SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

I didn't share Roger Thomas's D-1 philosophy. Roger is a good man. I know Roger Thomas. You are no Roger Thomas!

Agreed. Roger Thomas is a good man. He's taken a lot of unwarranted flak for failing (according to NDSU rules) to "move up" when NDSU did. I will be forever grateful to Roger for all he has done for UND.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. Roger Thomas is a good man. He's taken a lot of unwarranted flak for failing (according to NDSU rules) to "move up" when NDSU did. I will be forever grateful to Roger for all he has done for UND.

Couldn't agree more. You can disagree with someone, debate the issues, but still have respect for their point of view. Several years ago when the NCC had it's swan song banquet in Sioux Falls, Roger and I had a great talk on all the changes. He hated to see the NCC disappear in name, but he eventually realized that some changes are almost impossible to stop. Roger cared about people.

I knew Roger when he was a young, single graduate assistant at UND (along with Rob Bollinger)- full of wise cracks he had a great sense of humor and was well liked by the players and fellow coaches- grew into an offensive genuis and great coach.

I knew Roger when he was a young, single graduate assistant at UND (along with Rob Bollinger)- full of wise cracks he had a great sense of humor and was well liked by the players and fellow coaches- grew into an offensive genuis and great coach.

Another name out of the past. Rob Bollinger, another good guy, It's to bad the State of North Dakota lost he and his wife to the State of Minnesota. NDSU lost a good man in Dick Hanson. Ironically Dick Hanson and Rob Bollinger both work together at Bemidji State.

Another name out of the past. Rob Bollinger, another good guy, It's to bad the State of North Dakota lost he and his wife to the State of Minnesota. NDSU lost a good man in Dick Hanson. Ironically Dick Hanson and Rob Bollinger both work together at Bemidji State.

Speaking of Bemidji State, it appears BSU has a good working relationship with UND, both academically as well as athletically. Both are excellent institutions of higher learning.

For some reason there were many at BV that didnt care for Dick. I could never understand it.

For some reason there were many at BV that didnt care for Dick. I could never understand it.

The opinions of some people on Bisonville and Sioux Sports are just that opinions. Rob Bollinger talked to me when he was on the search committee at Bemidji State when Dick Hanson was going through the interview process for BSU President. My feelings were that for everyone they could find that was better than Dick Hanson, there would be 1000 candidates that would be worse. I believe there were three finalists at the end. Bemidji State made a great choice in hiring Dick Hanson and I hope things continue to work out for them. Dick is the kind of guy, like Rob Bollinger, that tells you what you should hear, but not necessarily what you want to hear. They both can be trusted.

If any post that I make is altered, changed, abbreviated, or adjusted in some way, I will refuse to respond to that comment or question. Unless the complete post is quoted things have a way of getting distorted or taken out of context. I am not saying you can't do it, I am saying I will not respond. It's a free country, if you choose to distort I will choose to not reply. God Bless America! :)

If any post that I make is altered, changed, abbreviated, or adjusted in some way, I will respond to that comment or question. Unless the complete post is quoted things have a way of getting distorted or taken out of context. I am not saying you can't do it, I am saying I will respond. It's a free country, if you choose to distort I will choose to reply. God Bless America! :)

I have unqualified and absolute support for Richard Hanson. He grew up in Hillsboro ND. He was recruited by both UND and NDSU. He ended up going to NDSU, He played defensive tackle for the '68 and "69 National Championship NDSU FB teams. He was drafted by the New York Giants and they attempted to make an offensive tackle out of him. He hung around for one or two years in the NFL and then came back and eventually ended up with a PHD. He was a professor and administrator at NDSU, Augustana College in Sioux Falls, and a small college in Iowa. He was the interim President at NDSU after Chapman and before Bresciani. Both Rob Bollinger, who was a former UND football coach and Sioux Booster Club President and Dick Hanson are at Bemidji State University, Rob is the head guy for their Development Foundation and Dick is President of the University. I consider both Rob and Dick my good friends and they have been for over 40 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Leaving to be Deputy Director of Athletics. The current Iowa AD is an NDSU grad but younger than GT. Somewhat surprising that is the job the lured him away, anyone have a clue how big of a step up it actually is? Guessing its a pay raise of some sort but thought it would be an AD job at a mid-level FBS school.