SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

Why all the ASG hate?  We all know there won't be any defense, but nobody forces people to watch it. 

I watched both the skills competition and the game with my kids, and we enjoyed it a lot.  Sure, it wasn't hockey in its purest form, but that's not the point.  My girls ate it up!  I'd say overall it was a very positive experience for me & my girls, even though it was more of a sideshow. 

The one thing I will say is watching the skills competition on DVR is the ONLY way to do it.  Too much BS to fast-forward through to get to the actual meat of the broadcast. 

Dubnyk for the Wild is giving me a glimmer of hope for this team. He stole one last night over the Flames 1-0.

He was very good and came up with some real big saves in the 3rd. Wild actually generated some real good chances last night too but still have trouble finishing them.

He was very good and came up with some real big saves in the 3rd. Wild actually generated some real good chances last night too but still have trouble finishing them.

Poms and Zucker should of had a couple themselves. 11 shots between the 2 of them with half of those being prime scoring chances.

Definitely agree.  That could easily have been a 4-0 win, instead of 1-0, if they hit the net.  Hiller was good, but the Wild also missed some open looks.

4-0 win?  Calgary missed a bunch of opportunities as well.  Especially in the 3rd.

Sorry in advance, I have no idea where to post this. Does anyone know when the "Red Army" movie/documentary will be coming out? Or how you could see it?

ESPN's 30 for 30 episode this Sunday is "Of Miracles and Men." The preview asks the question "what if...the miracle we remember is the game they want to forget." I bet it'll be interesting.

So ESPN has won the broadcasting rights to the World Cup of Hockey.

39BLswLv_normal.png rick westhead @rwesthead · 2h 2 hours ago

Breaking - TSN has learned ESPN has won the U.S. broadcast rights for the World Cup of Hockey, beating out NBC and Fox.

Given that ESPN can barely devote any time at all to the NHL on Sportscenter, I must say, I'm a bit surprised by this.

The Arizona Coyotes are bidding on the 2018 World Junior Championships and a Frozen Four. 

bd26f181dd37bdfb61b42bbc50804cf7_normal. Kevin Allen @ByKevinAllen  ·  3h 3 hours ago

Just told the Arizona Coyotes are bidding for the 2018 WJC and are planning to bid for a future Frozen Four.

Detroit is also wanting to host the 2018 World Junior Championships and Buffalo want to host again.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/hockey/juniors/2015/02/05/world-junior-championships-2018-nhl-detroit-buffalo-pittsburgh-florida/22920031/

Get the World Junior Championships back at the Ralph and the second arena could be Scheels Arena. 

The Arizona Coyotes are bidding on the 2018 World Junior Championships and a Frozen Four.

bd26f181dd37bdfb61b42bbc50804cf7_normal. Kevin Allen @ByKevinAllen · 3h 3 hours ago

Just told the Arizona Coyotes are bidding for the 2018 WJC and are planning to bid for a future Frozen Four.

Detroit is also wanting to host the 2018 World Junior Championships and Buffalo want to host again.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/hockey/juniors/2015/02/05/world-junior-championships-2018-nhl-detroit-buffalo-pittsburgh-florida/22920031/

Get the World Junior Championships back at the Ralph and the second arena could be Scheels Arena.

I'd rather not have the tournament in Buffalo again. Canada gets it all the time it seems.

(Yes, I know Buffalo isn't technically in Canada...)

I'd rather not have the tournament in Buffalo again. Canada gets it all the time it seems.

(Yes, I know Buffalo isn't technically in Canada...)

Toronto and Montreal are getting the 2017 WJC. I think Pegula is the reason for Buffalo trying to keep all the international tournament that are hosted in the US in Buffalo.