SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

still waiting Darell for you to admit Grand Forks is a fair weather town just like Fargo and every other freaking city in America is.

You have a great point. Grand Forks, just like most other places is full of fair weather fans. I was at the A&M Kingsville game which was the first game of our transition to D1. There was a great crowd and people were excited. Shortly thereafter we began the losing trend and attendance slowly and steadily began to drop.

How else can one explain the low attendance when we are playing better competition? Grand Forks is full of Fair weather fans...just like Fargo.

still waiting Darell for you to admit Grand Forks is a fair weather town just like Fargo and every other freaking city in America is.

Of course every city has it but my point was NDSU is not immune to it even when they point and laugh at UND football.

They love to use selective facts.

Here are some facts. 16,512 avg attendace. Doesnt seem to be that empty now does it. 9th in the FCS! http://web1.ncaa.org....dance/2009.pdf

2009 NCAA DIVISION I FCS ATTENDANCE TEAM LEADERS

Rank

School

G

Atten

dance

Average

Montana

Appalachian St.

Yale

Delaware

Old Dominion

N.C. A&T

South Carolina St.

Ga. Southern

North Dakota St.

16,515--AVG

I went back and checked previous years as well to check the Bandwagon Effect

2007---18+ this is when we were in limbo during reclassification

2008---18+

2009---16,500

2010---16,944

2011---18+

2012---18,500

2013---18,600

So do you think a 2,000 swing is really that big? Not a lot of band wagon fans in there IMO.

Those attendance figures through some leans times in there just proves how bogus the accuracy of their counting was. They never were able to count accurately at NDSU. We all remember how they counted at their old field. That was really a joke back then. Laughable.

Those attendance figures through some leans times in there just proves how bogus the accuracy of their counting was. They never were able to count accurately at NDSU. We all remember how they counted at their old field. That was really a joke back then. Laughable.

You mean the 19000 plus at Dacotah Field when NDSU was trying to justify a 19000 dome to voters was never true? Someone should have been indicted on voter fraud, not only recently, but 20 years ago.

I would have bet the house that some one was going to post that. You win the kewpie doll. LOL

If it does make you feel any better I think in 2001 they averaged 11+.

As much as Fargo, LA, Mpls and others.

That'a boy Darell, it took a few posts for you to finally admit that Grand Forks is a fair weather city but like I said every city is a fair weather city some fans in those cities just don't want to admit it.

Why do you call them lean years? You provide some factual information and then I will agree with you. As I said previously. I reconnected with NDSU 8-9 years ago and have been a season ticket holder since then. The scenarios that some were saying about half full stadiums is incorrect as I was there and the figures provided bears that out.

Still more proof that FU fans have moved on.

Many have moved on. Many havent. As for myself I will always consider you guys our rival and that will never change. Even though we dont play in FB our two schools fans bases will continually measure itself against the other. I saw it at Iowa VS Iowa State when they didnt play. No different here.

Many have moved on. Many havent. As for myself I will always consider you guys our rival and that will never change. Even though we dont play in FB our two schools fans bases will continually measure itself against the other. I saw it at Iowa VS Iowa State when they didnt play. No different here.

Spoken like a true Bison fan. We laugh when some Bison fans would claim UNI or SDSU is their rival, that's like us saying Montana State or Montana is our rival. It will always be UND/NDSU.

Okay I'll give you that - sure would be more fun if every thread didn't have to turn into a pissing match. This is a UND fan site, just like other "rivals" there are gonna be posts poking at our rivals - every poke doesn't need a bison fan to come over here and set the record straight - it's just a discussion among UND fans and a little fun at the expense of rivals.

Like I said.... That's cute. Just remember.... We are laughing at you.... Not with you.

You realize when moo U falters, even likely this season, you are setting yourself up for a ton of criticism, right? NDSU won because of Bohl and their one tremendous class of players that now graduated; with both gone, don't expect invincibility any longer. UNI, SIU, and SDSU could all three be better than NDSU in 2014.

You have a great point. Grand Forks, just like most other places is full of fair weather fans. I was at the A&M Kingsville game which was the first game of our transition to D1. There was a great crowd and people were excited. Shortly thereafter we began the losing trend and attendance slowly and steadily began to drop.

How else can one explain the low attendance when we are playing better competition? Grand Forks is full of Fair weather fans...just like Fargo.

Couldn't agree more. If UND hosted a home playoff game, or if they started beating top 25 FCS teams along with a FBS, people would take notice and attendance would surely rise. However, like I've said previously, NDSU needs to falter some too in order for UND to have a significant rise in attendance. A lot of neutral fans up north bypass grand forks and go straight to fargo - that's why NDSU needs to fall a bit along with UND increasing production.

Couldn't agree more. If UND hosted a home playoff game, or if they started beating top 25 FCS teams along with a FBS, people would take notice and attendance would surely rise. However, like I've said previously, NDSU needs to falter some too in order for UND to have a significant rise in attendance. A lot of neutral fans up north bypass grand forks and go straight to fargo - that's why NDSU needs to fall a bit along with UND increasing production.

No way to measure this but what percentage of fans attending FU football games would you guess are neutal, ie; have no affiliation with the university - not an alumn, kids didn't go, etc. I'm thinking that percentage isn't that high (however those would be the first to fall off the wagon also).

You realize when moo U falters, even likely this season, you are setting yourself up for a ton of criticism, right? NDSU won because of Bohl and their one tremendous class of players that now graduated; with both gone, don't expect invincibility any longer. UNI, SIU, and SDSU could all three be better than NDSU in 2014.

Some of those players graduated. NDSU has won with several different coaches. And if you think I have a mindset that NDSU will win titles every year you are wrong.

I'll personally just be happy if the boys make the playoffs this year. As long as NDSU has a reasonably good team... Attendance should not be a major problem.

Some of those players graduated. NDSU has won with several different coaches. And if you think I have a mindset that NDSU will win titles every year you are wrong.

I'll personally just be happy if the boys make the playoffs this year. As long as NDSU has a reasonably good team... Attendance should not be a major problem.

NDSU only won DI championships with one coach and one starting QB, among other players of significance (B. Turner, M. Williams, etc.). What I'm saying is that I expect NDSU to really fall off this year and lose around 3 games or so. Now, if they win the MVFC again, count me in as being one of the first to admit NDSU has a tremendously resilient program; however, I don't think they are any different than the 05-07 Appalachian State teams. That is, they'll fall off and struggle winning playoff games without Bohl.

NDSU only won DI championships with one coach and one starting QB, among other players of significance (B. Turner, M. Williams, etc.). What I'm saying is that I expect NDSU to really fall off this year and lose around 3 games or so. Now, if they win the MVFC again, count me in as being one of the first to admit NDSU has a tremendously resilient program; however, I don't think they are any different than the 05-07 Appalachian State teams. That is, they'll fall off and struggle winning playoff games without Bohl.

Who else were we supposed to win with? Only been division 1 eligible for... 5 seasons so far? NDSU has traditionally done well with a lot of coaches. I expect the herd to continue being a top tier team... Like Montana... But without a history of losing the big one.