SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

I'm expecting Ken Hitchcock to be fired. Allen should have never been playing in this series. Two years in a row St. Louis plays the wrong goalie in the first round of the playoffs Allen this year, and last year St. Louis made a dumb trade for Miller who was no way equal to Halak.

I'm expecting Ken Hitchcock to be fired. Allen should have never been playing in this series. Two years in a row St. Louis plays the wrong goalie in the first round of the playoffs Allen this year, and last year St. Louis made a dumb trade for Miller who was no way equal to Halak.

I agree that he will probably be fired or they will break their core up this offseason and try something different but definitely think they will make some sort of change or changes. Allen was very good the first 4 games of the series and switching goalies in any of those games wouldn't have made a difference. In games 5 and 6 he made some good saves but definitely gave up a few very weak goals.

I agree that he will probably be fired or they will break their core up this offseason and try something different but definitely think they will make some sort of change or changes. Allen was very good the first 4 games of the series and switching goalies in any of those games wouldn't have made a difference. In games 5 and 6 he made some good saves but definitely gave up a few very weak goals.

After the Zucker goal in game one I knew Allen was a mistake, it wasn't as bad of a mistake as last year with Miller getting the starts. I don't see any leadership in Backes, I'd rather have Steen wear the "C" over Backes.

11136652_10155473364735223_8770251059603

Still a hideous jersey. If you're gonna wear Iron Range Green and Southern Minnesota Wheat (or whatever they call the colors) only on the jerseys, can you spend a few bucks on another set of gloves to get rid of the Moorhead Brick Red?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Still a hideous jersey. If you're gonna wear Iron Range Green and Southern Minnesota Wheat (or whatever they call the colors) only on the jerseys, can you spend a few bucks on another set of gloves to get rid of the Moorhead Brick Red?

I cringe when they come out of the tunnel with those sweaters on.

Poor Oshie maybe next yr

at what point will Oshie be considered a choker?  been out of the first round once in his career and didn't even show up in this series.  outside of one shootout in the Olympics(which really didn't even matter anyways) what has he done?

at what point will Oshie be considered a choker?  been out of the first round once in his career and didn't even show up in this series.  outside of one shootout in the Olympics(which really didn't even matter anyways) what has he done?

Not a lot really. Loved him when he played for the Sioux but I think he has been a bit overrated in the pros.

That was an electric atmosphere at the X this afternoon.   My ears are still ringing.   (In fact I would recommend bringing earplugs to anyone who's going this spring.   Especially for pregame. )

Nothing wrong with St Louis that getting competent goaltending won't fix.  Hey it worked for the Wild.

I agree with the above comments about Hitchcock ... by game 90 in a season, the coach has to have that figured out.

Zach Parise is on a mission.   Every shift, every game.   If you want to teach the kids how to play the game right, have them watch Zach from warmups through end of game.  

Give Yeo credit for getting matchups he wanted all afternoon ... and getting those matchups right.   It worked well.   

Chicago looks beatable ... 

That was an electric atmosphere at the X this afternoon. My ears are still ringing. (In fact I would recommend bringing earplugs to anyone who's going this spring. Especially for pregame. )

Nothing wrong with St Louis that getting competent goaltending won't fix. Hey it worked for the Wild.

I agree with the above comments about Hitchcock ... by game 90 in a season, the coach has to have that figured out.

Zach Parise is on a mission. Every shift, every game. If you want to teach the kids how to play the game right, have them watch Zach from warmups through end of game.

Give Yeo credit for getting matchups he wanted all afternoon ... and getting those matchups right. It worked well.

Chicago looks beatable ...

Agree with everything above.....if we can make it for a game next series vs CHI ear plugs are a must...it was so loud at times yesterday I woke up still having a headache.

As for Zach.......I commented to my daughter a team is always in good hands when your best player is your hardest worker. He was both of those things yesterday.