SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

It's been posted here by UND fans that there were about 2,500 butts in the seats not the stated attendance of 5,900.

You got a short memory my friend. NDSU put out some "interesting" attendance numbers in the past 5-6 years, before the NC runs.

You got a short memory my friend. NDSU put out some "interesting" attendance numbers in the past 5-6 years, before the NC runs.

You mean their half empty dome when they went 3-8. I can't recall the last time the Ralph was half empty. (Comparing #1 sports)

• Upvote 1

One in significantly larger... Just saying

I have yet to see UND with roughly 5600 attendance for a game in the REA but I have seen the Fargodome with half their attendance as soon as 2010. Boy has the bandwagon grown.

In 2010 their were a couple of home bison games when their were only a couple thousand fans left in the end of the 3rd quarter. I think their was an Augustana game when it was practically empty in the 4th quarter. Just win baby. The same goes in Fargo.

In 2010 their were a couple of home bison games when their were only a couple thousand fans left in the end of the 3rd quarter. I think their was an Augustana game when it was practically empty in the 4th quarter. Just win baby. The same goes in Fargo.

Since every year they can't go undefeated and to the playoffs it will be interesting how long the lines will be to get a ticket. Winning = attendance

I hate to split hairs but I'm guessing you guys are thinking of the 3-8 year. That was 2009. But you're right. Pretty quiet Fargodome for some games that year.

Ive had season tickets for the last 8-9 years and I just cant recall the scenario you are descibing and I stay to the final whistle. Augustana? I know they havent played them in a very long time.

Fair weather fans, reminds me of how ridiculous the Vikings bandwagon got back in 1998. I swear the number of people who follow Bison football in Fargo right now is about 10 times what it was as recently as 5 years ago. How many of these so-called Bison fans can say they remember Jeff Bentrim? I wonder how many of those people will still be on the bandwagon when the team comes back down to earth?

Only time will tell. But its not something I am going to worry about. If it happens it happens.

I hate to split hairs but I'm guessing you guys are thinking of the 3-8 year. That was 2009. But you're right. Pretty quiet Fargodome for some games that year.

You guys had games in 2010 coming off of your 3-8 season that was pretty empty not to mention the less than stellar turnout at the first playoff game in the Fargodome.

You mean their half empty dome when they went 3-8. I can't recall the last time the Ralph was half empty. (Comparing #1 sports)

I don't know how old you are Darell but you must not have been at the old ralph in the early 90's when the arena (6000 seats) was not even half full for games, heck even the Gopher games was only 3/4 full. All cities have fair weather / bandwagon fans, (Fargo, Grand Forks, Minneapolis, Denver, Chicago, etc). When the teams do well the fans are there but when the team starts to lose the fans stay away. If UND football starts to win the fair weather fans will be back and the bandwagon will grow just like it did in Fargo.

• Upvote 2

You guys had games in 2010 coming off of your 3-8 season that was pretty empty not to mention the less than stellar turnout at the first playoff game in the Fargodome.

You are so full of BS darell it isn't funny. Was our playoff game as bad as yours playing Winona? Here's a good test - this year final 4 hockey you had maybe 1,500 there (some posts here indicated that) what did we have at Texas? over 17,000. So Darell don't even try to compare attendance, especially someone who hardly ever attends.

I don't know how old you are Darell but you must not have been at the old ralph in the early 90's when the arena (6000 seats) was not even half full for games, heck even the Gopher games was only 3/4 full. All cities have fair weather / bandwagon fans, (Fargo, Grand Forks, Minneapolis, Denver, Chicago, etc). When the teams do well the fans are there but when the team starts to lose the fans stay away. If UND football starts to win the fair weather fans will be back and the bandwagon will grow just like it did in Fargo.

I was referring to the new Ralph.

You are so full of BS darell it isn't funny. Was our playoff game as bad as yours playing Winona? Here's a good test - this year final 4 hockey you had maybe 1,500 there (some posts here indicated that) what did we have at Texas? over 17,000. So Darell don't even try to compare attendance, especially someone who hardly ever attends.

Your playoff game (the first ever in the dome) was horrible for attendance while at the same time UND was sold out against Notre Dame. DI playoffs vs DII playoffs is different, also I didn't know at Frisco 4 teams play for a chance at a NC, and have 4 schools splitting up the tickets...when did that change?

The whole point began with lying about attendance, which everyone does. They include season tix in every gate, even the mighty Bison.

They know how to hurt butts. Experts in butt hurt over there.

Outside of Fargo, no one cared about a meaningless practice. Especially, when the game cut into a meaningful second round SCP game with two former UND Alumni playing in the game. Then, to rub salt into the wound, they have to have a post-game show as well. I mean seriously... That's not butt-hurt, that stupidity.

• Upvote 2

Outside of Fargo, no one cared about a meaningless practice. Especially, when the game cut into a meaningful second round SCP game with two former UND Alumni playing in the game. Then, to rub salt into the wound, they have to have a post-game show as well. I mean seriously... That's not butt-hurt, that stupidity.

That's your opinion but Bison FB is hot and popular within the state.

We can't throw stones on this topic. What was the attendance for the first ever playoff game in the Alerus?

I was referring to the new Ralph.

Who cares if it was the old ralph or the new ralph, when UND was not good their attendance suffered. It's true there getting 11,000 people in the seats at the new ralph but the team has been good to very good since the new ralph opened. My question is where were these great fans in the early 90's when the team was bad. Like I said every city has there fair weather and bandwagon fans including Fargo and Grand Forks

Those games all were pretty good considering coming off a 3-8 season. That playoff game was awesome. Number of people there.... Yeah not great.