SiouxSports.com Forum

Predicting the Hobey Baker Top Ten

Dave Berger

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why Dowd is in the top 3, good player but not a top 3 guy. (may have impressed some voters by turning down money to return?) I would have thought Archibald over Dowd.

I know alot of Goofer fans are peeved over Wilcox not getting in, and while I don't think he is a Hobey Hat Trick guy, I can understand the frustration; very similar to when Lamoreux missed the Hobey Hat Trick. Wilcox has had a great season, but his success can be overshadowed by the team in front of him. While he has played well, he hasn't really had to win games for them, because they have a strong team. Had his team depended on his performance more, he may have convinced more voters that he was worthy of being in the top 3.

That being said, Gadreau obviously wins anyway.

Not sure why Dowd is in the top 3, good player but not a top 3 guy. (may have impressed some voters by turning down money to return?) I would have thought Archibald over Dowd.

I know alot of Goofer fans are peeved over Wilcox not getting in, and while I don't think he is a Hobey Hat Trick guy, I can understand the frustration; very similar to when Lamoreux missed the Hobey Hat Trick. Wilcox has had a great season, but his success can be overshadowed by the team in front of him. While he has played well, he hasn't really had to win games for them, because they have a strong team. Had his team depended on his performance more, he may have convinced more voters that he was worthy of being in the top 3.

maybe the same thing will happen to Wilcox that hapnened to Lamoruex that year in the Frozen Four and he let's in 6 goals during the Thursday game :)

• Upvote 2

I don't think a goalie will win the Hobey again with the Mike Richter award being only for goalies.