SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ UNO

bincitysioux

1st round CIT game against the Mavs is tonight. Nobody is super excited to be in the CIT again, but it is an accomplishment in its own respect. Now let'w win the game tonight. So far, the CIT win has been elusive to this squad.

UNO is 16-14 overall and 5-9 in the Summit, good for 6th in the 8 team league. They have some nice wins on the season including at Nevada and against SDSU in Frost Arena. They also lost by just 3 to UNLV.

Jones is 1-5 all time against the Mavs. Herald article this morning said Schuler, Webb, and Nash are all likely out. With a depleted roster, this will be a tough game, the number of games we've played recently, and all the travel, this will be an uphill battle. UNO hasn't played a game since March 1.

A FREE WEBCAST is available for all CIT games.

Game is at 7pm tonight.

UND currently a 6.5 point underdog on UNO's home court.

Not counting out any team that has Huff and Anderson but having a hard time seeing this one fall in UND's favor without 2 of their top 3 defenders and by far their most athletic big man on top of all the traveling they've done. Disappointing that 4 of the 7 seniors will likely be watching in street clothes.

Could make for some interesting lineups tonight if Webb, Nash and Schuler can't play. Since both Nash and Schuler have played the 4 this year maybe they slide Calcaterra to the 4 to start since UNO starts a 6'8" 230lb player at the 4. That would only leave Salmonson as a backup at the 5 and Stefen and Benton at the 4. We still have enough bodies but not nearly as much talent to compete on the road against a much rested team. Hopefully a few of the injured are able to go.

Could make for some interesting lineups tonight if Webb, Nash and Schuler can't play. Since both Nash and Schuler have played the 4 this year maybe they slide Calcaterra to the 4 to start since UNO starts a 6'8" 230lb player at the 4. That would only leave Salmonson as a backup at the 5 and Stefen and Benton at the 4. We still have enough bodies but not nearly as much talent to compete on the road against a much rested team. Hopefully a few of the injured are able to go.

I was thinking that as well, but at the rate the Traylor/Calcaterra/Salmonson trio picks up fouls, I think you are playing with fire if you have two of the three in there for an extended period of time. Probably going to see a lot of 4 guard line-up with Antwi/Stefan. Thinking Benton will get some good minutes tonight as well. He's capable of guarding players bigger than him, but 6'8" might be pushing it.

With UNO having two big guys that play lots of minutes, I worry that our bigs, especially Traylor, will get into foul trouble quickly.

I wonder if we might see Benton and Hobaugh getting time at the 4.

I agree that Benton and Hobaugh may get huge minutes tonight at the 4. Benton and Hobaugh are very physical down low and should do a good job defensively but we lose a lot on the offensive end. I see Huff taking a lot of shots tonight and hopefully he is making them for us to have a shot.

It should also help that UNO also plays a pretty uptempo game, they are top 20 in the nation at just over 80 points per game. While it plays into what they do, playing a small line-up rather than 2 bigs should also helps UND have a better line-up on the court.

This game is still very winnable for us, a couple shots drop our way and it's a W. There is no reason for us not to do this. Didn't these guys finish almost dead last in the Summit?

Down 3 of our top 6 players on the road it's not going to be easy no matter what they did in the Summit. They did beat SDSU at home and several other descent teams. Not giving up but a major task at hand.