SiouxSports.com Forum

Attn all Sioux fans

gfhockey

Clearly, someone who didn't want to sift through and unofficially rank 80 goals this year decided just the #1s were eligible. If you can't win your own week then how can you win the tournament? Only scrubs have complained about that.

You only hear the song once a week, but it signifies that hey, this is the Top 5 goals. You just know what's going to happen next when you hear that extensively awesome music play. NBC has their three note jingle and you know you're watching NBC. Same is true for Top 5 goals. You know you're ready for something intensely satisfying when that music starts up.

We know awesome Sioux hockey starts after the obnoxious "Get on Your Feet" song, but that doesn't make it any less assaulting on the ears.

I agree with southpaw, it's like branding the NCHC's top 5 goals of the week. SiouxTupa is just a hater, and apparently has never listened to Barry White, cause it's not even close.

Nothing like attacking another poster in your second post on this board. Go away, troll.

Personally, I don't reward fluky goals in a top goals competition. I prefer clean goals that exhibit true skill. Caggiula's move around the D followed by the perfectly placed top shelf shot from a difficult angle is as nice as it gets this year.

Personally, I don't reward fluky goals in a top goals competition. I prefer clean goals that exhibit true skill. Caggiula's move around the D followed by the perfectly placed top shelf shot from a difficult angle is as nice as it gets this year.

I feel the same.

Justin Kovac's goal where he walks through the UMD defense has got to be up there. I'm more impressed by that one than by Caggiula's.

Unfortunately, that one is up against Grimaldi's second (in the black jersey, against WMU), and Grimaldi's will likely win and knock out a really good Kovac goal.

Justin Kovac's goal where he walks through the UMD defense has got to be up there. I'm more impressed by that one than by Caggiula's.

Unfortunately, that one is up against Grimaldi's second (in the black jersey, against WMU), and Grimaldi's will likely win and knock out a really good Kovac goal.

I picked that Kovacs (2) goal over Grimaldi (2) as well. Just impressive all around.

It depends on what you mean by fluky. The fact that Grimaldi's second goal went in is fluky in my opinion. But on some of them, the puck bouncing in the air may be fluky, but the hand-eye coordination to still hit it in for a goal is not.

I picked that Kovacs (2) goal over Grimaldi (2) as well. Just impressive all around.

I also picked that one over Rocco's 2nd. That Rocco goal must have been during a weak batch of goals. It really wasn't that impressive of a finish. Agreed that it was fluky.

It depends on what you mean by fluky. The fact that Grimaldi's second goal went in is fluky in my opinion.

I won't argue against that.

But on some of them, the puck bouncing in the air may be fluky, but the hand-eye coordination to still hit it in for a goal is not.

Meh, I think you're overestimating their abilities in this one.