SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 10-20-14

Matt

It's not true that only a few, but very vocal, "squeaky wheels" don't want, or are not interested in, a renewal of the game. Certainly not among Bison fans.

I guess we have our different sources.  This is a UND football site, I'm surprised you are still lingering since you don't even care about playing us.  Or you are probably an arrogant prick that needs the last word.....  No one cares what you say, now scram.

It's not true that only a few, but very vocal, "squeaky wheels" don't want, or are not interested in, a renewal of the game. Certainly not among Bison fans.

Maybe Simmers can get the Stonecutters together and raise the money for the buyout.  Or take it up with your AD.  

Painfully I've read thru the last few pages of post or atleast most of them. So what I'm getting is some Bison fans don't want to play UND cause they have nothing to gain from it. Which I get, a loss to UND would suck for them great for UND. Two Questions I would like to ask.

1) All losses suck, but ones where you lose to opponents at a lower division can be devastating. Like what NDSU did to Minnesota or Sioux Falls to UND. Although this is not the case here both teams are in the same division. A loss to UND is no worse than a loss to Incarnate Word. Why play that game if that's your reasoning?

2) If your reasoning remains nothing to gain. Should all FBS teams never schedule FCS teams again? That meaning no more K State, Kansas, Minnesota, Ball State and Colorado State games. Those teams obviously have nothing to gain by playing NDSU.

Painfully I've read thru the last few pages of post or atleast most of them. So what I'm getting is some Bison fans don't want to play UND cause they have nothing to gain from it. Which I get, a loss to UND would suck for them great for UND. Two Questions I would like to ask.

1) All losses suck, but ones where you lose to opponents at a lower division can be devastating. Like what NDSU did to Minnesota or Sioux Falls to UND. Although this is not the case here both teams are in the same division. A loss to UND is no worse than a loss to Incarnate Word. Why play that game if that's your reasoning?

2) If your reasoning remains nothing to gain. Should all FBS teams never schedule FCS teams again? That meaning no more K State, Kansas, Minnesota, Ball State and Colorado State games. Those teams obviously have nothing to gain by playing NDSU.

Very good points.

You've successfully added more shots to the thing NDSU fans call logic.

Who cares who mentioned the SB? Nobody REALLY gives a rats butt about the SB. Lakes will spooge himself over any FBS conference if NDSU can be in the conversation.

So you have lakes and one of his other aliases spooging each other over the sun blah and you think all of BV is for it? LOL LOL

You have one person pounding his pud over this. Lakes

Boy what leadership you have there in Bubba. A guy who will get down on his knees and give a rival whatever they want.

Before GT ever changed the terms, or however you see it, there was a gigantic arrogant dick named Roger Thomas who ruined this rivalry. We would not even be here discussing this today had Roger Thomas kept the rivalry game alive.

Good grief...... Talk about thread drift.   Let's just give up on comparing dick length until we are actually going to play each other.  

SiouxSports.com...a place where Bison fans can enlighten University of North Dakota fans about football...and some other interests of theirs. 

1. IW does not recruit our area like UND.

2. They don't have anything to gain, which is why they are trying to quit playing these games. I do not blame them one bit.

The fact this is even debated is foolish. UND is FCS; NDSU is FCS. They are 70 miles apart for goodness sake! They have an extensive history and tradition....play the damn game!

I compare NDSU fans to very small children; they don't like something until they try it.

I give Bubba credit for just getting this thing going again. Once everyone experiences this thing next season, NDSU and UND fans alike will forget all about these arguments and want the game annually.

Trust me, it'll be that good.

The fact this is even debated is foolish. UND is FCS; NDSU is FCS. They are 70 miles apart for goodness sake! They have an extensive history and tradition....play the damn game!

I compare NDSU fans to very small children; they don't like something until they try it.

I give Bubba credit for just getting this thing going again. Once everyone experiences this thing next season, NDSU and UND fans alike will forget all about these arguments and want the game annually.

If UND beats NDSU next season they will do what they can to cancel the 2019 game. (FBS moveup?)

1. IW does not recruit our area like UND.

2. They don't have anything to gain, which is why they are trying to quit playing these games. I do not blame them one bit.

Who is trying to quit playing these games? NDSU or Incarnate Word? This would be the first time I've ever heard of a team not playing another team because they want to establish/maintain a certain recruiting area. I geuss its the old wrestler logic where two people go head to head and the winner is deemed the better of the two.

Wrong. NDSU does not want an annual game against a non conference FCS opponent. Takes away from having a bye, 6 home games, and being able to schedule either an FBS school or a top tier FCS school.

It is not good for the program at NDSU and does not follow the model we currently have in place that is enabling us to be the best FCS program.

Want the game annually? Join the MV like the rest of the Dakota schools.

What is foolish is the two state universities located 70 miles apart chose not to go D1 at the same time and did not end up in the same conference due to one university deciding to focus their time and resources towards defending a racial, hostel and abusive nickname instead of pursuing conference affiliation with other regional D1 universities.

NDSU fans get that the biggest thing at UND is playing NDSU. This game, while fun, is not more important than winning national championships for the fans of NDSU. Playing a non conference team every year impedes NDSU's ability to maximize their chances at winning national championships.

What is foolish is the two state universities located 70 miles apart chose not to go D1 at the same time and did not end up in the same conference due to one university deciding to focus their time and resources towards defending a racial, hostel and abusive nickname instead of pursuing conference affiliation with other regional D1 universities.

NDSU fans get that the biggest thing at UND is playing NDSU. This game, while fun, is not more important than winning national championships for the fans of NDSU. Playing a non conference team every year impedes NDSU's ability to maximize their chances at winning national championships.

Another myth from the delusional NDSU fan base.  The length of schedule doesn't change whether NDSU plays UND or Incarnate Word or Weber State or Stoney Brook.

Playing a non conference team every year impedes NDSU's ability to maximize their chances at winning national championships.

1993, 1999, 2013 Nat'l Champion Florida State (ACC) v. 1996, 2006, 2008 Nat'l Champion Florida (SEC) ... annually ... 

I'd argue one pushed the other to be better ... or maybe that's the issue. 

Another myth from the delusional NDSU fan base. The length of schedule doesn't change whether NDSU plays UND or Incarnate Word or Weber State or Stoney Brook.

I think he is trying to say playing and losing to UND every year will impede on their playoff hopes.

I am starting to suspect that 2011Bison Alumni might be lost.     He might need some help to get home.    Does anyone have a guess as to  whether he is of college age or younger?     I am guessing younger than college age.

I am starting to suspect that 2011Bison Alumni might be lost. He might need some help to get home. Does anyone have a guess as to whether he is of college age or younger? I am guessing younger than college age.

I think Fargo South may be calling his mom again. Truancy is a no-no.

1993, 1999, 2013 Nat'l Champion Florida State (ACC) v. 1996, 2006, 2008 Nat'l Champion Florida (SEC) ... annually ...

I'd argue one pushed the other to be better ... or maybe that's the issue.

Both Florida and FSU are usually top tier teams year in and year out in the FBS.

UND is a cellar dweller who sells half the seats in their stadium.

Your last sentence is exactly why Roger Thomas didn't play NDSU in 2004 or whenever it was. It impeded on winning a championship. His reason was a clearly written NCAA rule. The reason you don't want to play UND is because it's a non conference game. You need to be more specific here on why a non conference game stands between NDSU and another title. I just don't see the obstruction other than losing.

Another myth from the delusional NDSU fan base. The length of schedule doesn't change whether NDSU plays UND or Incarnate Word or Weber State or Stoney Brook.

Ya and those games aren't annual against the same team are they?

I know it is your wet dream to play NDSU annually rather than winning national championships. I get it.

Ya and those games aren't annual against the same team are they?

I know it is your wet dream to play NDSU annually rather than winning national championships. I get it.

So if we don't play NDSU we would win a NC but if we do play we don't win a NC. We can't do both like in DII?