  There are older guys who can still play into their late 30s.  AP could be one of them, but what has he done to show that his regression isn't similar to what other running backs go through?

at the end of the day the Vikings are going to do what's best for the team; if that means getting rid of the cancer of AP, so be it. As we have seen in the past, it does not matter how good you are. If you are a cancer, you will be gone.

It's up to Adrian Peterson, he will only be a cancer if he wants to be. Again, the best thing for him to do is to simply report to training camp and work hard to rehabilitate his image. The Vikings should insist that he do exactly that. 

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/12742740/greg-hardy-dallas-cowboys-suspended-10-games-nfl

10 games? ??? I really like how the NFL is hardening their stance on domestic abuse. Also, the Players Union should be ashamed of themselves for even saying they will appeal this decision....

I guess what should be the right length of a suspension on domestic violence? 

I like how they call it "conduct detrimental to the league".  Gotta protect the shield.

How about "conduct detrimental to Hardy's girlfriend"?

that is such a stupid saying; "gotta protect the shield". if they wanted to protect the shield they would oust this guy from the league.... if they want to take a hard stance on protecting the league image, kick their A$$ out of the league and move on.

• 2 weeks later...

how many times have i heard this song and dance before? when are you vikings fans going to realize that the vikings are a mess from top to bottom! there is a reason why they suck year in and year out, THEY DRAFT PLAYERS IN THE FIRST ROUND LIKE CHRISTIAN PONDER! Before anyone says "he sucks and he never should've been picked when he was", you were probably the ones who said he was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. the fact of the matter is, AP probably wont be in MN this season and there wont be a hoard of draft picks coming the vikings way. its just reality 

I strongly suspect time will prove each sentence of this to be incorrect.