SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruit list released

joelbird

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't suppose the fact that's he's what, 4'2" and 107 pounds has anything to do with the fact that the 30 mph gusts are probably lifting him off the track and throwing him all the way down to the finish line.

How big is your recruit from Miami again? Dressler looks like a heavyweight next to your Miami recruit. Didn't I ask you to stop being an idiot earlier? You just cant help yourself, can you?

UND Recruit:

Weston Dressler - 5-8 170, Wide Receiver/Running Back

compared to NDSU recruit:

BRIAN RABB, Cornerback, 5-9, 171, Ft. Lauderdale, FL

How about the stats?

Dressler: 2,100 rushing yards--40 Touchdowns

Rabb: Ran for 650 yards and eight TDs while averaging 6.1 yards per carry as a tailback...Also caught 14 passes for 121 yards

I'll take Dressler, wind and all

A 5-foot-4, 145-pound utility player, Washington was on the Times' all-county second team last season. He said he will be a running back or receiver in college.

I like that... "utility player." ;)

(That's nice-speak for "We don't know where the hell we're gonna put this kid 'cause he's too damn small to play college football.")

He's actually around 5'7" and has been listed as tall as 5'9".

Regardless... unless the guy has gained some weight along with his height, he has the potential to really get hurt. Wether he plays RB or WR, this kid will be in trouble. Certainly not the kind of player the Bison faithful had in mind with the move to D-I.

He's actually around 5'7" and has been listed as tall as 5'9".

His home town newspaper says he is 5-4, the Forum says he is 5-6, either way, 5-4 cannot be confused for 5-9. Either way, your Muggsy Bogues makes Weston Dressler look like Shaq. Talk about having the wind aid your track times, he probably wins races because they put him in the 4th Grade runt division, that poor little midget.

I don't suppose the fact that's he's what, 4'2" and 107 pounds has anything to do with the fact that the 30 mph gusts are probably lifting him off the track and throwing him all the way down to the finish line.

So I guess we can add track and field to the ever-expanding list of things you are an expert on, huh? Incidentally, the fact that he runs sub-49.5 in the 400 shows that he has some pretty serious speed for a high school kid, wind or no wind, unless it magically changes direction as he's rounding the track. Dressler is the fasted kid in North Dakota this year, by quite a bit, and he was an outstanding high school football player. Time will tell as to whether he'll be a good college player, but there's no reason to think he can't be.

Personally, I'd have loved to see Dressler in a Bison uniform - I think he is going to be something special for UND.

As for Shamen for NDSU - well he can long jump just about 24 feet (the guy who won Class A last year in ND jump 21' 9). Anyway, if he's doing that and he's only 5'4, that's freaking amazing - he must have some serious explosiveness. I figure NDSU will use him just like UND will use Dressler.

As for size being a problem for either kid, last year Cinque Chapman (for UND fans, that's one of the guys from Illinois that NDSU signed) was a 5'8, 164 lb wisp of a player. You never would have guessed it by looking at him this weekend (then again, NDSU has him listed as 5' 10 now).

Tony,

Those of us with Spring Game rosters saw that Chapman is listed at 5'8.5", 176. I believe Lamar Gordon came into NDSU at about 170-175.

Weight is easy to put on (Eat, Lift, Sleep, rinse and repeat, mileage may vary), but speed is something that's not easy to improve. One can become faster, but a kid that runs a 5.4 40 isn't going to drop to a 4.4 40 very easily.

I'm guessing Dressler and Washington will add some excitement and big play ability to their respective teams.

I went to highschool a couple years before dressler, and went back to watch him play a couple times, this kid is for real. He was a track star so he has blazing speed. Also his sophomore year a lot of people don't know that he was actually a wide receiver and an all state wide receiver at that, then was switched to running back and we all know how well that went. The kid is good at everything he does, and yes just cause he is short 5'5", he will be a great tailback at UND, i'm assumin he'll redshirt this year to put on some weight, but we'll just have to see

Lord. How embarrassing. Sorry.

What happened was I googled Brian Rabb and found a story listing Rabb with a 200 meter time of 22.8 - but it was a different kid, different state, different age. Seemed too unlikely to be just a coincidence. Guess not.

BTW, I've never found anything on the web for NDSU's Rabb running track - no confirmation of any his times or any inidication that he's run track the last two years. In fact, I'm pretty sure that he isn't running track at all this year - and if I had to guess, I'd say he didn't run track last year. I have no idea where or when those times for his bio came from. In my view, he's the biggest mystery on NDSU's 2004 signing class.

Not to belabor the point too much regarding Dressler's speed, but according to a list published in the Star Tribune today, his top 400 time is nearly a full second faster than what anybody in Minnesota has run so far this spring.

Tommy Ray 12 Minneapolis North 49.25

That was last year's state runner-up I believe.

Must be a weak year in the 400 for the state.

If you know anything about track you would understand that the times will go down as the end of the season approaches and the athletes start to taper off with there training. That is why most of the best times come at the end of the season, including Minnesota's state runner up from last year. I would bet Minnesota times will continue to improve, but so will Dresslers as the season continues.

• 1 month later...
Dressler tore up the Class A ND State Track Meet today winning the 100, 200 and 400.

Dressler was extremely impressive this weekend. The 100, 200, 400 triple is very difficult, and especially so in the Class A boys division. Not only did Dressler win all three, but he won in outstanding times and by very large margins over his nearest competitors. He set a state record in the 200, ran an outstanding 10.66 in the 100, and was just over state record time in the 400 despite not being pushed at all. His 100 time was apparently not aided by a wind over the legal limit since there were records set that day, including the 200 as mentioned.

Prior to this track season, I had thought Dressler was a kid who had excellent football speed, although not necessarily sprinter's speed since he was primarily known as an 800 meter runner last year. But now, I think it's safe to say that he has excellent speed, period. His times this year probably establish himself as one of the better sprinters ever in North Dakota high school track.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know how they get it done every year but they get great recruits. Im really surprised they picked up that Brett Rousseau kid, he had D1 potential but had a unforunenate back injury his senior year, all i know is that hes got raw talent at the tackle position. You know UND gets it done each year, will see about this one.