SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

There is an offer on the table . Take it. Then you can try and prove all of the rhetoric you guys have been spouting.

You have no one to blame for not playing the game but yourself if you dont take the deal. It is about the game correct?

You have no one to blame for not playing the game but yourself if you dont take the deal. It is about the game correct?

Brian Faison wants a home/home, and I agree. If GT feels UND is just "another game" and won't schedule a home/home, then UND shouldn't schedule the game. We'll just have to meet in the playoffs and prove to Ag School nation that NDSU vs. UND is not just "another game".

Really? You actually believe that considering the state of UND football? ???? ???? ???? ???? Not to mention where NDSU is at this juncture. Wow.

I believe NDSU has a much better team right now, so then why not schedule the home/home and prove it? Apparently Gene Taylor believes his NDSU team will be better than UND in 2015, but not 2017? He must recognize the improvement trend that UND has already exemplified under Bubba Schweighert.

The point I made earlier was that NDSU should be willing to prove, ON THE FIELD, that they are better than UND. Instead, its all done through speculation. Now, the consensus may be that the 2013 NDSU team was far better than the 2013 UND team, but 2014 is a different season my friend. No Craig Bohl and add in Bubba Schweigert.

Brian Faison wants a home/home, and I agree. If GT feels UND is just "another game" and won't schedule a home/home, then UND shouldn't schedule the game. We'll just have to meet in the playoffs and prove to Ag School nation that NDSU vs. UND is not just "another game".

You saying things that GT has never said.(nice spin) Take the one game to get the ball rolling. BF tried to dictate the terms before. How did that work out.

I guess you really dont want to play the game for the games sake with what you are saying.

I believe NDSU has a much better team right now, so then why not schedule the home/home and prove it? Apparently Gene Taylor believes his NDSU team will be better than UND in 2015, but not 2017? He must recognize the improvement trend that UND has already exemplified under Bubba Schweighert.

Oh my. You keep getting better.

You saying things that GT has never said.(nice spin) Take the one game to get the ball rolling. BF tried to dictate the terms before. How did that work out.

I guess you really dont want to play the game for the games sake with what you are saying.

You're producing a spin yourself with your narrow perspective on this argument. There is no reason UND should have to accept a single game in Fargo in order to "get the ball rolling". If Gene Taylor can schedule a home and home with Weber State, then certainly he should be able to do so with UND. In fact, the ball should "get rolling" with a mutual agreement and a home/home. Agreeing to just a single game in Fargo is what Ag School nation wants, because it makes GT and NDSU look so almighty and powerful. Give it a couple years with no Bohl and substantially better leadership at UND, and then GT's leverage will be much diminished.

• Upvote 1

Your producing a spin yourself with your narrow perspective on this argument. There is no reason UND should have to accept a single game in Fargo in order to "get the ball rolling". If Gene Taylor can schedule a home and home with Weber State, then certainly he should be able to do so with UND. In fact, the ball should "get rolling" with a mutual agreement and a home/home. Agreeing to just a single game in Fargo is what Ag School nation wants, because it makes GT and NDSU look so almighty and powerful. Give it a couple years with no Bohl and substantially better leadership at UND, and then GT's leverage will be much diminished.

The Weber game was a return game we owed them for coming to Fargo when we needed a game. So that arguement is a non starter.

Why do you keep bringing up hypothetical scenarios? They do nothing for the point at hand.

Sacrificing 1 home game in 4 years to renew a rivalry that the overwhelming majority of fans of both schools want is something that UND is willing to do. And NDSU is not. We can argue till the cows come home to who ended the rivalry. But there is no doubt right now who is preventing this rivalry from renewing. And that is NDSU and Gene Taylor.

The Weber game was a return game we owed them for coming to Fargo when we needed a game. So that arguement is a non starter.

Why do you keep bringing up hypothetical scenarios? They do nothing for the point at hand.

That may be, but the fact still remains that Gene Taylor has continued to alter the terms of an agreement that seemed pretty straightforward. Schedule two games: one in Fargo, one in Grand Forks. NDSU can have the first game since they're so accomplished and spectacular. As the emails reveal, Gene Taylor doesn't want that, and all the NDSU faithful blindly rally behind Taylor. Eventually, this game will be played, likely in the playoffs. Hypothetical scenarios are a way to illustrate how that just might happen, and how it would've been in the best interest of NDSU to schedule the '15 and '17 games as they were originally proposed.

Are you talking about the home and home series with Weber State from 2004 and 2005, or are you talking about the home and home with Weber State that is now scheduled for 2014 and 2015? There is no "return game" owed to Weber State.

Sat. 11/6/2004 Weber State Ogden, Utah Sat. 9/17/2005 Weber State Fargo, N.D.

North Dakota State has signed a two-year contract with Weber State from the Big Sky Conference and will play a 12-game regular season football schedule for the first time in 2014, NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor announced Tuesday, Feb. 18.

North Dakota State, under new head coach Chris Klieman, will play six road and six home games. NDSU opens Aug. 30 at Iowa State of the Big 12 Conference and goes to Weber State on Sept. 6. The two-game contract calls for Weber State to play in Fargo on Sept. 12, 2015.

And continually repeating that UND should take whatever deal Taylor offers just to get a game isn't going to make it happen, especially when it is obvious to almost everyone that Taylor will continue to change the negotiations rather than actually book a game with UND. Does repeating nonsense over and over again actually work for you, ever?

There are exactly 3 ways that a football game will happen between UND and NDSU. First would be a playoff game. Second would be if the North Dakota Legislature forces them to play. And third will be when Gene Taylor leaves NDSU.

Are you talking about the home and home series with Weber State from 2004 and 2005, or are you talking about the home and home with Weber State that is now scheduled for 2014 and 2015? There is no "return game" owed to Weber State.

And continually repeating that UND should take whatever deal Taylor offers just to get a game isn't going to make it happen, especially when it is obvious to almost everyone that Taylor will continue to change the negotiations rather than actually book a game with UND. Does repeating nonsense over and over again actually work for you, ever?

There are exactly 3 ways that a football game will happen between UND and NDSU. First would be a playoff game. Second would be if the North Dakota Legislature forces them to play. And third will be when Gene Taylor leaves NDSU.

The nonsense you speak of are you referring to just me or all the other nonsense that is posted here?

You cant keep using the excuse that GT will change the agreement to not take the deal. Much has been discussed over the years between GT and BF and nobody really knows what has transpired over the last 4 years in those conversations.

Take the current deal. If GT changes the deal I will be with you in denouncing it as BS.

The nonsense you speak of are you referring to just me or all the other nonsense that is posted here?

You cant keep using the excuse that GT will change the agreement to not take the deal. Much has been discussed over the years between GT and BF and nobody really knows what has transpired over the last 4 years in those conversations.

Take the current deal. If GT changes the deal I will be with you in denouncing it as BS.

There is no current deal. A deal implies that both sides have reached an agreement. Taylor has made an offer that does not meet current market standards for any FCS program. Name one FCS program that would accept a guarantee game with another FCS program for $125,000. Name any rivalry where one school would accept these terms from the other. He has made a low-ball offer to try and give the appearance of negotiating, even though he stopped actually negotiating several years ago. He has changed the terms of his offers on multiple occasions, including backing out of dates when they were agreed to by both sides. The emails have proven this behavior whether you want to accept it or not. His behavior on this issue has shown that he will not actually schedule a football game between the 2 schools. There are absolutely no signs of good faith negotiations coming from Taylor on this issue. And you continuing to repeat that UND should just take this deal is definitely nonsense, although there is plenty of other nonsense that has been part of this thread.
  • Upvote 1

Great point that the 125k (lowered offer) is well below market value. Also wouldn't there be higher advertising dollars to be made by kvly and ndsu in a game vs und than that of a game like weber state?

It's easy to see why the football rivalry has not renewed. It's too bad Taylor holds such a grudge.

The first batch of emails reported on last week were obtained from an open records law. The Herald didn't request another one since then. These were forwarded to the Herald by Faison to try to strike while he thinks the pressure is on Taylor. It will backfire on him.

Wrong. This whole round of UND-NDSU talk is all open records requests.

But I'm sure you and your bison cronies will ignore the facts yet again.

Wrong. This whole round of UND-NDSU talk is all open records requests.

But I'm sure you and your bison cronies will ignore the facts yet again.

Phone calls aren't. I doubt Gene will be emailing Faison anymore, might just as well email Schlossman.

At the sake of repeating myself...this whole scenario, as it has been reported by multiple sources, is just an ongoing example of GT's lack of intergrity and character. To argue anything else is ignorant.

At the sake of repeating myself...this whole scenario, as it has been reported by multiple sources, is just an ongoing example of GT's lack of intergrity and character. To argue anything else is ignorant.

i don't really care if we play but this^^^^^^^ is driving me nuts.

Take the deal that is offered. If GT really doesnt want to play the game he will back out then you have every right to bitch. Take the deal to get the ball rolling. If the GAME is really what its all about.

You keep ignoring the fact that in April 2011, GT offered a home/home. Faison immediately responded that would work for UND. Faison "took the deal that was offered". Its all public record, I can't fathom how you continue to keep denying it. GT rescinded it and continues to move the goalposts. Bringing up negotiations that happened in 2009 have no bearing on what happened in 2011. Faison didn't accept some 2 year old offer, he accepted an offer that was made in April 2011. Its obvious that GT has no desire to play the game, but yet continues to make himself look like a fool by pretending to "negotiate" with himself with terms that are laughable.

• Upvote 2

Sacrificing 1 home game in 4 years to renew a rivalry that the overwhelming majority of fans of both schools want is something that UND is willing to do. And NDSU is not. We can argue till the cows come home to who ended the rivalry. But there is no doubt right now who is preventing this rivalry from renewing. And that is NDSU and Gene Taylor.

Man are you full of yourself. Most Bison Fans I know and I know plenty are glad we don't have to put up with your _hit on a yearly basis. It's bad enough watching the circus in the news almost daily about some bufoonery going on up there whether it be with something the school did directly or indirectly. Get over yourself already we don't give a rip about the game and most fans on the NDSU side feel the same.

Man are you full of yourself. Most Bison Fans I know and I know plenty are glad we don't have to put up with your _hit on a yearly basis. It's bad enough watching the circus in the news almost daily about some bufoonery going on up there whether it be with something the school did directly or indirectly. Get over yourself already we don't give a rip about the game and most fans on the NDSU side feel the same.

if you don't give a rip why are you on this site discussing it? I truly don't give a rip about MLS soccer so I have never been on one of their fan sites or bothered to comment on it. Be honest with yourself.