SiouxSports.com Forum

Memorial Stadium

darell1976

Are you sure about that? Weren't those games like the last weekend of November and first weekend of December? I highly doubt that the temp. was subzero that early. I trust that there have been some years with subzero temps that early, but we all know that they are few and far between. But let's just say for the sake of discussion that your memory is correct... If they didn't have the Fargodome, would Dakotah Field not have been sold out with rabid Bison fans cheering their team on to victory in the cold? Would that not have gone down as one of those monumental moments that will live on in eternal memory? As opposed to just another bland day under the roof, exactly the same as every other day under the roof? I'm sorry but indoor football is just incredibly stale from my point of view. Never respected the 98 Vikings or 99 Rams for that very reason. What would Vince Lombardi have thought of playing football under a roof?

Weather was brutal. -17 not including wind chill. Cant imagine what the game would have been like as it was difficult tailgating in a tent we rented. As much as I do love outdoor football there is a time where it isnt fair to the teams or fans to play in stuff like that. As far as a sterile enviroment that has more to do with the fans than the venue.

It took me awhile to get used to indoor games. But whens its extremely hot or cold outside I can appreciate a climate controlled venue.

Weather was brutal. -17 not including wind chill. Cant imagine what the game would have been like as it was difficult tailgating in a tent we rented. As much as I do love outdoor football there is a time where it isnt fair to the teams or fans to play in stuff like that. As far as a sterile enviroment that has more to do with the fans than the venue.

It took me awhile to get used to indoor games. But whens its extremely hot or cold outside I can appreciate a climate controlled venue.

In the north country, no doubt. Recruits sure as Hell don't want to play in harsh outdoor conditions, risking injury and their scholarships or potential future athletic careers.

On the dates, I stand corrected. For some reason I had it in my head that the Dec. 7 date that you say they played a 2nd round game was the weekend they would usually play the semifinals. Did I-AA playoffs always go that much later than D2 or is that something that has changed in recent years?

Moving beyond the fact that I stand corrected on the dates...

I think those cold days on Dec. 7 and Dec. 14 were quite a bit colder than what we can usually expect on those dates annually. Even Dec. 20 is often in the teens or 20's. Once in a while we get a year that is colder than average but more often than not it isn't quite that bad yet that time of year. December (at least the first half of it) is significantly warmer (or should I say less cold?) than January is more often than not from all of the years that I can recall in my lifetime living in this area. But even with the temp. being what it was last year, surely North Dakota in Dec. can't be consistently any worse than Green Bay, Chicago, or Buffalo in January. I still say football was never intended to be played under a roof and the lack of any kind of variable factors (wind, rain, snow, or even glare from the sun) detracts from the integrity of the game. That is just my opinion, but I have a feeling that Vince Lombardi would agree with me if he were still alive today.

Vince also probably thinks players who take a play or a half off due to concussion protocol being followed are pansies. Give 'em a sniff of smelling salts and get 'em back on the field!

Vince also probably thinks players who take a play or a half off due to concussion protocol being followed are pansies. Give 'em a sniff of smelling salts and get 'em back on the field!

Vince was a very religious man from what I understand. Wouldn't want to put anyone in danger I imagine.

I attend UND games because it is my alma mater. I am interested in them for that reason. I attend CSU games in Fort Collins because it is the local team and I took classes at CSU to finish up my undergraduate degree. I go to Wyoming Cowboys games because it is my graduate degree alma mater.

If I am in Fargo, I visit friends and family. I have no interest in going to the Fargodome and watching some lower tier football game that has no meaning to me. I'd rather go to a high school game where a friend's kid might be playing. I might go to Greeley from time to time with friends that graduated from UNC and see a football game. My interest there is that UNC plays in the BSC, so there may be something at stake for UND.

If I am in Denver, I might take in a Pioneers game when UND isn't playing. Because it's the highest level of college competition in a sport that I enjoy, and again, the game may affect the standings of the NCHC and ranking of UND.

Did you happen to take in the NDSU v. CSU game in 2012??!?! :whistling::ohmy::huh:

Oh, and how is it that UND is your alma mater when you took classes at CSU "to finish up [your] undergraduate degree" and allegedly received a graduate degree at Wyoming?! Does one get to cherry-pick their alma mater?!

Did you happen to take in the NDSU v. CSU game in 2012??!?! :whistling::ohmy::huh:

Oh, and how is it that UND is your alma mater when you took classes at CSU "to finish up [your] undergraduate degree" and allegedly received a graduate degree at Wyoming?! Does one get to cherry-pick their alma mater?!

While living in Fort Collins, I made an agreement with UND to take coursework at CSU and transfer it to UND finishing my undergraduate degree. Later, I went to UW and completed a master's degree.

It's pretty simple.

Unless you've went full retard, like the third rate felon LakesBison.

Never go full retard.

While living in Fort Collins, I made an agreement with UND to take coursework at CSU and transfer it to UND finishing my undergraduate degree. Later, I went to UW and completed a master's degree.

It's pretty simple.

Unless you've went full retard, like the third rate felon LakesBison.

Never go full retard.

Oh, OK, I see . . . .

Full Definition of ALMA MATER

:
a school, college, or university which one has attended or from which one has graduated

Oh, OK, I see . . . .

Full Definition of ALMA MATER

:
a school, college, or university which one has attended or from which one has graduated

Personally, I don't consider it an alma mater unless one has graduated from there.

Therefore, I believe that I have two, not three. UND and UW.

And no felony convictions. If I would, they wouldn't be third rate, that's for sure! :lol:

Lawyer jokes?

Difference between a dead lawyer and a dead skunk on the road?

There are skid marks leading up to the skunk.

Lawyers swim safely in the ocean. Why? Sharks won't bite them as a professional courtesy.

Now, back on topic, the malpractice bowl used to be played at Memorial. Is it still?