SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD Dogz - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

I look at it this way. Just about four years ago, the Sioux embarrassed UMD, and three months later the Bulldogs skated away with rings taken off the fingers of Frattin and friends. It's a long season.

Huh? Taken off their fingers? Last I checked, you didn't make the title game. No one took them off you're fingers. Your squad wasn't good enough to make it to that game. You also embarrassed a UMD team missing their top 2 defenseman that night. But keep going, please

Don't forget the 9 toes Kristo guy too. You forgot that one. Snow banks are nice places to take naps up there I hear

That's right...quite a segment you had with PA on KFAN a couple years ago. He was so impressed by you he dumped your call in the middle and apologized to the listeners. I'm glad we could have this special time to reminisce. Take care.

To be honest, this game could easily have gone UND's way with the bounce of a puck or two. Remember all the chances that UND had that just barely missed. Had any of those gone in, UND carries more momentum and possibly isn't as sluggish in the 2nd/3rd. 

UND plays better tonight and gets the split. Murphy doesn't see ice time the rest of the year (unless devastated by injuries). 

Hey-oh!

The other day, after giving her bedroom walls the final coat, I asked her if she wanted to sit and watch it dry, or go watch the Bruins. Her reply was "That would be like watching the Red Wings, let's go watch the B's!"

Again, quite insightful!

Edit: Copyrigt Goon, all rights reserved.

My daughter loves the NHL. You can blame me for that. The other night she was naming off a few of the Minnesota Wild and talking about Zach Parise.

When Jonathan Toews scored against the Bruins in the SCF, I had to remind her about loyalties.

Last night after I got home, my daughter asked me who had won the game. I said, "The dirty Bulldogs." My daughter asked me, "We like the Bulldogs, right dad?" I told her, “Not tonight we don’t”. Then my wife and I went on to explain how we like the Bulldogs much better than we do the Gophers.  

I am concerned with the amount of embellishment that I have seen from certain teams in the NCHC. Last night, Jared Thomas’ dive was one of the worst dives I have seen this year. Of course D-Shep fell for it.

To be honest, this game could easily have gone UND's way with the bounce of a puck or two. Remember all the chances that UND had that just barely missed. Had any of those gone in, UND carries more momentum and possibly isn't as sluggish in the 2nd/3rd. 

UND plays better tonight and gets the split. Murphy doesn't see ice time the rest of the year (unless devastated by injuries). 

IRC, UND had no less than 4-5 grade "A" chances that UND missed or failed to capitalize on.

My daughter loves the NHL. You can blame me for that. The other night she was naming off a few of the Minnesota Wild and talking about Zach Parise.

When Jonathan Toews scored against the Bruins in the SCF, I had to remind her about loyalties.

Last night after I got home, my daughter asked me who had won the game. I said, "The dirty Bulldogs." My daughter asked me, "We like the Bulldogs, right dad?" I told her, “Not tonight we don’t”. Then my wife and I went on to explain how we like the Bulldogs much better than we do the Gophers.

I am concerned with the amount of embellishment that I have seen from certain teams in the NCHC. Last night, Jared Thomas’ dive was one of the worst dives I have seen this year. Of course D-Shep fell for it.

Ah yes, the phantom hook. I loved that The Ralph showed the replay and you could see the stick was nowhere near his body. It was a terrible dive but if that's how he plays.

Ah yes, the phantom hook. I loved that The Ralph showed the replay and you could see the stick was nowhere near his body. It was a terrible dive but if that's how he plays.

College Hockey needs to review diving like the NHL does. After so many dives and warning, players need to be suspended.

Lets stop talking about the penalties and call it for what it was.  The boys came out slow and didn't pick it up until the 3rd.  I don't think they come out playing that way tonight.  If they do, the dogz sweep us on home ice.  Zane had no chance on at least 3 of the 4 goals(not being in net for the 4th).  He was the reason they were only down 1 going into the 3rd.  This goalie is the MVP of the team and now the team needs to get his back and score some of those open net shots they had last night.