SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruit list released

joelbird

From the Feb. 28, 2002, Dakota Student:

I'd like to know what's so wrong about this statement. It seems like common sense to me.

If you can win at the D-IAA level with the same athletes you're currently recruiting, what's the point of moving up?

I just think some people took it to meant that ND kids weren't "good" enough to play at that level, just adding to the inferiority complex of the state.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

somebison...your ignorance amazes......how many 9 man kids have been All Americans??? do you know??? How many class A kids in ND have been All Americans??? stay on the bison board and keep patting each other on the back about how great your recruits are......all those small town kids you have on your roster now....that are all big time players from big time schools.....complete stupidity....that only other BISON fans could understand.....

I just think some people took it to meant that ND kids weren't "good" enough to play at that level, just adding to the inferiority complex of the state.

Do you expect that D-IAA NDSU will have the same proportion of North Dakota players on its roster as DII NDSU?

legend334,

I think you should be addressing Bison1234. The only thing somebison stated in this thread was the probability of HS athletes playing in the NCAA or pros, and he backed it up with a link.

UND92,96

I believe that Bohl stated that he got the top five ND recruits on the NDSU recruiting board. I believe he has been misquoted. I even think he admitted losing ND recruits that wanted to be eligible for the postseason.

UND92,96

I believe that Bohl stated that he got the top five ND recruits on the NDSU recruiting board. I believe he has been misquoted. I even think he admitted losing ND recruits that wanted to be eligible for the postseason.

I kind of figured that either he was misquoted, or else he simply misspoke. Again, no disrespect to Jangula or Belquist, but I don't think most people would have necessarily had them ranked among the top five players in ND this year. Roehl and Wurzbacher? Yes. Harrington? Maybe. I'm not a scout or a coach, but I would say the top six ND players were, in no particular order, Dressler, Roehl, Wurzbacher, Trenbeath, Harrington and Caufield.

It's not like good players can't come from small schools, i've said anything of the sort.

All i said is that players from bigger schools are BETTER.

Just think of the great small town players on our roster had went to a big program where their was more competition. They would be that much better.

somebison...your ignorance amazes......how many 9 man kids have been All Americans??? do you know??? How many class A kids in ND have been All Americans??? stay on the bison board and keep patting each other on the back about how great your recruits are......all those small town kids you have on your roster now....that are all big time players from big time schools.....complete stupidity....that only other BISON fans could understand.....

ummm what? lights a little too bright in hyslop and can't see the username on your computer screen or what :huh:

Do you expect that D-IAA NDSU will have the same proportion of North Dakota players on its roster as DII NDSU?

No. But I do think ND will be well represented. Presuming 5 ND kids will be an average class, and with a limit of 90 for I-AA rosters, that's about 28% ND kids. I really don't think our recruiting base will change, and that's backed up with this year's recruits. Hopefully, we'll just be getting better players from those same areas.

okay...we need to get an EVEN MORE anal-retentive administrator on this board the Bisonville's TONY so he will kick these NDSU *ssholes OUT OF HERE FOR GOOD!!! He booted us for pointing out the truth but we have to put up with this BS from a bunch of sorry buffalo*uckers and waste our time when we could be doing more productive things. TIME TO GO OFF TO THE I-AA RANGE...I heard portland state has a great board!!! (maybe you can even get them to come to fargo for a game in 2007!!! if you drop to your knees and.....well I've said enough)

A few thoughts on some other NCC teams' signings:

--Mankato is certainly looking for a quick fix with 13 juco transfers. Yeah, that's the way to build your program, Holley. ;)

--the new USD coach must be planning on losing or getting rid of a number of current players since they signed 36 recruits!

--Bubba looks like he has a nice class. He got one of the better running backs in Minnesota. I would expect that UND and UMD will be recruiting a lot of the same Wisconsin players over the next several years.

--I was surprised that St. Cloud didn't sign a quarterback. I wonder if they're expecting a transfer? They only have three qb's on the roster, none of whom has really played at all, and two of whom red-shirted last year. I don't believe any of the three were highly-recruited, but maybe Hedberg feels he can develop at least one of them. In any event, it will be interesting to see how their offense functions without Heckendorf at the controls.

I'm also saying they didn't "sign" 36. It's probably just a mistake. The website people don't know any difference.

It seems strange that if they didn't sign 36, why would the Argus Leader and www.usdcoyotes.com both claim that they did? Is it yet another conspiracy similar to that of UND trying to hinder NDSU's move to DI?

I'm also saying they didn't "sign" 36. It's probably just a mistake. The website people don't know any difference.

I can't believe this is worth arguing about, but yes, they did sign 36 according to this link. As tuggnutt correctly pointed out (see the link he provided), a LOI requires some sort of financial aid. Otherwise, it would unenforceable because you can't have a binding agreement without consideration. Without some financial aid, there's no consideration.