SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

Boston was much more desperate for a win in their bid to hold on for dear life to that last wild card spot while the Pens are safely in the top three of their division. Sid didn't play today... and, oh by the way, neither did Malkin or Fleury. Call that an excuse if it makes you feel good, but facts are facts. If the Bruins didn't win under that set of circumstances it would have been quite pitiful on their part. Let's just wait and see who is still playing hockey in May. The Pens are one of a handful of teams that have a legitimate shot at hoisting the cup this year, while Boston is one of the most likely teams to make an early exit from the playoffs (that is assuming they're able to hold on to that slim lead they have over Ottawa and Florida for the last wild card). It find it hilarious beyond belief that a fan of such a medicore team can talk so much trash.

Careful Dave, history has shown that in the NHL "if you're in it, you can win it". Can't write them off yet.

Boston was much more desperate for a win in their bid to hold on for dear life to that last wild card spot while the Pens are safely in the top three of their division. Sid didn't play today... and, oh by the way, neither did Malkin or Fleury. Call that an excuse if it makes you feel good, but facts are facts. If the Bruins didn't win under that set of circumstances it would have been quite pitiful on their part. Let's just wait and see who is still playing hockey in May. The Pens are one of a handful of teams that have a legitimate shot at hoisting the cup this year, while Boston is one of the most likely teams to make an early exit from the playoffs (that is assuming they're able to hold on to that slim lead they have over Ottawa and Florida for the last wild card). It find it hilarious beyond belief that a fan of such a medicore team can talk so much trash.

I knew it had to be something... ;)

Think about if the shoe was on the other foot... what would you think if the Bruins took the ice minus Rask, Bergeron, and Lucic? And, to correct my previous statement, Malkin did play 5 shifts before leaving the game with an injury. So let's see the Bruins go without Rask and Bergeron, and only get 5 shifts out of Lucic. If they lost to the Penguins under that set of circumstances you don't think that Goon, Blackheart and yourself would mention it? Don't kid yourself. But it's okay... like I said, the Pens are in a position where they can afford to lose a game and not be in danger of seeing their playoff hopes slip away. The Bruins, not so much. They must keep winning unless Ottawa and Florida both self-destruct. It must suck to be that far down in the standings. :p

It's always something with you, Dave!

P.S.  You should take a look at the standings.  With Pitt and Boston each having 14 games left to play, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Boston end up the higher playoff seed.

• Upvote 1

It's always something with you, Dave!

P.S. You should take a look at the standings. With Pitt and Boston each having 14 games left to play, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Boston end up the higher playoff seed.

Dave immediately went into spin mode after this game and I'm not surprised at all. If Pittsburgh decides not to play a couple guys, that's their decision and they have to live with the consequences. I'm glad the Bruins got the points, plain and simple. No bragging, no whining, just points in the standings.
  • Upvote 1

Dave immediately went into spin mode after this game and I'm not surprised at all. If Pittsburgh decides not to play a couple guys, that's their decision and they have to live with the consequences. I'm glad the Bruins got the points, plain and simple. No bragging, no whining, just points in the standings.

I sometimes think that DaveK just likes to argue the extreme.The Bruins are playing better since the trade deadline. 

Think about if the shoe was on the other foot... what would you think if the Bruins took the ice minus Rask, Bergeron, and Lucic? And, to correct my previous statement, Malkin did play 5 shifts before leaving the game with an injury. So let's see the Bruins go without Rask and Bergeron, and only get 5 shifts out of Lucic. If they lost to the Penguins under that set of circumstances you don't think that Goon, Blackheart and yourself would mention it? Don't kid yourself. But it's okay... like I said, the Pens are in a position where they can afford to lose a game and not be in danger of seeing their playoff hopes slip away. The Bruins, not so much. They must keep winning unless Ottawa and Florida both self-destruct. It must suck to be that far down in the standings. :p

Words like denial and delusions of grandeur come to mind when I read this post. 

Cheap? How many fights did they instigate? Outside of Steve Downie, Pittsburgh does not play cheap. What they are paying dearly for today is their sluggish, lackluster play. One game out of 82, it happens from time to time. They're still safely nestled into playoff position. It would take a monumental collapse to drop them down into being on the bubble.

Oh Kunitz coming in from behind on a Wings player that is already in a headlock isn't cheap in your book eh Davey boy? Yep choir boys every one of them.

There is a big difference between scrappy/aggressive and cheap. Cheap is going around instigating fights, the style of play made famous by the likes of Tie Domi, Bob Probert, Marty McSorely, etc...

Wow. You are more delirious than I first thought.

Have you been smoking crack? I've looked at the standings daily since about the first of the year. Pittsburgh is safely nestled into playoff position and Boston is clearly on the bubble. If Boston were to end up with a higher seed than Pittsburgh... that would be far more surprising than if I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet. What were you thinking to make such a comment?

ATLANTIC DIV GP W L OT P ROW GF GA DIFF HOME AWAY S/O L10 STREAK 1

MONTRÉAL A 69 43 19 7 93 37 182 153 +29 22-8-5 21-11-2 6-3 5-3-2 WON 1 2

TAMPA BAY A 70 42 21 7 91 40 226 182 +44 26-7-1 16-14-6 2-5 6-3-1 LOST 1 3

DETROIT A 68 38 19 11 87 35 200 183 +17 19-7-7 19-12-4 3-9 5-5-0 WON 1   METROPOLITAN DIV GP W L OT P ROW GF GA DIFF HOME AWAY S/O L10 STREAK 1

NY RANGERS M 67 43 17 7 93 40 205 157 +48 21-7-5 22-10-2 3-5 8-1-1 WON 4 2

NY ISLANDERS M 71 43 24 4 90 36 221 199 +22 23-12-0 20-12-4 7-3 4-4-2 LOST 3 3

PITTSBURGH M 69 39 20 10 88 36 196 173 +23 21-12-3 18-8-7 3-6 6-3-1 LOST 2   WILD CARD DIV GP W L OT P ROW GF GA DIFF HOME AWAY S/O L10 STREAK 1

BOSTON A 68 36 22 10 82 33 184 173 +11 21-10-5 15-12-5 3-7 8-1-1 WON 5 2

WASHINGTON M 69 36 23 10 82 33 203 172 +31 19-11-5 17-12-5 3-4 4-6-0 LOST 2

First, you sound like you're projecting. I don't think you can say that your team is safely in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. 

It wouldn't take much for Boston to jump over the Pens. Also your favorite group of Goons has lost two games in a row. 

There is a big difference between scrappy/aggressive and cheap. Cheap is going around instigating fights, the style of play made famous by the likes of Tie Domi, Bob Probert, Marty McSorely, etc...

Wow... Or in the Pens case they start crap and then get thrown out of the game for lipping off to the ref. 

Have you been smoking crack? I've looked at the standings daily since about the first of the year. Pittsburgh is safely nestled into playoff position and Boston is clearly on the bubble. If Boston were to end up with a higher seed than Pittsburgh... that would be far more surprising than if I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet. What were you thinking to make such a comment?

I hope you're just trying to be contradictory here to stir the pot.  Aren't you the guy who gets after people when they look at things as absolutes and everything is black or white?  You do realize that as I write this, Boston is 6 points behind Pittsburgh in the standings, with 1 game in hand.  They play Washington tonight - should they win they are then 4 points behind Pittsburgh with 13 games each remaining in the season.  You're telling me that "it would be far more surprising than if you woke up tomorrow morning with your head sewn to the carpet" than Boston winning 2 more games than Pittsburgh from now to the end of the season?  Boston is 2-0-1 against Pittsburgh this season, so they'd own the tiebreaker I believe.  Classic, Davey-boy!

I hope you're just trying to be contradictory here to stir the pot.  Aren't you the guy who gets after people when they look at things as absolutes and everything is black or white?  You do realize that as I write this, Boston is 6 points behind Pittsburgh in the standings, with 1 game in hand.  They play Washington tonight - should they win they are then 4 points behind Pittsburgh with 13 games each remaining in the season.  You're telling me that "it would be far more surprising than if you woke up tomorrow morning with your head sewn to the carpet" than Boston winning 2 more games than Pittsburgh from now to the end of the season?  Boston is 2-0-1 against Pittsburgh this season, so they'd own the tiebreaker I believe.  Classic, Davey-boy!

Thanks for posting that. 

So, the Penguins have no depth?