SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruit list released

joelbird

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince, do you know if there are any more yet to come or if there is any money being saved for guys to sign within the next couple of weeks?

corella,

i believe that 22 is all they will sign for now. recruited walk-ons that did not sign letters of intent have not been listed either, as well as fall camp walk-ons that will join the team. so keep that in mind. also remember that some money has to be allocated to the upper classmen that have deserved a hike in scholarship money. there still also may be some transfers coming in too. how many, if any at all, and who, i have no idea.

He must have wanted to play on a D1AA team......as opposed to a smaller division... :p

You'd think that after hearing this 15 or 20 times, it wouldn't be funny any more. But, dang, it just gets funnier every single time you say it. :huh:

Lennon was on the 6:00 sports on WDAZ and definitely sounded excited about this class. Yes, coaches are excited about their classes every year, but I think it is safe to say that he feels that the potential for this class is especially high. Among the players he singled out were Manke, Dressler, Trenbeath, Yilek and Freund, whom he compared to Kelby Klosterman in terms of athletic ability.

In terms of statistics, this class has some of the most eye-popping numbers I've seen for UND recruits. Dressler rushed for over 2000 yards and had 40 td's. Trenbeath had over 1000 yards receiving and 36 td's. Nicholas led the state of Wisconsin in receiving yards and yards per catch. Freund led the state of Wisconsin in most passing categories, including 40 td passes. Caufield had over 1000 yards receiving. Those are just some of the highlights.

It's of course impossible to predict who will pan out and who won't, but on paper I'd say Manke, Freund, Dressler, Rohde, Trenbeath, Caufield, Nicholas, Yilek, Troen and Otto look to be very good. I'm sure there will be some other guys who maybe don't come in with a huge amount of notoriety, but who turn out to be very good like Gagner and Duchscher, for example.

When asked whether there would likely be any further signees, Lennon said possibly one or two, which probably means that the door is still open for Jordan. Some of the schools that had been mentioned on allcanadagridiron.com as being interested in him were Valdosta St., Northern Michigan and Tiffin, and he wasn't listed on those respective web pages as having signed with any of those schools, either.

Lennon was on the 6:00 sports on WDAZ and definitely sounded excited about this class. Yes, coaches are excited about their classes every year, but I think it is safe to say that he feels that the potential for this class is especially high. Among the players he singled out were Manke, Dressler, Trenbeath, Yilek and Freund, whom he compared to Kelby Klosterman in terms of athletic ability.

In terms of statistics, this class has some of the most eye-popping numbers I've seen for UND recruits. Dressler rushed for over 2000 yards and had 40 td's. Trenbeath had over 1000 yards receiving and 36 td's. Nicholas led the state of Wisconsin in receiving yards and yards per catch. Freund led the state of Wisconsin in most passing categories, including 40 td passes. Caufield had over 1000 yards receiving. Those are just some of the highlights.

It's of course impossible to predict who will pan out and who won't, but on paper I'd say Manke, Freund, Dressler, Rohde, Trenbeath, Caufield, Nicholas, Yilek, Troen and Otto look to be very good. I'm sure there will be some other guys who maybe don't come in with a huge amount of notoriety, but who turn out to be very good like Gagner and Duchscher, for example.

When asked whether there would likely be any further signees, Lennon said possibly one or two, which probably means that the door is still open for Jordan. Some of the schools that had been mentioned on allcanadagridiron.com as being interested in him were Valdosta St., Northern Michigan and Tiffin, and he wasn't listed on those respective web pages as having signed with any of those schools, either.

LOL! I hate to bring up the classes and divisions once again, but these players amassed their great stats at LOWER DIVISIONS!! I wonder how they would have done at a more competitive, higher division. LOL!

LOL! I hate to bring up the classes and divisions once again, but these players amassed their great stats at LOWER DIVISIONS!! I wonder how they would have done at a more competitive, higher division. LOL!

Lower divisions than what? These are high school stats. Duh. Why do you even bother posting here when you already have a forum in which you can bash UND all you want and everyone will agree with you?

Lennon was on the 6:00 sports on WDAZ and definitely sounded excited about this class.  Yes, coaches are excited about their classes every year, but I think it is safe to say that he feels that the potential for this class is especially high.  Among the players he singled out were Manke, Dressler, Trenbeath, Yilek and Freund, whom he compared to Kelby Klosterman in terms of athletic ability.

FYI, you can view the WDAZ broadcast at wdaz.com. After you select 6:00 news and sit through the ad, jump to about 21:00 minutes into the broadcast. It runs for about 4 minutes.

In addition to those comments quoted above, the show included short clips of Trenbeath, Dressler, Hendrickson, and Manke. Lennon thought UND had a very good year of getting the guys they targeted in-state. He mentioned how Mike Yilek was a 3-year starter in Eden Prairie, which is a great program. He also mentioned how Wisconsin turned out to be the top recruiting area thanks to identifying players early and sticking with them.

None of the players are expected to start early.

I don't get it. What lower "lower divisions" did UND's signees play in that the Bison's didn't. The level at which you think has to be that of a kindergartener, you need to be banned plain and simple. All you do is poison the atmosphere with your dumb ideas and even dumber assumptions.

Thought it was funny how Lennon admitted that they lost some recruits to NDSU, but Bohl said they signed the five kids from the state of North Dakota they wanted.

I guess he forgot about Trenbeath who said he was recruited heavily by NDSU.

I believe it was also documented that they were actively recruiting Dressler, and I'm almost positive they recruited Caufield, as well. Not to take anything away from players like Belquist and Jangula, but to even suggest that they were among the top five players in ND, but that Dressler, Trenbeath and/or Caufield were not, would be ridiculous. I'm not sure whether Bohl was just misquoted, or whether he's telling an outright lie with his "we got everybody we wanted from North Dakota" statement.

We got who we wanted out of ND, the athletes with the biggest potential to suceed at D1. The other leftovers who were good in high school but don't have the potential, UND got them.

As far as comparing Dressler to Roehl, just shows how foolish you are. Roehl was FB who got the ball every now and then (wasn't even the main back in a shotgun spread offense). Bismark on the other hand handed the ball to Dressler everytime and prayed he didn't get hurt. Yeah, great comparison.

As for the rest, i was thinking of the MN recruits mainly. NDSU got 3 Big Ten caliber recruits. UND got some kids no one's ever heard of from low classes, Manke from DL (he lead that team to the prep bowl just like his 2 brothers....oh wait...they lost at home in the 1st round), some kid no one's heard from in Hopkins (which is a lowly program), and Yilik who is definately the best recruit UND got this year, easily. He would have got a full ride from the U (that's Minnesota) if they weren't obessed with recruiting 2nd rate players from Ohio.