SiouxSports.com Forum

Rick Bennett

SIOUXFAN97

That is incorrect Mayville does give athletic scholarships. I got a football scholarship out of high school from them and my brother has a baseball scholarship there now. They may not give full athletic scholarships but they do give athletic scholarships.

Thanks for that. I thought the NAIA was non-scholarship. My bad.

so eades was ok with being hak's assistant but he wouldn't like being bennetts assistant at cc??

pretty sure eades is itching to get into the nchc to show up the guy that fired him...

Eades played at UND, pretty easy to take an assistant coaching job at your alma mater. Going to CC to be another assistant coach isn't going to "show up" Hakstol at all.

• Upvote 1

that's what i'm kind of worried about...bennett goes to cc and brings in eades as his top guy??

anyone know what owens made his last year and what bennett made this year at union?

Don't think Eades is a great fit at CC but why would he take an assistant job there when he should be a head coach candidate for that kind of job? I think a current CC assistant may be the front runner for the head job right now.

Well, since he's signed through 2019 he'd better have thought of an "unless CC offers me their job" out clause or he ain't going anywhere.

http://www.masslive...._coach_ric.html

ask steve alford and new mexico if long term contracts mean anything anymore...bennett will go anywhere if the money is right and if he feels it gets him closer to his ultimate goal of being an nhl coach (if in fact that is his ultimate goal).

Besides, I think a certain MN assistant coach is going to be a leading candidate for the CC position.

I keep thinking that too but GPL'ers swear otherwise since he'll take over at Minnesota when Lucia retires. Problem is, that could be a year from now or ten years from now. I don't think Guentzel is THAT dedicated to the 'U' to wait that long. If CC comes calling, Guentzel will be listening. Not saying he'll take the job for sure, but he'll listen.

Eades played at UND, pretty easy to take an assistant coaching job at your alma mater. Going to CC to be another assistant coach isn't going to "show up" Hakstol at all.

if eades ends up either as a head coach or assistant in d1 hockey and that team wins a national title before und and eades holds up the national title trophy to the camera and smiles, he is only smiling at one person and one person only imo...

Nope NAIA schools can give athletic scholarships I think it is just the NCAA D3 level that doesn't allow it.

I looked up my bad and also NAIA D3 don't either. The NAIA has 3 levels just like the NCAA. I did not know that. I wonder how many scholarships Mayville has for baseball? I know their limit is 12. I would think your brother is at Mayville because he loves to play baseball more than thinking of scholarship money. Get a good education and have a good time. What more is there. Tell your brother that the alumni group there is as relentless as UND for tracking people down and asking for money. My mother went there in the 50's and still got stuff up until she died a few years ago.

I keep thinking that too but GPL'ers swear otherwise since he'll take over at Minnesota when Lucia retires. Problem is, that could be a year from now or ten years from now. I don't think Guentzel is THAT dedicated to the 'U' to wait that long. If CC comes calling, Guentzel will be listening. Not saying he'll take the job for sure, but he'll listen.

Lucia is 4 years older than Guentzel, almost to the day. I have no idea of Lucia's plans, but he doesn't strike me as someone looking to make the move into the NHL now, at age 55 (almost 56). NHL coaching is a young man's job. You don't see them hiring a lot of 56 year olds for a first time position.

I don't see Lucia moving to another college program. So unless he just decides to cash it in early due to health or family issues, or unless he gets canned, he'll likely finish out his coaching career at MN.

If you're Guentzel do you want to wait for that?

I could see Guentzel taking the CC job, or maybe waiting to see if Sandelin or someone likes that gets the ax. I just don't see him ever coaching at MN has the head guy.

if eades ends up either as a head coach or assistant in d1 hockey and that team wins a national title before und and eades holds up the national title trophy to the camera and smiles, he is only smiling at one person and one person only imo...

OMG, just because this revenge movie is playing in your head doesn't mean it is playing in Eades head!

If you knew why he got so called "fired" like you say, you would know he wouldn't be wanting revenge at anyone...

In regard to the CC job, I could see Gwoz wanting that job just to recruit like a fiend and keep the Gold Pan in C.Springs for a good, long time. That is, if CC is looking for a coach with a proven record and an axe to grind.

In regard to the CC job, I could see Gwoz wanting that job just to recruit like a fiend and keep the Gold Pan in C.Springs for a good, long time. That is, if CC is looking for a coach with a proven record and an axe to grind.

CC's AD already said that "George was NOT a good fit in CC"

You really think Eades doesn't know exactly why he is no longer coaching at UND? Yeah, there's so much animosity there that they still found themselves able to put that aside to sit together when watching the 8AA title game in TRF. And, yes, Berry and Jackson were there as well. Get a grip on reality.

Good for Eades if he wins a National Title. If you are going to blame Hak for not winning a title in the past than you must blame Eades also. I'm not sure where you think Eades has a grudge towards anyone from UND, unless you are the one who is unhappy he was "fired", as you say.

What about this? http://www.startribu...7241.html Seth Ambroz parents got a trip to Philly paid for them. Is that an issue?

That really is a terrific story.

One of the nice things about the story is that Ambroz really didn't have a lot of connection with the New Prague hockey team, at least at the high school level. He left early to head to the USHL, as I recall, so if anything you might think there would be a tiny bit of unhappiness that the family pulled the kid out of what is generally a pretty unheralded MN high school hockey program.

Instead, it's pretty obvious those associated with the school think pretty highly of the Ambroz family. I'm glad they got a chance to see their son play. Had to have been a pretty big thrill.

You really think Eades doesn't know exactly why he is no longer coaching at UND? Yeah, there's so much animosity there that they still found themselves able to put that aside to sit together when watching the 8AA title game in TRF. And, yes, Berry and Jackson were there as well. Get a grip on reality.

i'm not surprised they would be sitting near each other...i don't think eades is gonna cut hak out of his life i'm just saying that eades will have little bigger smile than normal showing off that national championship ring the first time running into hak after winning it (while hak has no championship rings at any level......ever??)

I looked up my bad and also NAIA D3 don't either. The NAIA has 3 levels just like the NCAA. I did not know that. I wonder how many scholarships Mayville has for baseball? I know their limit is 12. I would think your brother is at Mayville because he loves to play baseball more than thinking of scholarship money. Get a good education and have a good time. What more is there. Tell your brother that the alumni group there is as relentless as UND for tracking people down and asking for money. My mother went there in the 50's and still got stuff up until she died a few years ago.

Yeah I don't think they really give full scholarships out for any of their sports and they usually give most players partials. I know what they gave me when I was a freshman for football was like $500 for academics and then like a $1500 athletics. Yeah he isn't really their because of the scholarship but because it is a good program and within a few hours of home and one of the more affordable schools as well.

i'm not surprised they would be sitting near each other...i don't think eades is gonna cut hak out of his life i'm just saying that eades will have little bigger smile than normal showing off that national championship ring the first time running into hak after winning it (while hak has no championship rings at any level......ever??)

Eades already has a couple championship rings.....

• Upvote 1