SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

We don't care to play UND...we don't want to play UND...we win national championships without playing UND...couldn't care less about UND...

"I'm bored at lunch today and gonna go check out what SiouxSports.com is saying anyways..."

Actually, you are about right with your last comment. And, I never said anything about my personal preferences other than if GT doesn't want to schedule UND, I'm OK with that. I would also be OK with him scheduling UND. IOW, I never said I was indifferent because I am not.

I hope this story keeps going. I love watching Gene Taylor squirm. He is trying so hard to come with different excuses all the time . All these varying reasons(lies) just keep piling up on him. It is getting to a point where he is having a hard time covering his tracks. He looks sillier all the time. Gotta love it. I hope this story never goes away. You would think it is getting to the point where he will run out of reasons why he can't get the game on the schedule.

Yeah, the Mighty Bizun would never agree to a home and home where they had to travel, for goodness sake, to a mere FCS team for the first game in that arrangement. Especially to a team that plays in the Big Sky. The audacity you show to even bring that up. I mean, come on man.

I hope this story keeps going. I love watching Gene Taylor squirm. He is trying so hard to come with different excuses all the time . All these varying reasons(lies) just keep piling up on him. It is getting to a point where he is having a hard time covering his tracks. He looks sillier all the time. Gotta love it. I hope this story never goes away. You would think it is getting to the point where he will run out of reasons why he can't get the game on the schedule.

Actually, GT looks just fine. It's Faison that is being exposed . . . but maybe, just maybe, it depends on who one cheers for. I'm going with that.

Yeah, the Mighty Bizun would never agree to a home and home where they had to travel, for goodness sake, to a mere FCS team for the first game in that arrangement. Especially to a team that plays in the Big Sky. The audacity you show to even bring that up. I mean, come on man.

I'm sorry, but things are what they are right now, and UND and its fans need to deal with reality as it is. Given the rivalry between the two schools (yes it is still very much alive) and given where NDSU is in football right now compared to UND, there is no way NDSU travels to Forks first. It's a pride and peckng order thing (and maybe even a bit silly), but that's the way something like this works. In short, UND is not just a "mere FCS team" to NDSU/GT, and won't be treated like one.

I'm not following you. We have an available date in 2015 and Gene has offered it to Faison. If you are suggesting that NDSU should go to Forks in 2015, you are crazy. Frankly, and not trying to sound like a dick, but that would be like an FBS team agreeing to come to Fargo first under a H/H contract. I know, no FBS team is going to enter into a H/H contract with NDSU, but, candidly, right now NDSU is like an FBS program when compared to UND. Bitch about that last comment if you want, but it's pretty much accurate.

Also, my guess is Gene would like to leave one open date for a bye before heading into conference play.

Oh my God the rubes are really starting to come out. I think NDSU could beat Alabama. Holy smokes!

See above discussion . . .

You mention faison blind copying these emails to the media. Last time I checked open records laws make them available. Ndsu folk especially should know this right?;)

Between faison and Taylor the last one of them I heard whining to the media was Taylor regarding Montana state backing out of the game in Fargo. And this was something they had the right to do - buy out clause in the contract. Taylor was whining about this for days when it was totally legal with the contract he signed. Now it's coming out that Taylor is constantly moving the goal posts in this supposed negotiation. He should take a look in the mirror. Or if he doesn't want to play the game quit wasting tax payer's money and stop the silly negotiation and just say he doesn't want to play und in football.

Assuming you are correct, I'm good with this!! If GT doesn't want to schedule UND in football, I have absolutely no problem with it. Afterall, we have won the last three FCS Natty's without you on the schedule, and the FargoDome seems to fill up nicely when we play at home.

Other than the really nice 2-8 campaign the last year in the NCC.......dead last by the way. Yep the Fargodome was really packed then.

Oh my God the rubes are really starting to come out. I think NDSU could beat Alabama. Holy smokes!

Can you read for substance. I said NDSU is like and FBS school "when compared to UND" right now. If you don't get that or agree with it, then you are not able to read for substance and have not seen one of the two teams, or both, play. Maybe I should have said UND looks like a bottom-feeder DII team to NDSU right now and you may have understood the meaning better.

Just think---if BF had taken the 2 year deal for a home and home yeas ago those game would have already been played, future games would already be scheduled and the rivalry would have been renewed. But no--BF turned that down.

Wrong. Faison accepted it, GT refused to sign the contract. The game was never going to be played before 2015. That's the years the have been negotiating on for years.

In April 2011, it appeared the sides were close to a deal to play in Fargo in 2015 and in Grand Forks in 2017.

At that time, Taylor wrote in an e-mail to Faison: “Let’s focus on 2015 in Fargo on September 19th (that is the only date that works for us in 2015) and return to Grand Forks in 2017 on September 9th or 16th. Let me know which date you prefer in 2017. Once we finalize dates let’s discuss on how we want to put this out.”

Faison responded: “The dates of September 19th in Fargo in 2015 and September 9th in Grand Forks in 2017 will work for us in the renewal of football competition between UND and NDSU. I would suggest that we meet in person to work through the details (tickets, start times, media strategy for the announcement, etc.) and that we do this as expeditiously as possible.”

I'm not following you. We have an available date in 2015 and Gene has offered it to Faison.

I'm pointing out that GT said he has to have 6 home games and an FBS money game. Obviously not true, look at NDSU's 2015 schedule. Not possible.

Other than the really nice 2-8 campaign the last year in the NCC.......dead last by the way. Yep the Fargodome was really packed then.

I thought we were talking about the present . . . sorry.

Whats' the attendance at the Alerus been of late?!

Don't lie, because I was at the Montana beatdown last fall and saw for myself.

Can you read for substance. I said NDSU is like and FBS school "when compared to UND" right now.

If that's the case, then maybe UND should demand what "FBS-like" schools are paying out for a guarantee games? Utah's paying $450K and Washington is playing $500K for UND to come out there in a few years. Guessing Faison would have no trouble agreeing to something around that.

Can you read for substance. I said NDSU is like and FBS school "when compared to UND" right now. If you don't get that or agree with it, then you are not able to read for substance and have not seen one of the two teams, or both, play. Maybe I should have said UND looks like a bottom-feeder DII team to NDSU right now and you may have understood the meaning better.

Don't tell me you weren't one of the idiots on bissson.com saying your convicts could beat Michigan, Alabama etc.

Just think---if BF had taken the 2 year deal for a home and home yeas ago those game would have already been played, future games would already be scheduled and the rivalry would have been renewed. But no--BF turned that down.

What makes you think GT would have agreed to that and not changed his story? He seems good at that.

Then what was Montana when they signed a home and home with UND when we were in the GWFC? If you think you are FBS, when compared to UND, Montana must have felt like the NFL when compared to UND.

Assuming you are correct, I'm good with this!! If GT doesn't want to schedule UND in football, I have absolutely no problem with it. Afterall, we have won the last three FCS Natty's without you on the schedule, and the FargoDome seems to fill up nicely when we play at home.

And out 12 OOC spots through 2018, UND has filled 9 of them WITHOUT NDSU. How may spots has NDSU filled through 2018?

Afterall, we have won the last three FCS Natty's without you on the schedule, ...

Dare I say ... because ... here's why:

A lot of energy and focus is spent on that game. And with that comes fatigue and injury as well.

If you are referring to one game at NDSU, then, yes, we would take the UND game. If you are referring to a home and home, no thanks--see my post above for more details.

Also, if I were a UND fan, I don't think I would be dissing on NDSU's schedule. University of Sioux Falls come to mind. Also, Ferris State would have handed you guys your jock strap this year!!

Sioux Falls was in 2009; not during the Big Sky Conference years. Since being in the Big Sky Conference, UND's OOC schedule (in future years) is nearly complete, and, is quite impressive (includes H and H with Missouri State, South Dakota, Stony Brook, and FBS games with Wyoming, Utah, and Washington). NDSU's schedule is nowhere as impressive as NDSU fans say it is. Both UND and NDSU could and should use the rivalry as a way to fill a schedule slot. Switch home site every-other year/game - not that damn difficult.

Also, in the Alerus Center, UND would've beat Ferris State last season.