SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

Before the advent of message boards, actually preferred SDSU to USD.  The classless behavior SDSU fans have learned from NDSU changed my mind.

The Big Sky will value loyalty.  UND went into the BSC and persevered when geography was against it.  All the Dakota schools were asked to wait for DI by the Big Sky.  NDSU's Chapman and SDSU's Miller refused and ended up wanting badly the MVC, which doesn't value loyalty only money.

UND will be the first FBS team as its gained some Big Sky loyalty reward points as a patient school.  USD will be next.  SDSU will follow in the years to come.  NDSU will be last.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Maybe UND fans wanting to go FBS when they aren't competitive in the FCS, don't have a large enough stadium, and are cash poor.  You think?

aren't competitive? we had some of the best quality losses in the country...

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's more delusional...a reborn WAC fbs football or ndac and or sdsu getting a full mvc invite?

You won't get an argument from me on NDSU or SDSU getting a full MVC invite.  I, too, don't see that happening.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

NDSU and SDSU fans should be pleased that there will be an FBS option in a revised WAC for them.  They don't have a prayer of FBS anywhere else.  But the major thing that they are pissy about is UND will be there first.

I am not offering any opinions on behalf of SDSU.  And I have no opinion on what is good for UND.  I was prompted to quote Siouxvolley more out of amazement on yet another prediction -- running through my head is the question "How does a guy make that stuff up?"  Since the prediction starts to unfold "this coming week" with an announcement from Idaho, I guess we'll soon know whether some sort of apology should be offered to Siouxvolley. 

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

NDSU and SDSU fans should be pleased that there will be an FBS option in a revised WAC for them.  They don't have a prayer of FBS anywhere else.  But the major thing that they are pissy about is UND will be there first.

This is again where your pettiness over rides reality. Its not who goes FBS first. For NDSU its all about if the move and the situation is whats best for NDSU. To make a move just to say you are FBS falls in to the Lakesbison mind set and isnt what sound business decisions are based on.

4 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Maybe UND fans wanting to go FBS when they aren't competitive in the FCS, don't have a large enough stadium, and are cash poor.  You think?

You are confusing chat on a fan board with "UND fans" as a whole and to say UND isn't competitive in FBS is asinine trolling.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

This is again where your pettiness over rides reality. Its not who goes FBS first. For NDSU its all about if the move and the situation is whats best for NDSU. To make a move just to say you are FBS falls in to the Lakesbison mind set and isnt what sound business decisions are based on.

This is so rich.  The bizon and the jack board and their trolls here were yacking up a storm that they we so superior no because they were DI and FCS.  You have the brain memory of a sloth or a mouse.

6 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Isn't this the argument that Bison fans say UND fans were telling them when they decided to move up to DI? NDSU proved those people wrong with a kick butt transition and now 5 championships in a row, what says UND can't be successful in the FBS? Not large enough stadium see Idaho, and cash poor.....how is the NDSU budget cuts coming along?

3 hours ago, bison73 said:

It's all very simple.  Lakes will pay for it all with "borrowed" credit cards.  

What could possibly go wrong?   Again.. ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

This is so rich.  The bizon and the jack board and their trolls here were yacking up a storm that they we so superior no because they were DI and FCS.  You have the brain memory of a sloth or a mouse.

We arent talking about whats posted on other boards by people who have questionable intelligence like yourself. I was talking about what was best for NDSU which has nothing to do with who goes to FBS first. If you cant differentiate between the two may be you should leave the discussion to the adults.

27 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

It's all very simple.  Lakes will pay for it all with "borrowed" credit cards.  

What could possibly go wrong?   Again.. ;)

Since hes too cheap to be a TM I wouldnt count on him to pay for anything. But he will drink a beer out of Your cooler. :)

• Upvote 3

On 4/8/2016 at 6:00 PM, SiouxVolley said:
5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Isn't this the argument that Bison fans say UND fans were telling them when they decided to move up to DI? NDSU proved those people wrong with a kick butt transition and now 5 championships in a row, what says UND can't be successful in the FBS? Not large enough stadium see Idaho, and cash poor.....how is the NDSU budget cuts coming along?

If you compare yourself to Idaho, that's enough for me to go ahead and tell you it won't go well.

3 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

If you compare yourself to Idaho, that's enough for me to go ahead and tell you it won't go well.

Fargodome is about 3,000 bigger than the Kibbie Dome I guess it won't go well either unless you get the citizens of Fargo to pay for a new (FBS) quality dome, and no it won't happen.

9 hours ago, bison73 said:

Since hes too cheap to be a TM I wouldnt count on him to pay for anything. But he will drink a beer out of Your cooler. :)

Well, it's not a felony for drinking beer from my cooler.  But it should be!  

7 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Fargodome is about 3,000 bigger than the Kibbie Dome I guess it won't go well either unless you get the citizens of Fargo to pay for a new (FBS) quality dome, and no it won't happen.

but the fargodome is made up of 1,500,000 bricks and 18,000 beautiful multicolored seats...

Because the WAC can offer FBS membership, it is the most valuable conference at the FCS level.  The MVC and the CAA would offer to swap memberships with it.  But that doesn't gain the western WAC members anything.

But if the Big Sky swapped members with the WAC, all of its members would be ecstatic because their travel burdens would be reduced.  Bake, GCU, UVU, and Seattle wouldn't see futher flights than to Denver for N Colo.  UMKC could be delivered it's promised WAC tournament, UTRGV would have a route to FBS, and NMSU would have compatible FBS partners.

Individual schools that want FBS like Liberty, Jacksonville St, E Kentucky, Lamar, Sam Houston St, Youngstown St are almost certainly playing nice with the WAC, but the western WAC schools don't want them.

16 hours ago, bison73 said:

We arent talking about whats posted on other boards by people who have questionable intelligence like yourself. I was talking about what was best for NDSU which has nothing to do with who goes to FBS first. If you cant differentiate between the two may be you should leave the discussion to the adults.

Guess NDSU fans are happy that they won't be playing a Big Ten team after this year.  If you were FBS, you would schedule two P5 teams a year, but I guess that doesn't make business sense to bring in two million just for P5 away games.

4 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Guess NDSU fans are happy that they won't be playing a Big Ten team after this year.  If you were FBS, you would schedule two P5 teams a year, but I guess that doesn't make business sense to bring in two million just for P5 away games.

Again the move has to make sense and be good for NDSU as a whole. To sell yourself out just for some extra money when there isnt the possibility of a playoff, or being in a crappy conference with lots of travel and not in your recruiting foot print doesnt sound very appealing to me. Of course there is always the lure of playing in the Mufflerrepairbowl  in a crappy city like Detroit. LOL.

Now if that appeals to you be my guest.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Again the move has to make sense and be good for NDSU as a whole. To sell yourself out just for some extra money when there isnt the possibility of a playoff, or being in a crappy conference with lots of travel and not in your recruiting foot print doesnt sound very appealing to me. Of course there is always the lure of playing in the Mufflerrepairbowl  in a crappy city like Detroit. LOL.

Now if that appeals to you be my guest.

But having a hard time scheduling a G5 away game for 250 k is the best NDSU can do now.  I see.

Why is Larson trying to raise students fees when they were supposed to be frozen for five?  Why are season ticket prices to the new BSA so outrageous that even TM'ers are complaining?  Seems like someone is driving to raise exit and entrance fees to afford a new conference but bozoville can't put two and two together.

With all the FCS championships you trolls have bragged about, you sure seem short of cash.

On 5/7/2016 at 9:42 PM, SiouxVolley said:

This coming week, Idaho's Staben will make a statement and a plea.  He will state the the overwhelming Vandal alumni response was negative to the FCS announcement.  He will also state that he will reconsider FBS if two conditions are met.  First, Vandal supporters must raise x million in pledges, and secondly, six Big Sky program must commit to FBS and move to the WAC. If those two conditions are met, Idaho will stay FBS.

The other Big Sky prez's will respond coolly to that and say that they need to raise money for scholarships and facilities, but secretly they have been planning for it for years.  The six schools that will commit to FBS to satisfy Idaho's demands are Montana, Montana St, EWU, UND, NAU.  But Wichita St will commit to FBS as an affiliate, so that makes eight.  USD even will state they are interested.  Denver will come forward as wanting to be affiliated with an FBS conference.

UND will be reluctant publicly, but there is a a donor or donors that are ready.  When those donor come forward, UND will officially commit.

So all those schools will join the WAC.  The Slummit will have to invite UMKC and Chicago St to stay alive.

The Big Sky will in turn invite GCU, UTRGV, Seattle, UVU, and Bake.  Sac St, Cal Poly, UCDAVIS, and Portland St will remain BSC affiliates for a couple years, and then be invited.  The Big Sky will also invite Azusa Pacific and Dixie St to fill out its FCS roster and Cal Baptist on the basketball side.

Down the road, NDSU and SDSU will have to join, as they didn't get MVC invites. They move, but the Slummit will die if DII teams like Mankato, Augustana, and Grand Valley St haven't been invited.

gonna name any names?

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

gonna name any names?

There are two Canadians near billionaires that are alums, one a football player, then a lawyer, then a gold mine owner, and the other was a fashion designer then owner of a big clothing distributor, and both own Caribbean Islands as winter homes.  Another alum was born in Fargo and became a very successful banker, airline owner and now venture capitalist.  He previously donated NDSU's business building in honor of his father.  All three have been mentioned previously on SS.com.

5 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

There are two Canadians near billionaires that are alums, one a football player, then a lawyer, then a gold mine owner, and the other was a fashion designer then owner of a big clothing distributor, and both own Caribbean Islands as winter homes.  Another alum was born in Fargo and became a very successful banker, airline owner and now venture capitalist.  He previously donated NDSU's business building in honor of his father.  All three have been mentioned previously on SS.com.

I was under the impression ndsu's business building wasn't donated. The foundation just financed it.

25 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

did they send emails to faison talking about donating money and bf "skimmed" them and didn't get back to them?

• Upvote 1