SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Ok.... Uhhh no. Do you think anyone in grand forks said "you know... I would go... But our team is D2."

Comparing DI playoffs vs DII playoffs are not the same. Winona vs a DI team?? Plus number 1 sport vs number 2 sport. Maybe it would be comparable if UND had a 16 year home playoff drought then finally hosting a playoff game in the highest division in football vs another DII playoff game.

Who cares if it was the old ralph or the new ralph, when UND was not good their attendance suffered. It's true there getting 11,000 people in the seats at the new ralph but the team has been good to very good since the new ralph opened. My question is where were these great fans in the early 90's when the team was bad. Like I said every city has there fair weather and bandwagon fans including Fargo and Grand Forks

NDSU hasn't seen tickets this hot ever. Surely not when the dome opened (1993) so it only took 17 years or so to do what the new REA has seen since 2001. I am just comparing number 1 sports. When the football team gets up and running we will have games over 10k all the time, just look at the excitement in 2008 over 10k against Texas A&M-Kingsville and St Cloud St then Muss drove the team to the ground.

NDSU hasn't seen tickets this hot ever. Surely not when the dome opened (1993) so it only took 17 years or so to do what the new REA has seen since 2001. I am just comparing number 1 sports. When the football team gets up and running we will have games over 10k all the time, just look at the excitement in 2008 over 10k against Texas A&M-Kingsville and St Cloud St then Muss drove the team to the ground.

As for number 1 sports goes UND hockey was the number 1 sport in the early 90's but because they were bad they were only playing to a half full arena. You never answered my question as to where were these great UND fans when the team was bad? I admit NDSU fans are fair weather and they do jump on the bandwagon but UND fans are no different, just look at what their attendance was in hockey when they were bad and now in football. Like you said when the team gets up and running their will be over 10k fans at the games but where are they now? Like I said I admit NDSU fans are fair weather but I have not heard you say the same thing about UND fans.

That's your opinion but Bison FB is hot and popular within the state.

I can tell you right now, that former UND forward Jonathan Toews and Zach Parise are going to have more eyes on them than a Bison Football practice.

Lol 10K at a football game. That's cute.

Our football attendance sucks. We have nothing to say on the matter. Maybe in two years we can measure attendance dicks legitimately.... I can only hope.

Winning affects attendance, Bison fans think they are immune to this, but if they had subpar teams for 6 years straight their attendance would suffer too, and proof of that was their 3-8 season and the beginning to their 2010 season.

Like I said.... That's cute. Just remember.... We are laughing at you.... Not with you.

If that's what you need to make you feel better to right ahead and laugh.

With that said, what is the annual attendance figure of the number 2 sport at ndsu?

• Upvote 2

And we laugh that you need to come to this board and write !@#$ we don't care about.

I don't need to. I get bored at work. Plus it's always fun to ruffle some feathers and talk some smack with people

I don't need to. I get bored at work. Plus it's always fun to ruffle some feathers and talk some smack with people

Ruffle feathers and smack talk is one thing but being a total dick on your rival's board make you look really bad. You don't see me signing up for BV to defend UND and "ruffle feathers".

Ruffle feathers and smack talk is one thing but being a total dick on your rival's board make you look really bad. You don't see me signing up for BV to defend UND and "ruffle feathers".

That's your prerogative.

If that's what you need to make you feel better to right ahead and laugh.

With that said, what is the annual attendance figure of the number 2 sport at ndsu?

Women's basketball and volleyball are the number 2 sports at NDSU. I could be wrong but they probably averaged less than a 100 at a game (at least that would be the actual figure for butts in the seats) at those 2 sports. They might of reported more though. We know how they count at NDSU. Lynn Dorn might of been the only person in attendance at a lot of the women's contests.

Women's basketball and volleyball are the number 2 sports at NDSU. I could be wrong but they probably averaged less than a 100 at a game (at least that would be the actual figure for butts in the seats) at those 2 sports. They might of reported more though. We know how they count at NDSU. Lynn Dorn might of been the only person in attendance at a lot of the women's contests.

10 home games averaged 750. Next year with you guys coming down it will go up and yours will go down. WBB was bad this year.

10 home games averaged 750. Next year with you guys coming down it will go up and yours will go down. WBB was bad this year.

UND will go down? Big Sky Conference champs and a nice dance trip will increase attendance especially with success and that is key.